“One of the nicest Holiday Inns I have stayed at” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Kalispell
The Villages, Florida
“One of the nicest Holiday Inns I have stayed at”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Instead of singling out one person, I would like to say that almost all the personnel we had interaction with were great from check in, to breakfast, to dinners, to front desk to housekeeping. Everyone went out of their way to be helpful. I will, however, mention some of the individuals specifically:
"Sammy" at the front desk was outstanding - she deserves our kudos. Also at the front desk McKenzie, Haily and Debbie (check in) were extremely helpful too. The housekeeping staff that worked over the week we were here were also wonderful. I did not get all their names, but Jennifer stood out and all the others were very accommodating.

We also appreciated the breakfast people who tried to accommodate our early morning schedules by having food available prior to the start time. Appreciated having the exercise room open 24 hrs a day as well as the pool. It was also nice to have access to the computers, etc. only available to adults and that children under 18? needed to have parents with them and that access to this room required us of your room key.

Finally, we did not bring our animals, but are happy that you accept them at this hotel and especially liked the hotel mascots.

Thanks again for a great stay, great hospitality, etc. You have done something right with your hiring procedures and screening to have such a great staff. You are to be commended.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
BrandonPeterson, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kalispell, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a great review! I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed yourself during your stay and that the ENTIRE staff impressed you! It's great you were able to take advantage of some of our great amenities while you were here at the hotel. Thank you so much again for choosing us and we look forward to seeing you on your next stay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

My wife and I stayed three nights along with 74 of our friends. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff were friendly and met every request we had. The complimentary food was tasty, with a good variety. (A special thanks to Armida!) The location was a good jumping-off point for our sight-seeing. The only issue was the contruction on adjacent property...but it won't last forever.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
BrandonPeterson, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kalispell, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review! I'm glad to hear you got to enjoy yourself while you were in Kalispell and you enjoyed your stay! Unfortunately the construction is something that is out of our control, but it will be nice to have the Cabela's so close when it is done in early October. Thanks again for choosing us and we look forward to impressing you next time!
Gurnee, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

My family went to Kalispell the last week of July 2013. We had made reservations at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites and were looking forward to staying there....room was big enough for my wife and I and our 3 kids, plus close to restaurants and shops, and not too far from Glacier National Park. We checked in on the afternoon of July 29, 2013, unpacked and then headed out for dinner and to see a little bit of Kalispell. We returned around 8:30 pm and the kids wanted to go swimming. So our oldest son went to the bathroom to change and we heard a yell saying that there were bugs all over the sink and in the tub (we went in and saw them). My wife was laying something down on the beds and noticed bugs crawling all over the pillows. That was it. We weren't going to stay there. So we located another hotel for our 4 night stay.

In the process, I pulled up TripAdvisor and noticed that recent comments from others who had stayed at the Holiday Inn indicated that the bug problem existed during at least as far back as the week of July 4th. Did anyone mention a bug problem when we checked in? Nope. Now, they were understanding when we said we weren't going to stay in a room with bugs. But, based on the comments from Hotel Management on TripAdvisor, it appears they were aware of the issue when we checked in. However, we weren't told about it and had to discover it on our own. So we learned a valuable lesson, even if you use TripAdvisor to make an advanced reservation, go back and check recent comments just before your stay to see if there are any issues and then ask about those when you check in. It's a shame too, because it did look like a nice family-friendly hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
BrandonPeterson, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kalispell, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us. I do apologize about the issues you had during your stay involving the springtails. Its an issue we have had all summer, but recently in the past few weeks has almost vanished completely. We went through some struggles with finding out what they were (turns out they are harmless bugs called springtails which come from the field which is located behind us). We went through 3 different pest companies before we were able to find a solution. But once we did, we have had almost no more bugs in almost a month. We are already taking steps to make sure this doesn't happen again next summer so I do hope if you are in the area again that you give us another shot! Please email me directly if you would like to discuss this further! bpeterson@impressguest.com
Crawfordville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed at the HI Express in Kalispell on our way to Glacier. The staff was very nice. Breakfast was good. The room was beautiful and comfortable. I saw several travelers with pets, but there was no pet smell. The location was good for us. Since we were camping on much of our vacation, the laundry room was a lifesaver. I was very happy with our choice and would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the great review! I'm so happy to hear you had a pleasant experience with us and enjoyed some of our great amenities! Thank you so much again for choosing us and giving us a rave review. We look forward to impressing you next time!
Pitman, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

My husband, daughter and I stayed in the Kalispell Holiday Inn Express from August 4th to August 9th. We had a suite with a king size bed and a pull out sofa. The room was beautiful and spacious and very clean. The staff was friendly.
Unfortunately there were some issues that can not be ignored.

