“Great Food, Worth the Wait” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Kalispell, MT
“Great Food, Worth the Wait”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I've dined at Jagz on several occasions with my boyfriend, friends, and family. I personally enjoy the dimmer lighting within the restaurant as it creates a quiet and personal atmosphere for those you are dining with, however, I don't have any problems reading in dimmer light (I understand how that could be unenjoyable). The food is always wonderful. I'm partial to their pasta dishes, and very much enjoy the house-made ceaser dressing for salads. My boyfriend and I dined on Valentine's Day of last year, and though we had to wait an hour and a half for our meal (which we knew before arriving; we had made reservations and they informed us of the wait due to high capacity), it was served hot and tasted wonderful. Their seafood dishes are always a hit with him. I will definitely go again, though with the distance from our home, we reserve our visits for special occasions. Thank you for the great food and friendly service!

• 5 of 5 stars Food

“Why did I wait so long!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Saturday- Sept 22. My husband n I went to Jags. It was amazing- great food- nice ambiance. Our waitress was nice, served us n was there whenever we needed something but she wasn't hovering or annoying! (We made an 8pm reservation n only waited bout 3 mins) fantastic. Can't wait to go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kalispell
“Great food, but what was it on my plate?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My wife and I took her visiting parents to this restaurant because we have always enjoyed the good food and atmosphere. We weren't to be dissapointed as once again the Prime Rib was to die-for.

Unfortunately, the experience was diminished due to the fact that the lighting was so dark/dim that almost everyone in our party, especially our elderly parents, could not even easily read the menu. Now keep in mind we are both in our early fifties, but we also overheard the much younger couple next to us commenting on how dark it was. It was a good thing my father wasn't with us as his vision is very poor and he wouldn't have been able to see at all. The brightest thing in the room was the string of Christmas lights strung around the railings.

We asked if the ceiling lighting could be turned-up "just-a little" and we were informed that they couldn't, because it would negatively affect the other patrons experiences!

We will think again before we take older family members to this restaurant in the future. If you decide to go and you want more than 1 candlepower lighting at your table, we suggest you go before sunset and ask for a window table.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kalispell
“Always a pleasure.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We've always had great food and service here. I can't believe the number of people who will pay the same amount of money at Applebee's for a processed and microwaved steak when they can go here and enjoy a truly cooked meal. It's one place in the valley I've never had a bad experience dining at. Maybe it's just luck but if that's the case I'll take it every time.

Bigfork, Montana
“Very good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

A friend referred us to Jagz when we first moved to this area and I was quite surprised. On the outside it looks like a hole-in-the-wall type of place but when you walk inside it's very classy. When we arrived we were the only customers and were greeted and sat right away. The service was excellent and so was the food! It's a pricey dinner but well worth it! The only reason I don't rate it all 5 stars is because my husband got food poisoning. Regardless, we will most likely eat here again. I was very impressed!

• 4 of 5 stars Food