“Tired and not clean.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The GuestHouse Inn & Suites And Outlaw Convention Center

You added The GuestHouse Inn & Suites And Outlaw Convention Center to your Saves list
The GuestHouse Inn & Suites And Outlaw Convention Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1701 Highway 93 South, Kalispell, MT 59901 (Formerly The Outlaw Inn)   |
Special Price
15% off any room.
Ranked #21 of 22 Hotels in Kalispell
Edmonton, Canada
“Tired and not clean.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I travel to Kalispell several times a year but have never stayed at this hotel before. I have been warned by several locals not to stay here. I learned that they had done some renovations and decided to give it a try. To be safe I reserved a "King Suite" instead of a regular room. We arrived at the hotel late in the day. The checkin process went well. The room is located on the top (3rd) floor. It appeared that the carpets in the hallways recently installed. A good sign. I was extremely disappointed when I entered the room. The "King" size bed was in really bad shape. The foot end of the bed was higher than the head end and the centre sagged. I would have thought renovations would have started with quest comfort. I found out throughout my stay that this is not the priority. Once I was settled in, I decided to take a shower. I couldn't understand why I couldn't get hot water. I quickly learned that the tap was installed incorrectly and that the blue arrow meant hot and the red arrow meant cold. It doesn't really matter because I would be repeatedly scalded thoughout my shower no matter what I set it to. By the time I got out of the shower it was dark. I had a choice to make. If I wanted the desk lamp to work I would have to either unplug the microwave or the fridge. Had enough of the room and decided to head out on the town. I had a bunch of bags with me when I arrived so I had taken the elevator up. I decided to take the stairs down on the way out. I was shocked by the filth on the wooden stairway to the lobby. I should point out that this is not a back stairwell but the main front lobby stairwell. There was a 1/4 inch of dust, dirt and dead bugs. I'm not really even exaggerating. I assumed that they had swept everything from the halls and floors onto the stairs while they were installing the carpets. I could almost understand that and let it go. We arrived on a Wednesday. It was like that until Friday. We stayed there six days. After 2 days my keys quit working. I was told that after 2 days the keys have to be rte-programmed. Remember, I said guest comfort isn't the priority here. When I finally got a new key card and entered my room, there was absolutely no bedding on my bed. The dirty sheets and spread were piled up on the sofa and nothing else had been done to the room. On my out I asked if Housekeeping had gone for the day. I was told that they had. I explained the condition of my room to the kind fellow at the desk and he seemed as shocked as I was. I returned later that night to find that he had went up and made it himself. Unfortunately, the old sheets and spread were still in a pile in the corner. They remained there for 4 more days. During my six day stay there my room appeared to have been "spot" vacuumed once (I dropped popcorn).

All in all not a great stay. The room was not expensive but I would have paid more to be comfortable.

Room Tip: Don't stay in a King Suite. It is nothing special
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Bozeman, Montana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We can all understand that a hotel needs to be renovated over time but this hotel was completely full and totally understaffed. Management needs to put an appropriate number of staff members on duty to handle demand to registration, breakfast area and other services. Although they had just laid new carpet in all the hallways (which looked great), we could tell that our room hadn't even been vacuumed and there was a stain on the bedspread. When asked to replace the bed spread, they came in the room tossed a bundled up bedspread on the bed and didn't even take the old one.
Pool needs major upgrades also! Bed springs were worn out, need new beds.

This hotel has a long way to go to be competitive again. Pay $20 more and go somewhere else.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has new beds, and close to the registration and the breakfast area. You really...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2015

Have stayed here on and off since Feb. The staff is friendly and accommodating. I can't say the same for housekeeping. But I can thank them for essentially ruining my relationship. My boyfriend found a gas station bag under the bed full of condoms and a travel size container or baby oil. Which my boyfriend thought was mine. The cops are there at least once a day so I wasn't surprised. It's a cheap place to stay for an extended period. But if you're visiting and on vacation, I recommend staying somewhere else for the extra 15-20$ a night. If you left that in room 109.. Thanks a lot

Stayed April 2015
CinthiaR, General Manager at The GuestHouse Inn & Suites And Outlaw Convention Center, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Hmmm, we will start inspecting under the beds a little more closely...
I'm glad integrity ruled in your favor.
Castle Rock, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2015

I usually stay at La Quinta but gave this hotel a try since the price was good. It's a huge hotel and a bit dated. When I arrived, the front desk staff was extremely friendly. I didn't use any of the ameniites (pool, fitness room, breakfast). The room was clean. The bed came up to my knees and I'm not a tall person. I felt like I was sleeping on the floor. The 2 pillows were also very thin. When I checked out, the staff was very friendly again. I would stay again of I had a better bed and fuller pillows.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
CinthiaR, General Manager at The GuestHouse Inn & Suites And Outlaw Convention Center, responded to this review, March 30, 2015
Thanks for giving us a try. Our beds are of normal size and we offer four pillows per queen bed and five pillows per king bed. We will check to see if a room is missing some... Thanks for letting us know.
Spokane Valley, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2015

Very Large hotel, Yes a bit dated, but the rooms were clean, the front lobby was very nice, as they are remodeling, the beds were good, and it was quiet for when i was there, They also kept my card for the hotel file so i will be able to call them when i need a room.
The hotel has a small lounge and Casino( no Resturant tho). I will stay there again, You have alot of things within walking distance

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
CinthiaR, General Manager at The GuestHouse Inn & Suites And Outlaw Convention Center, responded to this review, March 29, 2015
Thank you so much for staying with us. We are remodeling as quick as possible with our rooms completely so far and hallways are current. Next fall, we will remodel the swimming pool room. The old Outlaw is an icon in Kalispell and we are sprucing it up!
Spirit Lake, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2015

Nice to see the update on this hotel. The staff is great. Always there to answer a question. Gave great recommendations on restaurants nearby the hotel. The room was clean, breakfast was included. So glad to see the hotel got a new look. Will stay again

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Spokane Valley, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2015

The remodel on this hotel is a really nice change. The rooms look great. So glad we gave it a try. The staff was so friendly and helpful. The room was clean. We were only passing through and didn't stay long. If ever back in town we will stay again!

Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Been to The GuestHouse Inn & Suites And Outlaw Convention Center? Share your experiences!