“Good Ole' BBQ” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night
Seattle
“Good Ole' BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Well you aren't going to go hungry at this restaurant. I had a starter ceasar salad which was average. I tried the combo meal with the BBQ chicken and brisket. The BBQ chicken was great! Tender and moist. The brisket was OK, I'd never had it before so I don't have any comparison. You did get a choice of 5 BBQ sauces to smother on your meat choice. The spicy ones were my favorite. The garlic mashed were good, I would pass on the jalapeno mac n cheese. The corn bread muffin was delicious, I would eat one right now if I could. I got to see the famous Dave's pig, and you could get your picture with him. I did feel guilty eating BBQ food with a pig walking around. Overall, I would eat here again, it was pretty tasty and the service was great.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Kalispell, MT
“A Suprisingly Yummy and Fun Chain”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Okay, so its Famous Daves. Yet, I will have to say that this is the best Famous Daves location I have ever been too. First the decor is right on for Montana. The food is good but not great. Service is pretty good too. The bar section has an amazing number of beers on draft and a good place for a drink or too. There is also an outside patio for enjoying the warmth in the summer.

I have a bunch of kids, and they love this place. You get your standard crayons and coloring sheets after being seated. If your lucky, the pig character will be there greeting patrons and such.

Overall, this is no word class BBQ joint. But if your looking for a family friendly environment with good food and service, you wont be disappointed here. Just be sure to bring an empty stomach!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kalispell, Montana, United States
“Yummie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Excellent restaraunt, great atmosphere, lots of local memorabilia on the log walls. Great food, and the best ribs in the world.

Visited June 2012
Northern Alberta
“Chain restaurant puts 'em to shame!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

This place is a chain restaurant , so we had no great expectations going in, but were we ever surprised!! The decor was very cottage-chic,and the staff welcomed and immediately seated us, The menu was quite extensive,and they had those seasonal mini-menu's that highlight the various specials of the time. After ordering some suds from their good-sized draft selection (which included some local faves),we decided upon the full rack of ribs, and the Texas beef brisket, the kiddies both had ' Daves burgers' (jack cheese n' bacon), Everything arrived promptly , and was it ever good! We opted for the 'Wilbur beans' (smoked pork and peppers),and potato salad on the side and they didn't disappoint. The ribs were enormous and utterly amazing,with a definite hickory smoked flavor, and the brisket was one of the most memorable,smoky,seasoned cuts of beef I have ever consumed, The 'Wilbur beans' were a stand out dish which were a big hit with everyone. The salad was spiced perfectly!! Oh ,and the selection on the table of the 6 or so sauces was greatly appreciated! That 'mustard' sauce was incredible! The kids both gobbled up their dish's so they must have been good. Yes we would definitely recommend this place to any food lover, it was a supper we all won't soon forget!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Whitecourt, Canada
“Great service, nice atmosphere, good food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

We've been wanting to try Famous Dave's for a while. Our server had a big smile on her face the whole time she served us, she seemed to actually enjoy serving customers. The decor was suited a Montana experience. Very rustic. We had the nachos ( must try, full of flavor, full of toppings like beans and sausage, not your typical nachos, so much better). I had the Cajun chicken burger and Mac and cheese and my husband had the Texas manhandler. We enjoyed our burgers, they were huge and rich (translation - not for someone watching their diet). They were tasty. The Mac and cheese we didn't like. It had corn in it, which some people might like, but we didn't. I would return and try more items on their extensive menu.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere