“Another great stay for our group” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 22 hotels in Kalispell
Washington State
“Another great stay for our group”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

As the trip organizer and a chaperone for our High School band from Spokane, I am extremely happy with the excellent service we received, from planning to arrival. We were able to book a block of rooms for our group of 32 a month in advance at a competitive group rate and had all of our questions and concerns handled efficiently. When we arrived after a long day at 9:30 p.m., we were thrilled to find out that the hotel was able to arrange our rooms all together in the same hallway. Made it so convenient for the chaperones! The part I appreciated the most were all the keys were ready to go in packets, labeled with everyone's name, including a copy of the room assignments for each chaperone. We were quickly able to hand out the keys and get everyone to their rooms in a matter of minutes. That was totally cool! This hotel is great for groups for several reasons - it is located at the north end of town where there is easy access and ample room for bus parking, a good selection of restaurants and fast food close by (McDonalds, Applebees, 5 Guys, Hu Hot, etc) and a Starbucks within walking distance on the same street. The hotel has a very comfortable lobby with a chess table and board games available, very large eating area for breakfast, and a nice pool which was a huge hit with our high school group. Rooms are very nicely appointed with a large bathroom counter, good quality shower, fridge and microwave. Beds are comfortable with lots of extra pillows. And the staff was very helpful. Breakfast was great to get the kids fed and out the door each morning in one piece. Our only suggestion for improvement, which is minor compared to all the great service we received, is some adults felt the quality of the hot breakfast items (egg, biscuit, sausage, etc) were mediocre - have had better quality hot items at other locations. But, there was ample juice, bagels, fruit, cereal, yogurt etc. to get everyone fed and happy, and that was perfect. Thank you for making our trip with these kids a fun and pleasant experience. Will definitely stay here again if we make another trip to Kalispell!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
BrandonPeterson, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kalispell, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of your most recent stay! We are so happy your group decided to choose our hotel, we were more than happy to accommodate you! I'm glad to hear our staff was more than prepared for you and gave you some great service. Thank you so much again for choosing us and we look forward to impressing you next time you are in town!!

244 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Lethbridge, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

This Hotel is in a great location if you are there to shop, as it is in the middle of everything and still close to Whitefish. The staff are friendly and helpful and even put out cookies and milk in the evening. The breakfast is pretty good but just can't get around biscuits and gravy in the am? We stay here quite a bit when we go to Kalispell and will continue.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
BrandonPeterson, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kalispell, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time for your review! I am glad our staff treated you well and you enjoyed yourself! I'm sorry the breakfast selection wasn't what you had wanted. For your next stay if you want to contact me personally, I can see about getting something extra special for you for your breakfast! Thank you so much for coming back and seeing us, and we look forward to impressing you next time! Contact me at bpeterson@impressguest.com
Darby, Montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I got a room over the dining area and with the paper thin walls I had the fun of listening to the constant drone of the music from down stairs. It was also nice to have the smoke from the grill in the room ( nice watery eyes for the stay ) Next time I will make sure I request a room at the other end of the building.

Room Tip: Do not get the rooms at the end of the lobby/entrance you will get to listen to the activities in th...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
BrandonPeterson, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kalispell, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
First off I want to say thank you very much for your review. I know how time consuming it can be and we appreciate you taking the time for us! I do apologize about the noise and smoke coming into your room the evening you were here. We were having a "Business After Hours" from 5pm-7pm which we hold once a year, inviting various businesses and members from the community. We wish you could've come down and enjoyed some of the barbeque food, drinks and live music with everyone! I do hope you give us another shot, as that is not a typical evening for us (as we hold the event once a year). We can make sure you are on the top floor at the end of the hall that way the room is nice and quiet for you. We hope to see you again and email me if you want to discuss further! bpeterson@impressguest.com
Eureka, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Another excellent stay in Kalispell. We were in town for the Rodeo (the rodeo arena is right down the road), Wife loves to stay here so she can visit with Ginger (the hotel dog). I enjoy seeing Ginger when we're in town too. The staff here always seem to try just a little harder which is a rare thing in the hotel industry. Cookies were warm in the evening as usual. Can't say anything bad about this HIX, I always enjoy staying here. Platinum members note, I always get an upgrade here but I have never stayed when it's been extremely busy.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
BrandonPeterson, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kalispell, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us! I am glad you had an enjoyable stay and are one of our repeat guests! We appreciate your loyalty and repeat business. It's good to hear Ginger is working hard at impressing our guests just as much as the rest of our staff! I will make sure to give her some extra treats for doing a job well done :) Thanks again for the review and we look forward to impressing you next time!
Blackfalds, Alberta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The Staff here are so friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and the bed was comfy. The only problem we had was the rooms are not very sound proof, you could hear the guest above our room walking around and the kids running down the hall and the neighbor beside us having a shower. The location is good. And the pool is open until midnight.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
BrandonPeterson, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kalispell, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! I'm glad that you enjoyed our staff and our rooms! We do have a great group of people here! I do sincerely apologize about the noise issues you had. We would love to see you again and we can put you up on a higher floor where hopefully you won't have those issues again! Please email me directly if you'd like to chat more about this and we look forward to impressing you again! bpeterson@impressguest.com
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Spent 2 nights as we were skiing at Whitefish. Staff were great with recommendations of the area and small room requests. They have a nice pool and a decent breakfast too. The hotel is situated well for Canadians doing any cross border shopping as it is close to all the box stores including Costco. The only con is that the walls were a bit thin.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
BrandonPeterson, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kalispell, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you so much for the review! I'm so glad to hear that you had a great trip and that our staff was acommodating to you and your family. We definetely love having the CostCo so close as it helps with our travelers who are here to shop! I do apologize about the noise level--on your next stay please call ahead and we can make sure we put you up high and in a corner where the noise level is hopefully at a lower level! Thanks again and we look forward to impressing you next time!!
alberta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I just checked in a couple of hours ago. I made the reservation over a month ago and called a week ago to confirm that they would have a crib for my 5 month old son. I was told that they don't reserve, but not to worry they never run out so I would be fine, it would be waiting for me in my room.

When I checked in I was told that it was all set up in my room, show up to my room and no crib. Back to the front desk... They are all out of cribs, but they can set up an inflatable mattress! So off to target to buy another playpen/crib... I already have two at home but didn't pack it to save room in the car, in large part because I was told that it was a given that they would have a playpen for me to use.

I know it is my fault at the end of the day, I should have just packed my own and be done with it, but I'm a little peeved that I was told " we never run out" when it would have been more prudent to say that it was first come first serve and it was a busy weekend.

Other than this the hotel seems nice enough and the location for shopping is excellent.

Room Tip: Suites are the way to go. Pack your playpen,
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
BrandonPeterson, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kalispell, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
First off I want to say thank you for taking the time to review us. Whether it's good or bad, we always like to hear a guests review. I am personally very sorry for how this situation was handled involving your crib. I know how frustrating things like this can be especially when traveling. If you would like to contact me at bpeterson@impressguest.com I would like to further discuss this with you! I look forward to hearing from you!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kalispell? Share your experiences!