“OK Value” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Kalispell
Calgary, Canada
“OK Value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed in the Inn for 2 nights a couple of weeks ago. I had booked two rooms, for two nights. My room had a funny smell and I soon discovered that the shower wall wall leaking into the room and the carpet was very wet, I had to wear my shoes while in the room all the time. I also like to watch the news before I go to bed and unfortunately the TV was not working. In the morning I told the front deck and they did have someone come in and fixed the cable on the TV and had the water sucked up, however it was still damp and required shoes to walk around. We also had asked for a room on the first floor as I was with my 91 year old mother and steps are hard for her. They told me no problem, but they didn't tell me that even on the first floor you had to go up 5 steps to get to the rooms. The second room was in better condition and had no issues.

The breakfast was minimal, I thought that cereal and milk would have been available but no such luck. They did have pancakes, bread, muffins & bagels. Also sweet buns if you like that first thing in the morning. No fresh fruit, but they did have yogurt.

The Inn is is close proximity to everything, shopping, restaurants so the location was convenient. I have to say that when I checked out I mentioned that I thought that I should get a comp night due to the condition of the room, the manager did come out from the back and told me that wasn't going to happen, with a little attitude, but he did say he would give me 15% off, guess that was better than nothing.

I think next time I will look for a little higher end place to stay.

Room Tip: I would suggest room on the other side of Highway 93.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Shawn C, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Kalispell, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
We do apologize for this unfortunate incident. While it is our normal policy to move you to a new room, due to our full occupancy at this time, we unfortunately could not do this at that time. Although I was not the manager you spoke with regarding this matter, I am sorry for your inconvenience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My wife and I just spent four nights there on vacation, long enough to see the property and its operation in some detail. The building is well maintained, the rooms very clean, breakfast simple but plenty of reasonably healthy food, coffee all day. Wifi included and available throughout. However, my main memory of the hotel is how friendly, helpful and courteous the staff are. Shawn presides over the front desk and manages at the same time, all while being helpful to the guests and coordinating the operation. Gordon, the night desk clerk, always has a funny story ... or several. And the housekeepers, though all young, are friendly, courteous and respectful. Fine place.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less street and parking lot noise.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the wonderful compliments. My staff and I work very hard to make all of our guests stay with us as enjoyable as we can.
Pocatello, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

This was an average room for the dollar. The ladies, Nina and Annette at the front desk were very helpful and friendly. They made some good suggestions on dining and local attractions. However, be aware that even on the ground floor there are some stairs 4-5 that you have to take your luggage up to get to your room. Additionally, the windows do not have sheers under the drapes and when you open the drapes you are exposing a bare window to the parking lot passing traffice and people walking past. The room otherwise is dark and you have to turn on lights all the time.

CARBS, CARBS, and more carbs on the continental breakfast. I did not expect to see a full breakfast, however some eggs or proteins would have been nice. I know this has been a comment in the past perhaps the management should think about making a change.

Room Tip: Ask for main floor rooms before steps if you don't want to carry luggage up stairs for any reaso...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
I genuinely appreciate your compliments of our front desk staff. They all are wonderful people wanting to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. I keep a close eye on all our reviews, and I do acknowledge that there are many comments regarding our continental breakfast. However, as an economy hotel we do not have the facilities to cook eggs or offer that type of breakfast. We have attempted to offer an expanded assortment of what a continental breakfast is by adding hot pancakes and low carb yogurts.
Medicine Hat, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Stayed for one night in July, all in all was a good stay. At the price point sometimes quality of the hotel might be an issue, but that was not the case here.

Pros: Room was clean, toiletries were ample, air conditioner worked wonderfully in hot weather. The price was reasonable and the room was tastefully decorated and laid out. Wifi was fast and reliable for a hotel. Complimentary breakfast included pancakes.

Cons: Complementary breakfast was a little Spartan compared to what I'm used to. No milk, no cereal, and the juice was depleted by 9am and not refilled. The bed was a little more firm then I've come to expect in a hotel. The nearest restaurant is several blocks away so be prepared if you fly in and do not have a rental car.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
We greatly appreciate your compliments regarding our service, value and cleanliness. I am sorry to hear of your disappointment regarding our continental breakfast.
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here twice successfully. On my last trip they were fine for my outgoing trip but they had no record of my reservation on the return even though I had a printout and I'd made the reservations at the same time. Unfortunately they were full up and could do nothing for me. That said when I have stayed here the rooms are clean and fine and better than some others in their price class. The breakfast leaves a little to be desired but there are good places in town to eat and it's not horrible if you are in a rush. The location is very convenient being right on rt 93.

• Stayed June 2014
An unfortunate incident regarding your reservation. Obviously no excuses, we made a mistake. I am very sorry for the inconvenience. We do appreciate your acknowledgement of the value and cleanliness of the hotel.
Erie, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Simple hotel. Easy location but gps address can't seem to find this hotel. Overall clean and simple. Room opened to parking lot....I would get a room on higher floor next time. Did the job. Reasonable.

Room Tip: Ask for opposite main road....not so noisy.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
I do acknowledge that locating us on a gps has been an issue in the past. We are located on Hi way 93 N. But, to accurately find us using a gps you must use 1550 Sunset Blvd. Even though the road is marked as Hi way 93 the city calls the section of the road Sunset Blvd. I apologize for the confusion you and other guests have had locating us due to this issue. We appreciate you recognized the cleanliness of the hotel. Our staff works very hard to ensure everyone has a clean comfortable stay.
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

When we come to Kalispell we stay here. The rates are good and the rooms are very good. We booked two rooms both were clean and the pillows and beds were comfortable. It was a Canadian long weekend and there were guests with a little yippy dog and real noisy kids, nothing much the staff can do about this. The breakfast bar has plenty of bagels and sweets and was very popular. I skip it for something a little more healthy.
I'll stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Shawn C, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Kalispell, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
I am happy we have once again met your expectations. We greatly appreciate your continued loyalty and hope to see you again soon.