“Basic Accommodation but Amazing Service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Kalispell

You added Motel 6 Kalispell to your Saves list
Motel 6 Kalispell
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1540 Highway 93 South, US Highway 2 at US Highway 93, Kalispell, MT 59901   |
Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Kalispell
North Carolina
“Basic Accommodation but Amazing Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I stayed here for one night at the end of my trip to Glacier National Park. Kalispell lodging in the summer can get very pricey, and after a week of camping, I just needed a decent, inexpensive place to clean up, prepare for my flight, and get some sleep. Motel 6 fit the bill.

The room was small and basic, but clean. The TV was small and old, but had a good selection of channels. My room was in the front of the complex, so I did experience some traffic noise from Hwy 93; but it did not interfere with sleeping. The water in the shower was hot. The wifi signal was strong ($3).

The motel is on the south end of town, just past the small downtown area before you leave town. There are several gas stations, a Subway, a Mexican restaurant, and a City Brew Coffee in walking distance.

I did get the most remarkable and unexpected service. The day before my planned stay, I booked a second separate reservation via Kayak, since I was gone camping a day early. I arrived only to find out that the motel was sold out. Frank, the clerk on duty, was very apologetic and found me a decent place to stay just down the road. He also reduced the rate on my actual reservation for the following night.

While there are a few newer hotels in Kalispell, I refuse to pay $250+ for them. Motel 6 may not be the fanciest place, but I'd stay here in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Saskatoon, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I didn't expect much in the way of frills for a budget hotel. I did expect staff to treat customers with some basic decency. Cheaper does not need to mean rude and ill-tempered.

When a fellow customer asked at the desk if he could borrow a can-openner to open a can of dog food for his dog, the clerk snapped "are you going to wash it." The customer was confused, so the clerk repeated, loudly "ARE YOU GOING TO WASH IT", again. She repeated this a third time, in the same tone.

I guess it never dawned on the clerk that her question might be confusing or demeaning, and that repeating the question, loudly, might not be an effective way at communication.

It certainly wasn't polite. It certainly wasn't a proper way to treat a customer. He left, pretty shaken by the interaction.

I lent the guy a can opener from my camping supplies. And I didn't ask him to "wash it" either, at least not in a way that would make him feel like crap.

It doesn't cost a cent to be polite or reasonable to customers. "Pet friendly" could also mean "friendly to owners of pets". But at this Motel 6, that night, the pet owner was treated like crap.

Worried about food residue on your precious can opener? Ask, politely.

Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Motel 6 in Canada has some very nice accomodations. Kalispell on the other hand, is the biggest dump one could ever stay it.

We only stayed here because every other place had no rooms available due to the fair that was in town.

It's comparable to a "Bates Motel"

Dirty beds, small room, got locked out of our room on night 1 of our 2 night stay.
Wifi not free.

All in all terrible.

The positive part of the stay was checking out without getting a disease during our stay.

Room Tip: best room tip is, go stay elsewhere
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Fernie, British Columbia, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Paid 91.00 a night and it was certainly not worth 50.00...Clerk was very terse...A dead mouse lying on the outside stairway...Beds very small as well as the tv... No tub, only a shower... Yes I realize this is a low budget motel but come on..

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
SE Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

When I'm staying in Kalispell, I'm looking for a clean, convenient, relatively inexpensive place to sleep. Last year I stayed in this Motel 6 to travel to Bigfork Summer Theater ( wonderful experience about 20 minutes away). An unexpected bonus was the friendliness of the staff. This year I stayed because of (1) last year's experience and (2) it was the cheapest hotel reasonably close for my 5:00 am need to be at Glacier International Airport. Again, the staff was really great -- letting me park my car for an out-of-town 2 days before I would be staying at the motel. There is a pool a Mexican restaurant next door and many other eating facilities nearby. I must admit I still smoke and it was an unexpected treat to me that I could smoke in my room as I worked at my computer many hours before my flight. I recommend this place because it met my needs: clean, reasonably priced motel where I needed it to be.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Typical Motel 6. Staff was very helpful and nice. The room was clean and small but adequate for a night's stay. We were right next to the pool (which looked very nice and was being used by a bunch of kids) and it was quiet by 9pm. Lots of dogs around and not a single one barking. All in all a very good experience here. Would stay again. Fairly easy ride to Glacier NP from here.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
CARROLLTON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Surprised about the quality of the rooms and the friendliness of the staff. Only drawbacks are no breakfast or Wi-Fi included in the price of the room; this has become standards in the industry. The room has a shower instead of a bathtub which I highly welcomed. It has a small old style TV instead of a flat screen that is common now in most hotels

Room Tip: Avoid rooms above the office; the face the main street that is quite noisy.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Motel 6 Kalispell? Share your experiences!