There is construction work taking place all around the hotel that we had to drive through to get into the parking lot. In addition to the inconvenience, unsightliness and dust, the work being done included compaction vibrating rollers that began very early in the morning. Not only did it vibrate everything in the building (glass lampshades), but we could feel the vibration as well coming up through the floor. It seemed to affect our inner ears and even our eyes that resulted in a sick vertigo sensation. There was nothing that we could do about it of course except get out of the building. We understand that this was not the hotels fault and that they were the ones who were suffering the most because they had to put up with it the most. Cumulatively though, this was a problem and we would have chosen another hotel if we had known.

The first night we noticed a bad smell in the kitchenette area and sniffed around looking for the source. Our days were long as we tried to fit many things in and we would arrive back at the hotel room too exhausted to do anything about it. Each night we continued to smell the foul odor and it occurred to us that it must be a water tray under or behind the refrigerator. The next morning (the day before we left) I made a note to housekeeping informing them of the odor and asking them to please check the refrigerator water tray. When we returned to the room at 11:30 that night we were overwhelmed with cleaning product fumes. We had no choice but to thank them for cleaning the mess but then had to ask for another room because the fumes made the room uninhabitable. The workers at the desk were friendly, courteous and extremely efficient at getting us into another room.

The one thing that we can not excuse is that the day that the housekeeping staff cleaned up the odor was the day that my one pair of Lucky Brand bluejeans was taken from my drawer in the room. I searched all my belongings, my husbands and my daughters and when we repacked our van we searched that too. The jeans were in the drawer the morning of Thursday the 8th when I held them in my hand and chose not to wear them on the fishing boat that day thinking they might be too warm. I also remember wishing that I had not brought them because they were too bulky and my suitcase already too cumbersome. We spoke with the manager Brandon Peterson who was polite and said he would investigate the matter and call us.
I was willing to believe that somehow I must have imagined that I brought the jeans at all but of course when we returned home they were not there either. I would have liked to ignore this and not let it stain our vacation but someone went in my drawer, rooted through my things and simply took something of value that did not belong to them. It’s been a week now that I have not heard from Brandon Peterson so I called him. He said he talked to everyone, that staff has their belongings searched everyday before they leave and that the person who cleaned the room that day has been with them a long time. I told him that I would like the matter to be dealt with as a crime but he told me nothing could be done because nothing could be proved.
In summation; the hotel is beautiful but I wouldn’t even consider going until the construction is complete. The staff is friendly and accommodating but their manager Brandon Peterson is helpless if you actually need him. Most importantly there is at least one thief on staff who has access to your room and if they decide after going through your belongings to take something nothing will be done about it.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. I do apologize once again about the construction going on around our hotel. They are building onto the US 93 Bypass and unfortunately it is during our peak season. The construction should be done within the next few months. In regards to the pair of jeans missing, I have spoken numerous times with the housekeeper who cleaned your room and the head housekeeper about the matter. We have never had an issue with theft at this hotel, and there are various procedures in place that would make it very difficult for something to be taken out of the hotel, especially something like a pair of jeans. Employees are not allowed to bring bags into work, are required to park in specific areas not by exits, and also must clock out after each shift, which is located in our back office where they are seen by numerous other employees. With these procedures in place, and a great history of no theft, I can say with complete confidence that our housekeepers are not stealing items. I would really love to have you give us another shot, so please contact me personally if you are in this area in the future!
Havre, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

This is my 2nd stay at this Motel and was not disappointed, my room was very clean and all fixtures worked. Bed was very comfortable. Room was a king size bedroom with large sitting room. The breakfast bar was well stocked and had a good lay-out, although the 2-days that I was there the Pancake machine did not work. All of the staff that I encountered was very friendly & helpful. It is located in a new devolpment area, and for now no real close eating places? Will stay here again when in town on business.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the great review! I'm so glad you were able to take advantage of our great amenities here at the hotel! I do apologize about the pancake machine; it has been a source of trouble for us this summer as we have already gone through 3 of them. At the moment it is up and running though! Thanks again for choosing us and we look forward to impressing you next time!
Moose, Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I recently stayed here during the Event at Rebecca Farms. I was traveling with a new puppy, and the staff were very friendly and welcoming. The room was very comfortable and clean, and there was a good "potty area" for the pup. I should have requested a room that had an outside entrance (there are a few there that do), or that was closer to the entrance, but that was my own failing. (I didn't anticipate how often the pup needed to go out that first night!). Because it is peak season in Kalispell, and I am sure due to the equestrian event, the room was rather pricey, but I was lucky to get a room at that time. Overall, I was pleased.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for the great review! I'm happy to hear you were taken care of during your stay and you enjoyed yourself. On your next trip, please don't hesitate to call and request specific room types, etc so we can get you all set up! Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you next time!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kalispell? Share your experiences!