“Great RV spot” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Spruce Park on the River

Spruce Park on the River
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kalispell
Spruce Park on the River
You added Spruce Park on the River to your Saves list
1985 Highway 35, Kalispell, MT 59901   |
“Great RV spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We were there 1 week for a vacation in August 2013. We were on the river with full hookups except for sewer . We didn't have a extension cord and they were able to lend us one so we could run our air conditioner. I don't have any complaints about the place whatsoever but I do have a few suggestions : 1) More garbage containers and especially by the dog walk areas for the "doggie bags". 2) Recycling containers. There is no place to put soda and liquor containers for recycling. We talked to a few other Canadians and we were all missing this. It is a huge money maker :)
This place is great for a central location for shopping, fishing ,hiking and sight seeing. We loved the cheap showers! Not many things you can get for 25 cents! The bathrooms are clean and so is the campground in general.
We will more than likely try to make reservations here next year if it is possible.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Business
Pavia, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We spent a night in July 2013 with our tents over here but I would not recommend.
We showed up (1 car) and asked for availability. "Is full but as you are foreigners we can provide you a tent place". Great! We paid 28,50USD (most expensive in our tour through 5 states), pitched up our 4 small tents as usual (we did in 15 different campsites). I had to look for a grill as there was not. And in that moment the owner ("I'M THE OWNER") came to us to tell that 28,50 is for 1 tent and we had to pay for 4. We always paid for 1 site. Now 28,50x4 = 114$!! while BIG RVs pay for one and take MUCH MORE space. At the end we agreed to pay extra 25$ as they admitted their error. Anyway was too late to leave and they knew. Now time to relax? No way, 1 billion mosquitoes came suddenly as I never saw any other place!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

My wife and I are freqent visitors to this campground and we love it. Beautiful scenery, great location only minutes from town.The facilities are well kept, bathrooms are very clean and we have always found the owners to be very accomodating.They always remember us when we call ! We'll be back next year !
C&GB, Calgary,AB

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver Island, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This is a great campground / RV park close to the center of Kalispell. It is quite scenic (along the river) and has some reasonably nice campsites. The showers are fine and the park is well maintained. Firewood is expensive so you might want to bring your own. We were in a tent trailer so were a bit worried about the noise but we were pleasantly surprised. Overall, i would recommend it.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Chico, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

The staff were fantastic. When they laid down the rules at check in, my rebel side wanted to freak. But at 11:00 when I could fall asleep and when I could sleep in and not hear insanity around me, I was grateful! The spaces for "pull through are SKINNY, but still a nice place. We stayed on the river in F7. Nice and wide, but I pulled in and then backed out do that we were "sided rcorrectly" to our hookup. River front doesn't have sewer, but was fine trade off for awesome rivers edge view and ambiance. Overall a great stay!

• Stayed June 2013
Kalispell, Montana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I live in Kalispell and have many family and friends from Washington state visit me. I stopped to inquire about tent sites and fees for friends visiting a couple days in early June. The young woman at the front desk was pleasant and informed me of the availability and fees I told her I needed to check with my friends and get back. The next day as I pulled up to the office a woman came up to my car and asked in a very unfriendly voice if she could help me, I said I was going in to make reservations. She replied "go talk to my daughter in the office". She followed me in, I asked to reserve two tent sites as my spouse and I would be camping, Saturday with my out of town friends. The woman (owner) said in a very nasty tone "we don't have tent sites at least not for this weekend" I said "yesterday I was told there was plenty of availability" "Well, I don't want you locals inviting your out of town friends here then your local friends, partying and leaving this place a mess!" I was shocked at this woman's aggression towards me and told her so. She replied " I don't care if you stay here or not talk to my daughter" and she walked out the door. So did I. My friends came, we stayed at a much better and friendlier campground a couple miles away and had a great time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

This is a great quiet park right on the river. The facilities are a little dated, but extremely clean and well kept. The rates are reasonable and operated by a nice family. The bad reviews just confirms my belief that some are just unhappy people. If I passed out $100 bills, someone would whine because there's was wrinkled. Take the negative comments with a grain of salt and I am sure you will be happy if you are reasonable and not a sourpuss. Call me....Ron 858 342-8270
Oh, signage is clear that the operators want anyone entering park to check in at the office. This seems reasonable to me so they know who is on their property. I would DEFINITELY stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Spruce Park on the River? Share your experiences!