“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 22 hotels in Kalispell
spokane
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

This is the most amazing place to stay. Friendly and welcoming employees, awesome breakfast and the rooms were extremely clean!! Had the best birthday weekend ever here relaxing with my spouse. Everyone should experience this type of stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
MrTietema, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Hotel Kalispell, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Once again Happy Birthday and we’re glad that you experienced such a great time on your special weekend. Always remember no matter the occasion we are here for you! :-)

287 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Spokane WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I got a room here thru priceline, and for the money I paid it was a great value! Breakfast was superb with sausage, bacon, french toast, fruit, bread goods, and made to order eggs or omelettes. I loved the outside whirlpool, despite the rain outside! The room had two double beds and everything else that a good hotel room has. I loved having a door to the outside atrium with chairs! All employees we came across were very friendly. Overall, very satisfied with my stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
We are very pleased to hear that you were able to experience the hotel and all the great amenities we offer. Keep in mind that our direct website offers great year round deals and promotions on rates, all while earning you R&R reward points!
Del Mar, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

The breakfast buffet gets a 'B' rating from the health department. Kind of scary. Plus the omelette guy has a tip jar out (huh?). Fitness center opens late (7 AM) but only if they remember, otherwise you could be waiting for half an hour for someone to open it up. Indoor pool is nice - perhaps the best feature. Rooms are small and they've put too much inside - mini fridge, coffee maker, etc - more appliances than power outlets! Walls are very thin - so when your neighbor wakes up and starts to shower, you will too!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
We regret your experience with us during your previous visit but it is with great pleasure that since Oct. our passing grade of a “B” has been improving upon each inspection. If we can assist you in the future please contact me directly (jason.tietema@redlion.com) and I will see to it your stay is to our high standards and expectations we have been known for.
Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Went down for a 4 day boarding trip to whitefish. Decided to stay here because of their "ski package." It was a rip off. They charge you for one and let you buy the rest from them. The managers become scarce when you want to see them.Their hot tub had thick scum around the top. The only plus was breakfast was good. Decided to cut our stay short and went to The Hampton inn, they gave us lunches for the day and free shuttles anywhere in kalispell.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Custoemr Care Department at Red Lion Hotel Kalispell, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
We would like to apologize for condition of the hot tub at our hotel and that management was not available during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time to rate our hotel based on the experience during your stay. You are a valued guest and we hope to better serve you during your next stay.
Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I was actually going to save this review as my last one in Montana, but I got sick of seeing it on my Yelp screen, as a review next. Plus, I still have a couple more weeks and things could go terribly awry in that short amount of time that might down grade them.

I want to say the rating was bumped to a solid five star by the helpfulness and friendliness of the staff. It goes above and beyond anything I have ever experienced in any hotel, in any country. Seriously, they are really on their game here. Most people passing through for a night or two may not get the full magnitude of how customer oriented they are here.

The hotel was updated in 2006, but some age is showing no doubt about that. When we first got here, I had spaced asking for the free upgrade Platinum members get, so they gave me the first floor room I requested, which was a queen room. Small but okay. I was happy my husband remembered to ask me about the upgrade, he thought this was it.

We ran back to the lobby because there were a lot of people checking in behind us, but now the lobby was cleared, that says something since only one girl was working and we were only gone a few minutes to look at the room. She right away asked what room we might like and gave us a choice. We picked the executive suite since we'd be here awhile. I would find out later, these are the largest rooms. We could have picked a jacuzzi room or a fireplace room but they said they are the same small rooms with those things in the corner.

I thought we'd have to jump hotels, as the rates in this area almost double after June 21st due to the Glacier national park and all the fun people want throw at this area. I was sad we'd have to go to the Travelodge up the street, but their rates were not going up to $200 a night from $119. They were staying near the $100 mark. I mentioned this when I went to extend our time here to the 21st and they right away said, we will help you stay here.

No hesitation they just did it. They adjusted a long term rate for us and we were able to stay the full 30 days for less than we'd originally been quoted. Once we totaled what it could have been versus what they saved us, it was over $2,000. The entire time, the front desk was working with management, and everyone was doing all they could to save us money. The only warning was, after our 30 days, they may be sold out, so we need to let them know right away, so they can keep us in our room. Most hotels I checked were indeed sold out the first week of July, so I felt good knowing we were not going to be sleeping in the car.

