“Hope they honor your reservation” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Kalispell
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Seattle, Washington
“Hope they honor your reservation”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I showed up with a confirmed reservation to be told " we dont have a king room...here's a 2 queen." But i reserved a King room. My husand is 6'5" and a queen room is not an option fo rus. "Well, then we can put you in a king room, but there's one with no hear, and the other with no TV" It was 10:30 pm, so we took no TV and went to bed.
Clearly the situation was not ideal, not what we reserved, and handled ina pretty cavalier/uncaring manner. Wasn't it possible for the working TV to be relocated to one room, so that only 1 room was "unusabble", especially knowing that there was a reservation coming in for that room??
The staff made little effort to accomodate or care that we were inconvenienced. Even during check out the next morning, I had to request a receipt, and saw that we were charged full price ($189), for a room without the amenities, and that we had to fight for. Worse was the fact that all through the hotel are signs "satisfactionguaranteed". It was clear that we were not satisfied with not only the check in staff, but at check out as well. I reached out to the "Guest Services" department for assistance that night...and now 6 days later I still have not received a response. NOT what I expect from the Hilton.....very disappointed.

Room Tip: I"m sure most of the rooms are nice, it is a quality hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Chris W, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Kalispell, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
I apologize for the delay in following back up through tripadvisor, you will recall our verbal communication although that also was a bit delayed..no excuse. As we discussed I followed up with our team so that we insure this kind of situation does not occur again. I appreciate you allowing me to make it up to you although it was after the fact and certainly does not forgive the circumstance.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
effingha,m, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

A quality structure and an exemplar staff. Worth the stay if you have to be away from home. Everything was clean and comfortable. I was not disturbed by extraneous noise. The staff was extremely polite, friendly, and helpful in all the small and the large details.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I am glad to hear how well your stay was we sure appreciate the feedback and the team will be pleased to hear how we are doing.
houston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

we came in very late to check in and it was expedited by the concierge at the desk. our room was close to the elevator and it was easy to park. we fell into bed and slept like rocks. comfortable beds. breakfast was also quick and good. i would definitely stay there again

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your experience, I am glad to hear everything went well.
Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great looking place but the walls are like paper so don't plan on getting much sleep. Breakfast was a joke too...way too expensive for limited offerings of pre-made food. Not so impressive staff either. Spend your money elsewhere and you'll probably end up being happier.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris W, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Kalispell, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience, it's feedback such as yours that allows us to work together better as a team to ensure our guests have an excellent experience. We sure hope that you will give us another opportunity so we can show you the service and product we offer as excellent 9 out of 10 times.
montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Have stayed here many times with my grandchildren. They especially like the pool and hot tub. I especially like the quality of the rooms, the cleanliness and the friendly staff. Reservations are always handled correctly and the counter staff seems genuinely glad to see you. I see no reason to try anywhere else in Kalispell.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
I am glad to hear how great your experiences have been while staying with, being that you have stayed several times. That's a great compliment to our team, they will be glad to hear this as they strive to provide consistent excellent service. We sure appreciate your loyalty and look forward to seeing you again.
ROCKY VIEW, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Spacious, clean, great staff and comfy beds. Accessible room had 2 queen beds where most have only one. The bathroom was very spacious with great bathtub bars and seat. Room was quiet even though hotel was quite busy.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you taking the time to share your experience and for choosing to stay at our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, please keep us in mind when returning to the Flathead Valley.
Campbellsville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

I admit I didn't expect the room to be as nice as it was. I've stayed in many hotels on business trips and I found this one to be very comfortable and clean. My only complaint would be that there is no complimentary hot breakfast, when it was noted on the website. Would stay here again on my next trip to Kalispell.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your experience, I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. If you choose to stay with us again which we hope you will, I recommend the Bed and Breakfast package which includes the full cooked to order breakfast for a minimal up charge to the room of $3.00 per person which saves you roughly $7.00 per person when purchasing breakfast separately. Unfortunately the Hilton Garden Inn brand does not allow a free continental breakfast as it crosses the line of other Hilton brands.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Kalispell? Share your experiences!