“Got bleach?” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Kalispell
Pensacola, Florida
“Got bleach?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Let me start with the good. The gentleman attending the desk was very polite and hospitable. The room had a flat screen tv. The bathroom was clean and appeared to have been updated. The towels were fresh and new. This is where the good ends.

The chairs in the room were filthy. Not just worn but disgusting. The sheets were just as disgusting in my opinion. They were dingy and worn. The room had two queen beds. One of those was sagging so bad in the middle it could not be used. The pillowcases were dingy to match the sheets and at least one of those looked to have been left dirty from the previous guest. I gave this Econolodge a try since we were using points. However, it was a good reminder why I usually avoid them.

I can't comment on the breakfast because I refused to eat anything there since our room was so worn and dirty feeling.

I need to add this, I don't really blame the housekeeper. Housekeeping can only use the linens that they are supplied with. Since the bathroom was clean and the room was not dusty (I always wipe things down with Clorox wipes) I don't think housekeeping is the blame.

Mr. Manager, Please use bleach or buy new sheets. It puts a negative out there when the sheets look filthy. The filth outweighs anything else that is good in a room!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Just stayed one night, but the price at $66.00 for a two queen room in the early evening seemed quite fair, compared to over a hundred in other places. The room was average, but nice and clean. It had a coffee maker, TV, hair dryer, etc. We stayed on the top floor, as I detest overhead noise/walking. It was a gem in that regard. No noise or anything below or beside us. We ordered Pizza Hut to the room, as there was nothing real close within walking distance that I recall. My only disappointment was the casino was closed for remodeling! The breakfast was your general yogurt, pastries, coffee, some fruit, juice....standard, but again adequate, and the eating area in the lobby was very tidy and clean. The room was non-smoking, and we had zero lingering cigarette odor, unlike others. There was a slight funky smell that I believe might have been a cleaning product, but it dissipated after about ten minutes of airing the room. Perfectly fine for a one-night stay. The front desk gal was helpful and courteous. I'd stay again.

Room Tip: Top floor if you don't want noise. Bottom if you are physically challenged...there are no eleva...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Estevan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The room was rustic, clean and adequate. Our stay was for 1 nite and everything was fine. Not priced on the high end, as it was an economy type accomodation. Enjoyed checking in. The fellow at the desk was friendly and fun to talk to. It was next door to a very good Mexican restaurant. I'd stay there again, but my wife might have something to say about that. The complimentary breakfast was very small. Basically a muffin or bagel and coffee, but what do you expect for $89.00 US.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Free breakfast which they had ready early. Helpful staff on check in. They had rags available for our bikes. The rooms smell a little funky which I've noticed in hotels near large bodies of water. Maybe it's just a coincidence. Good value for the money. Parking for our trailer was convenient in the center parking area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Great Falls, Montana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We were there August 2, 2013. We were told we were in a nonsmoking room, but as soon as I opened the door it smelt like I was in a smoky bar. It was so bad. And there was a burn hole in the comforter. Our friends room was just as bad. There were also big ashtrays all over outside the hotel doors (on the balcony) and it was even smoky outside. I would never stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Victoria,Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

If exploring Glacier in July or August, book ahead. We paid too much for this motel on our first night as we could only get a jacuzzi suite and other hotels were full. The subsequent nights were more reasonable.
Our rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff was very nice. The laundry room was a bit dirty but we were glad to have it.
The breakfast was barely adequate. The coffee machine was not working and the cereals (and donuts) were the cheapest possible. However, there was fruit, yogurt and toast and bagels. Eggs and better cereals would help.
There is a good Mexican restaurant next door and a good grocery/supermarket within walking distance.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Holland, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This hotel is on the main highway and located in a good place. The advertise casino attached to it is closed. There was a Mexican restaurant Within walking distance. The check-in process was quick since all the keys were premade and laying on the counter. It took me about 30 seconds to check in. The person at the counter was very friendly, energizing, and helpful. She knew quite a bit about glacier national Park and became my tour guide for about five minutes. The room was good size, the bathroom was very tiny, under the clothes rack was a counter which was very convenient for putting all my luggage in one place within easy reach. I could not get the curtain to stay shut so I pushed the table up against it. The guy at the checkout counter in the morning acted like he would rather not be talking to anybody. It seemed I was interrupting them on something and he was not pleased with that. The room was somewhat dated and tired looking. It did have a flatscreen TV. The breakfast was on the low end of Continental breakfast at budget hotels.

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same size. If you only need one bed, pick a room with one queen size bed. Thos...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Been to Econo Lodge Kalispell? Share your experiences!