“Another Good Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1550 Highway 93 North, Kalispell, MT 59901   |
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Kalispell
Vancouver, Washington
“Another Good Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Stopped here on my way to Glacier Natl Park. This place is very clean and has a nice room layout. I'm picky and it met my standards as having clean sheets, didn't smell of smoke, and bathroom looked immaculate. You can see they take pride in the property. Breakfast was good. I liked the pancake machine. Makes them perfect. Front desk was very helpful at recommending places to go.

Room Tip: Keep in mind that there are rooms on a second floor that may have steps in the hall because the esta...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Shawn C, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Kalispell, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
I am very happy to see that we met your picky standards. Thank you for your kind compliments regarding our cleanliness as well as helpful staff. We do take great pride in our property and ensuring that all our guests have an enjoyable stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Lethbridge, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Just an average hotel located in a city where hotel prices are ridiculous!! There's no way this hotel would be charging well over $100 if it was located anywhere else! No pool. Breakfast was average I guess, no selection of juices and nothing the kids wanted, so we went to McDonald's. It's older but remodeled, newer carpet, clean. Strange set up of the bathroom with a pocket door instead of regular door (ours didn't like to slide and kept getting stuck)and the bathtub placement was even stranger plus no conditioner which really bothered me!
Fine if all you need is a place to sleep. Easy to find location and close to all the shopping!

• Stayed July 2014
I do value your opinion regarding the hotel pricing in our area. While our prices do exceed $100.00 due to the influx of traffic we have during the summer months in the flathead valley, I can ensure you that we still maintain a reasonable value compared to many comparable hotels in town. Prices usually run between $150 to over $400 nightly. In addition, 9 month of the year we offer rates well below $100.
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed in the Inn for 2 nights a couple of weeks ago. I had booked two rooms, for two nights. My room had a funny smell and I soon discovered that the shower wall wall leaking into the room and the carpet was very wet, I had to wear my shoes while in the room all the time. I also like to watch the news before I go to bed and unfortunately the TV was not working. In the morning I told the front deck and they did have someone come in and fixed the cable on the TV and had the water sucked up, however it was still damp and required shoes to walk around. We also had asked for a room on the first floor as I was with my 91 year old mother and steps are hard for her. They told me no problem, but they didn't tell me that even on the first floor you had to go up 5 steps to get to the rooms. The second room was in better condition and had no issues.

The breakfast was minimal, I thought that cereal and milk would have been available but no such luck. They did have pancakes, bread, muffins & bagels. Also sweet buns if you like that first thing in the morning. No fresh fruit, but they did have yogurt.

The Inn is is close proximity to everything, shopping, restaurants so the location was convenient. I have to say that when I checked out I mentioned that I thought that I should get a comp night due to the condition of the room, the manager did come out from the back and told me that wasn't going to happen, with a little attitude, but he did say he would give me 15% off, guess that was better than nothing.

I think next time I will look for a little higher end place to stay.

Room Tip: I would suggest room on the other side of Highway 93.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
We do apologize for this unfortunate incident. While it is our normal policy to move you to a new room, due to our full occupancy at this time, we unfortunately could not do this at that time. Although I was not the manager you spoke with regarding this matter, I am sorry for your inconvenience.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My wife and I just spent four nights there on vacation, long enough to see the property and its operation in some detail. The building is well maintained, the rooms very clean, breakfast simple but plenty of reasonably healthy food, coffee all day. Wifi included and available throughout. However, my main memory of the hotel is how friendly, helpful and courteous the staff are. Shawn presides over the front desk and manages at the same time, all while being helpful to the guests and coordinating the operation. Gordon, the night desk clerk, always has a funny story ... or several. And the housekeepers, though all young, are friendly, courteous and respectful. Fine place.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less street and parking lot noise.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the wonderful compliments. My staff and I work very hard to make all of our guests stay with us as enjoyable as we can.
Pocatello, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

This was an average room for the dollar. The ladies, Nina and Annette at the front desk were very helpful and friendly. They made some good suggestions on dining and local attractions. However, be aware that even on the ground floor there are some stairs 4-5 that you have to take your luggage up to get to your room. Additionally, the windows do not have sheers under the drapes and when you open the drapes you are exposing a bare window to the parking lot passing traffice and people walking past. The room otherwise is dark and you have to turn on lights all the time.

CARBS, CARBS, and more carbs on the continental breakfast. I did not expect to see a full breakfast, however some eggs or proteins would have been nice. I know this has been a comment in the past perhaps the management should think about making a change.

Room Tip: Ask for main floor rooms before steps if you don't want to carry luggage up stairs for any reaso...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
I genuinely appreciate your compliments of our front desk staff. They all are wonderful people wanting to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. I keep a close eye on all our reviews, and I do acknowledge that there are many comments regarding our continental breakfast. However, as an economy hotel we do not have the facilities to cook eggs or offer that type of breakfast. We have attempted to offer an expanded assortment of what a continental breakfast is by adding hot pancakes and low carb yogurts.
Medicine Hat, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Stayed for one night in July, all in all was a good stay. At the price point sometimes quality of the hotel might be an issue, but that was not the case here.

Pros: Room was clean, toiletries were ample, air conditioner worked wonderfully in hot weather. The price was reasonable and the room was tastefully decorated and laid out. Wifi was fast and reliable for a hotel. Complimentary breakfast included pancakes.

Cons: Complementary breakfast was a little Spartan compared to what I'm used to. No milk, no cereal, and the juice was depleted by 9am and not refilled. The bed was a little more firm then I've come to expect in a hotel. The nearest restaurant is several blocks away so be prepared if you fly in and do not have a rental car.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
We greatly appreciate your compliments regarding our service, value and cleanliness. I am sorry to hear of your disappointment regarding our continental breakfast.
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I've stayed here twice successfully. On my last trip they were fine for my outgoing trip but they had no record of my reservation on the return even though I had a printout and I'd made the reservations at the same time. Unfortunately they were full up and could do nothing for me. That said when I have stayed here the rooms are clean and fine and better than some others in their price class. The breakfast leaves a little to be desired but there are good places in town to eat and it's not horrible if you are in a rush. The location is very convenient being right on rt 93.

• Stayed June 2014
An unfortunate incident regarding your reservation. Obviously no excuses, we made a mistake. I am very sorry for the inconvenience. We do appreciate your acknowledgement of the value and cleanliness of the hotel.

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Kalispell? Share your experiences!