You added The GuestHouse Inn & Suites And Outlaw Convention Center to your Saves list
The GuestHouse Inn & Suites And Outlaw Convention Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1701 Highway 93 South, Kalispell, MT 59901 (Formerly The Outlaw Inn)   |
Ranked #19 of 22 Hotels in Kalispell
“a dive”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

After signing that we wouldn't smoke in the room, the first room reeked of smoke. 2nd room not much better and missing the fridge and microwave of the first. Nice bathroom, but the hotel is a dive. Smelly, old run down and a pool area where 2 of the hot tubs are filled in with cement and the third one is cracked and run down. Pictures are lies and must have been edited Heavily.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
CinthiaR, Manager at The GuestHouse Inn & Suites And Outlaw Convention Center, responded to this review, October 1, 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel and thank you for staying with us. We understand that your stay was not the best it could have been and for that we are sorry. Fortunately the hotel is under new ownership and management. We have been renovating the hotel all spring and summer, and as you know this does take time. The rooms are now done and the next phase will be starting this fall, which will include the pool area and the commons areas. We hope you will decide to give us another try next year and see all the improvements that will be done by then.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Bigfork, Montana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I made a reservation for this hotel (an ADA room) a couple of weeks in advance of my visit to Kalispell. When I arrived, I found that I didn't have a room, even though their online reservation system said I did.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
CinthiaR, Manager at The GuestHouse Inn & Suites And Outlaw Convention Center, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
I remember. We had a guest extend their stay therefore the ADA room available. We did accommodate you with a close to the lobby, safety rails and other items necessary. It is a tough situation for us but much more inconvenient for you. So sorry.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Before arriving in Montana I had contacted Guest House Inn & Suites customer services and they assured me that renovations had completed here. When checking in I was told that my room was newly renovated. The only thing that looked new was the TV. Spots, stains and sticky areas on the carpet. Towels are very worn and ratty. Bathroom counter is chipped. Water stains on the ceiling. A large patched dent in the wall. Could not even enjoy the clean Montana air because the window in my room does not open. Constantly have to kill spiders that have found their way into my room. Also housekeeping does not change the sheets on your bed. When I called the front desk to ask why the line just rang and rang. They have coin operated washers and dryers in various locations in the hotel but not a designated laundry room. WiFi is laughable. Do not stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Hmmm. All of our granite counter tops are brand new and it is difficult to get a chip in them. All rooms are freshly painted, and carpet is within three months old. We make everyone's bed each day, however due to water conservation, we do not change sheets but every two days. Most people appreciate this. If you would like your sheets changed each day, please call the front desk and we can get this taken care of.
Missoula, Montana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights. The positive is rooms were clean. They have monthly rentals on this property and safety and security is a concern. A contractor and his employees stayed here for the week and he told us he had materials taken and an employee had his vehicle broken into a his guitar stolen. Entrance doors do not lock so anyone can enter the buildings and roam the corridors. Pool is located in an annexed portion of the motel and it was very dirty and adjacent to rooms that are rented out on a monthly basis. We had to initial when we checked that we did not have dogs or smoked. Corridor smell of cigarette smoke. Sunday on checkout understood why, one of the monthly tenants was walking his dog and smoking down the halls. Our room didn't get clean and when we came back later that evening I asked if house cleaning could bring us clean towels and the desk stated I needed to come and get them at the front desk. From the line of guest at the front when I went to pick up the towels they were having issues as well, I don't think it was isolated incident. I would never stay with children due with safety security issue.

Room Tip: Do not stay in rooms closest to the pool. That building and the northern most building are monthly r...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Saskatoon, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Don't even waste your time here. The hotel was very dirty in the halls and rooms. We had to stay one night because we came in late and couldn't get out of there fast enough.

Drive the 15 minutes to Whitefish and for the same price or lower you can stay at the Chalet Motel right on the highway #93. It's clean and friendly people working there.

Room Tip: Anywhere but here... Blah.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the night you spent with us, and we are sorry that we did not meet your standards. During the time of your stay we were in the middle of remodeling the rooms and apologize for the hotel not being in its best shape. The remodeling is a process that will be finalized by this Fall, and we would like to see your return so you can see all that we have accomplished.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Upon checking in on Friday, the hotel was Very busy! Karen and Cory helped check me in and they were so professional from all the other hotel that I have stayed at in a long time and I travel for work 1 month at a time with different hotels every night! Karen was so informative of the area attractions and so help full that I cant even say enough! Cory is so Professional and will help with anything you need. The hotel does need some work BUT it does seem like they are trying really hard to clean it up an remodel. It take time so please give them credit for that! Beds were very comfortable that I didn't even want to get up and go to the Park on Sat but I did and its only 35 miles away! Best price in town unless you want to pay a lot for Hilton or pay cheap and stay at any other MOTEL in town. Thanks to everyone! I will be back when in the area for work again!

Room Tip: just ask when making a reservation that you get a room that has been up graded! That's all
Spokane, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

When you arrive in Kalispell late on a Friday night in June it can be hard to even find a room. If you do find one it's even harder to find one for less than $100.00 a night. We arrived late one June night and couldn't find a room anywhere. We happened on the Outlaw and got an $89.00 room. Yeah its old and appears to cater to the trades people in need of a room,. Our room was pretty clean, very large and it appeared to not had been occupied for a while. We we first turned on the watter the lines had air in them and spit for a bit. The show and tub combo worked fine after that. The bed was a king and ok, not great but I've had worse nights on lots more expensive room beds. Would I go here on a normal basis? Yeah, if I arrived on a weekend night and needed a basic room in Kalispell.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
CinthiaR, General Manager at The GuestHouse Inn & Suites And Outlaw Convention Center, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Thanks for trying us out. Our room renovations are completed. Additional renovations are scheduled for this Fall. This hotel has great potential, just needs a little sprucing up.

Been to The GuestHouse Inn & Suites And Outlaw Convention Center? Share your experiences!