The breakfast at this Red Lion is included in the price, you can just walk down and do your damage and leave. It is in a unique location, it is on one end of a small shopping mall. The Kalispell Center Mall. It was crazy to walk out and see the standard issued Montana casino and then the Claire's and JC Penny right there. If I were a mall person, we'd be broke.

However, it is a very small shopping mall and it is not crowded until Saturday. They have had a lot of conventions here since we've been here. I told my husband I was slow roasting to death in the room but I would say something the next day, since it was late. He said he was going for ice, but went down to tell them the AC didn't work well. A maintenance guy followed him right to the room. It was still on winter setting and he cleaned the filter. It works great now.

The room is spotless and they are constantly cleaning. I have seen them cleaning and reorganizing the games shelves in the lobby many times in the last week. They have a big flat screen tv hanging down there with comfy leather couches. The rooms do not have upgraded TVs, but the beds are pillow top and comfortable. Which is another reason it was easy to give them a 5 star. I am picky about hotel mattresses.

The gym has a elliptical, treadmill, and stationary bike. There is a water cooler, towels, tv, exercise mats down there with a mirrored wall to remind you, not to do too much damage at the free breakfast buffet that includes meat and made to order omelets.

I have used the pool every day and it has seen better days but I am still alive, so no worries there, I love the pool goes to 8 feet and it overlooks the courtyard.

One of the housekeepers, delivered my school book I had to have shipped to me and knew I had classes. By the end of the second day all the housekeepers asked how my school was going online. They stop and talk to me in the hallway. I have never had a conversation with a housekeeper in a hotel, these people are 'Montana' friendly. They make you feel welcomed here.

Now, all that said, it was a long review sorry about that, but I think they deserve a shout out in a time customer service is lacking.

I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for the third floor executive suite for space.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
I don’t know how or where to start but with a great smile and slight tear in the eye as you have single handedly expressed what we strive to do here. Our goal here at the hotel is to have everyone experience a welcoming comfortable feel and ensure that each guest has a unique tailored experience based on their travels or needs. On behalf of all the associates we thank you for opening yourself to us and sharing such a great review with everyone. If we can ever be of assistance to you remember we are always here for you.

Once again from our Red Lion family to yours…….THANK YOU! :-)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

On march 20 we booked through a third party and were booked at the red lion. If booking through third party it is $10 more to have two queen beds just so you know but after that petty annoyance I was worried everything would be charged or petty. To my surprise things were great. The pool was warm for my children who are under 5. The pool had lifts for those with disabilities. Both in the pool an Hot tub. One indoor hot tub and one outdoor. The room was clean and looked into an atrium. The beds were good and the room had what we needed other than I was unable to connect to wifi via my phone which was annoying. Small children don't leave time to troubleshoot so didn't figure it out. The bathroom was a tiny bit small but livable and the tube TV didn't really bother us. The mall connects to the hotel which is nice . The best part was the breakfast the next morning as there was hash browns, bacon, sausages, cereal, waffles and a cook making eggs and omelettes. Being on a gluten free diet I found lots to eat. This hotel is downtown and central to go anywhere in a relative short drive. We would definitely stay here again. Great value for the money.

• Stayed March 2013
MrTietema, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Hotel Kalispell, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Thank you for your review of our property and it was with great pleasure to read that you were able to take advantage of all the amenities we offer here at the hotel. We do regret the issues with the accommodation fee, but please note that there is a difference in pricing between a standard single Queen accommodation and a room with either a single King or room with two Queen beds. Once again thank you for review and we can’t wait to have you visit us again! :-)
Lethbridge, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

This hotel was a sweet surprise. I truly felt like we found a hidden gem, the staff were so friendly, the rooms were very clean, the alpine decor was easy on the eyes and the breakfast buffet was the best I've had outside of all-inclusive resorts! Indoor and outdoor hot tubs were great after a ski day as was the sauna. My son had a great time in the pool which was kept warm enough and the pool hours were great as well. TV's were the older tube type, but considering everything else I wasn't bothered by it and will happily book there again. Last but not least my wife loved the direct to mall feature as well. You would never know this hotel is physically attached to the end of the mall as you pull up, in fact, you can walk down the hallway and right into the mall, how cool is that!

Room Tip: We were on the first floor are pet friendly. The rooms were exceptionally clean but if you have sev...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the outstanding review and we were very pleased to see that we were able to assist with your family’s great vacation. It is with great pride that we are able to announce that this little gem will be getting some shiny new flat panel tvs, along with some other new changes. Once again thank you for the review and we hope to see you again in the future! :-)

Been to Red Lion Hotel Kalispell? Share your experiences!