“Good food, slow service” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Folsom
“Good food, slow service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

While visiting Glacier National Park with friends, my son wanted to celebrate his 17th birthday at a Japanese Restaurant, which is limited around Kalispell/Columbia Falls/Whitefish area. We were happy to find Genki. The food and portion sizes were good, and it was reasonably priced. Everyone found something they liked. Lunch was served on ceramic, fish shaped platters. The katsu-domburi was also served this way...first time not served in a bowl.
But the service was terrible! They had 1 waitress for, I think may be 2 or 3 other tables. May be she was new, but we spent 2 1/2hrs in the restaurant for lunch. Way too long!
If you have lots of time, the food is worth the wait...but expect the service to take forever.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Excellent Japanese Food at a Reasonable Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

We picked this restaurant at random after a long day on the road. We ordered a tempura combo. Superbly made with fresh ingredients. Attentive service added to our positive experience.

Visited June 2012
Helena, Montana
“Good Food, but poor service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

I saw this restaurant in the phone book and was excited to visit since it looked like a better class Asian restaurant. So after I arrived it was over 5 minutes before a waitress even came to the table to offer something to drink. No specials were mentioned, I guess it was a special on sushi that night, too bad, I would have liked to know that. If it was not for the food being pretty darn good this restaurant would be getting a poor rating. But the food was delicious; however, they over use the onions and not enough vegetables in their kung pao chicken. It took forever to get the check, the waitress never came back and asked for refills on water. I finally had to ask for my own box for the leftovers and took the check to the front. So I have mixed reviews about this place, the food is great, but the service sucks. This could be a top notch restaurant with more pleasant and expedious waitress staff. Also judging from how busy it was, more help could be helpful.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kalispell, Montana
“My Japanese Friends All Warned me Away”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

But I keep going back in hopes something will change. It really doesn't taste Japanese.

Kalispell, Montana, United States
“Love this food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

I really enjoy their sesame chicken.. Best in Kalispell.

Visited December 2011