“Needs some serious updating!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The GuestHouse Inn & Suites And Outlaw Convention Center

Save Saved
You added The GuestHouse Inn & Suites And Outlaw Convention Center to your Saves list
The GuestHouse Inn & Suites And Outlaw Convention Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1701 Highway 93 South, Kalispell, MT 59901 (Formerly The Outlaw Inn)   |
Ranked #21 of 22 hotels in Kalispell
“Needs some serious updating!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

The Outlaw has seen better days - roughly 40 years ago. The entire facility needs a major renovation to be worth $100 a night. I haven't seen a tube tv in a hotel room in at least five years. The rooms are large and if the owner made improvements if could be a nice place. On the bright side, the staff was wonderful and provided prompt assistance.

• Stayed July 2013

174 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Red Deer, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

The front desk was very helpful at check in. The breakfast was fine.
The place smelled bad.
The carpets were worn right threw.
The bath rooms were disgusting.....
The rooms were dirty and dingy.
The pool deck was make of concrete and 1 inch stones so was impossible to keep clean.
I would not recommend.

• Stayed July 2013
bopzeman, mt
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

It's hard to know where to begin. When we entered the exterior door to go to our room, it was propped open by a rock. (It should be closed and only opened by a room key) We discovered why. Upon entering the hallway, a strong pet urine smell lingered. Our room smelled very stale and smelled odd. Upon entering the bathroom, we discovered a long hair and several pubic hairs, on the floor, in the shower and on top of the toilet; obviously, who ever cleaned the room, used the same cloth on the toilet, on the floor and to "clean" the inside of the shower, very unhygienic! There was some kind of exposed water lines running behind the toilet, old water stains on the bottom exterior of the tub, and a large crack in the linoleum. When standing in the shower the bottom of the tub creaked in several places possibly due to rotting floor underneath. Oh and the floating toilet was held up by a block of wood at the base! The carpet in the bedroom and outside the bathroom was dirty, smelly and very stained. We decided to explore the pool area. We entered the hallway outside the pool area and it smelled like a combination of old cheese, smelly feet and like someone had vomited on the floor. Needless to say, we decided not to take a swim in the pool afraid that the the pool would be just as hygienic. Even though breakfast was part of the room, we decided to skip it. If the rooms were the same standard as the breakfast, we would rather not risk it.
When we checked out in the morning we were "greeted" by an indifferent clerk who looked annoyed that I had approached the desk and proceeded to wipe his nose with the back of his hand while attempting to check us out. He then asked the general manager to check us out who was standing next to him. We mentioned how unclean and unhygienic the bathroom was and mentioned that there was pubic hair in the bathroom, she just laughed & couldn't have cared less. We paid $138 for a room that should have barely been $40. Steer clear of this dump!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
CinthiaR, General Manager at The GuestHouse Inn & Suites And Outlaw Convention Center, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Geez, can it get any worse. We will look at the room you checked into and see if this room just needs to be put out of order until it gets a total renovation. Thanks.
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

My stay at the Outlaw Inn was not by choice, I had read all the reviews online and if it wasn't for my child I would have slept in the car in Walmart Parking lot.
Checking in was a nightmare, it was a busy night and huge line and only one person working the Front Desk. You could tell she was frustrated having to check so many people in by herself and answering the phone among various other things. It took 25 minutes just to get checked in.
When I got to the room it was clean but dated. The room was stocked with only two bath towels and when I called the front desk requesting more Angela who answered the phone said she would get them to my room as soon as possible. She never did give me a time frame. I finally went down to the Front Desk to get some towels and told they were out and she had to go and get some more. At this point I just gave up.
The bright side of the stay was they did have a shuttle service and the gentlemen who was on shift made sure everything was arranged and even verified that we were set. I mentioned the bath towels to him and within 5 minutes he had them at our door. He apologized for us not getting them sooner and explained that Angela was doing the work of two people and is usually the best customer service person at the hotel.
I don’t know how the gentlemen knew but as we were leaving our room the Asian gentlemen I never did get his name was at our door to help us take our luggage to the lobby. Since I was dealing with an infant that was a life saver.
I have very mixed reviews of the hotel, while some of the staff seems to have given up other members will bend over backwards for you. I was told that it is under new ownership and it is going to improve but it is a work in progress. Thanks to the gentlemen who helped me out so much I would give The Outlaw Inn one more chance, but just one more chance.
Linda

Room Tip: Room # 140 was nice and quier
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for commenting on Cory's exceptional guest service. All of our agents enjoy delivering that level of service when they have time. Your check-in resulted as a sick employee calling in and leaving one to fend for themselves. It's tough when the unexpected happens. We are definitely worth a 2nd chance. The next time you come back, you will see some changes.
Sioux Falls, SD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I give my review of the Outlaw Hotel in Kalispell, Montana with great excitement. My wife and I were looking for a great hotel for a good rate in the Glacier Park region and did we ever find one. The rates were super. The rooms were huge. The staff the most friendly one can want. The location super. We had a room on top floor facing the mountains to the east of Kalispell and what an awesome view. Big windows for great views. I highly recommend this hotel. A great place.

Room Tip: We chose top floor facing the mountains to the east of town. Has an elevator. Has many ammenities.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for leaving a positive review. We have about 80-100 guests check in and stay with us and only the 1 percent that do not like us actually leave a comment. The rest of the 99% who enjoyed their stay are too busy. Thanks!
Burlington, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We knew from the reviews that the hotel may be substandard but I booked it for one night anyway using rewards miles. My wife asked me to check for bed bugs and when I pulled back the bedding there was a computer mouse sitting on the bottom sheet. This would indicate that the bedding hadn't been changed from the last guest. Gross!!! We took a chance and slept in the adjoining queen.On the bright side, there were no bed bugs.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. They even called after we checked out to let us know we left our mouse in the room. After I explained the situation the clerk said "Oh, okay, well thank you" and hung up :) The pool was very nice. I think if I had paid cash for the room I would have been getting a refund and moving on down the road.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review. It gives us a chance to see what our next step is. I am so glad you were treated with respectful and our front desk staff was helpful. I love to serve our guests.
Great Falls, Montana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

The hotel is old, So don't expect much. The staff was friendly and helpful, however, the motel was pretty stinky...i mean the hallway stunk and had to light a candle in our room. The room was just marignally clean and the pillows were AWFUL! The "breakfast" was a complete joke. Won't be staying there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Good news - we just added Hot Waffles, hard boiled eggs, yogurt and fruit to our breakfast so people can walk away more satisfied. We did receive new pillows a couple weeks ago for a more comfortable night stay.

Been to The GuestHouse Inn & Suites And Outlaw Convention Center? Share your experiences!