“Value for money” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Kalispell
Kalispell
“Value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I usually find perfectly good accomodations in the $100-$130 range so was dissapointed to find on my Trip Advisor search that a comparable room in Kalispell was going to be about $100 higher. I chose the Red Lion because they had a vacancy and I got the price down to $177.00 instead of $239.00 by signing up for Red Lion Rewards.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

GeneralManagerLCB, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Kalispell, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and posting your comments. Yes, our rewards program gives you a reduced rate period. Hopefully we will see you again sooner than later.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

The room was a bit dated, carpet and pull out couch, our 2 daughters slept on the pull out and had to use pillows for comfort as the mattress was terrible. Breakfast was great and so was the fitness area. The pool was a few degrees too cold and the out door hot tub wasn't working.

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

GeneralManagerLCB, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Kalispell, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you very much for providing helpful feedback regarding your stay. I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast and the fitness center, and but I am sorry to hear about the difficulty you had with the hide a bed and pool. We take all of our guest’s comments seriously as they assist us in providing better service. We hope you will be staying with us again so we can prove our ability to exceed your expectations
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Been to Montana on Official visit, Had to stay for 3 nights with worst ever been hotel. This hotel is at Kalispell downtown which is nearer to many restaurants, that is the only one advantage I saw staying in this hotel but, it is not worth staying only for that reason. House keeping, response from front desk and response from customer care is really bad. They have only one charging point so, we have to run around for charging Mobile, iPad, Laptop etc. They charge $240 per day & no proper house keeping, they don't change all the bathroom items, bed spreads, don't clean the bathroom & toilets. Air condition is of older one which can't be controlled after one point. The charges are high with poor service so recommended to stay away from this hotel.

Room Tip: My advice is not to select the hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you very much for providing helpful feedback regarding your stay. I am glad you enjoyed our location and took advantage of our local restaurants, but I am sorry to hear about the difficulty you had with our "charging points" and air condition units. I will be looking into these two items. We take all of our guest’s comments seriously as they assist us in providing better service. We hope you will be staying with us again so we can prove our ability to exceed your expectations
Kalispell
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

The hotel is good but the shuttle service was terrible when we were there and there was no attempt made to rectify this situation in our mind. We waited 1 hour and 40 minutes for the shuttle at the airport.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thank you for your recent post. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us but I am sorry to hear about the difficulty you had with our shuttle. I have looked into this situation and make some changes to our transportation department. I hope you can return to see the improvements.
Mobile, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

The room and be were comfortable. However, the property needs updating. The carpets are dated and stained throughput and the floor at the reception area was in need of cleaning. one of the lights in our room was burnt out but the receptionist had it replaced promptly. The halls are very dark and modern fixtures and new carpet would help alleviate the feeling of dinginess.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for providing your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed your room and bed as well as our front desk prompt on your request. I have taken your other comments and shared with our team. We have put things into place to take care of these items. Thank you again and hopefully you will stay with us again and see the improvement.
Peoria, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We stayed two nights after planning the trip short notice. Not much was available and the rate was pretty good. On the plus side, the bed was very comfortable and the sheets clean. Plenty of room in the room and bathroom. And the breakfast was pretty decent. You can get a cooked to order omelet. They have a nice little inner courtyard where you could sit and relax, and fire pit. The hallways seem dark and the carpets old and dirty looking. Everything just seemed old and dated. I was not really comfortable there. Our reason for being in the area was to go to Glacier National Park, and it was an easy drive, but took an hour or so. The staff was friendly. So, it's a toss up. Next time, I will plan in advance and look for other arrangements, but it served a purpose with no frills. Just OK in my opinion.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Saint Clair Shores
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

My wife and I spent two days here while visiting Glacier National Park and had zero problems. The room, service, location were all great. The free buffet breakfast was a nice change from the usual hotel continental breakfast. The pool and hot tub was another nice benefit in this price range. I would definitely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

GeneralManagerLCB, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Kalispell, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for your great review. My family and I traveled up the Going to the Sun Road on the 4th of July. It still amazes me each trip I take to Logan Pass no matter how many times I have been there. I am so happy it was open when you were visiting and you witnessed one of the most beautiful areas of our country. Do not stay away long.

Been to Red Lion Hotel Kalispell? Share your experiences!