“If there is only 1 space left for Bucket List, this is it..” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Gili Goes Festive
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lankanfushi
Singapore, Singapore
“If there is only 1 space left for Bucket List, this is it..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I can't rave enough about the hospitality and beauty of Gili Lankanfushi. Something tells me I've been spoilt so badly that there is only 1 place that I'm ever going back to for a luxurious beach holiday. Where shall I start ...?

Greetings : Speedboat transfer to Gili on Gili Goes Quickly (I love these little word play) was the prelude to the amazing hospitality I was to expect during my short stay. Cold water, lemongrass soaked cold towels and coconuts were offered in that short 15 min transfer.

Reaching Gili : We were welcomed by resort staff and our Mr Friday and had a great time with the resort orientation.

Villa : as close to the ocean as you can get and its totally non-intrusive.

staff : never without a smile, even the staff who were repairing the villa next to ours always found time to smile and say hello when we cycle past (yes! we get our very own bicycles to travel around the resort). Special mention of our Mr Friday Aboo, main restaurant staff Siyam and sommelier Gayan whose hospitality have been out of this world ! They made our every meal enjoyable and delightful, esp indulging us when we asked questions about everything under the sun (or moon). We are not naturally tidy people but even housekeeping magically transformed everything tidy and even have the uncanny ability to know when we were out of the villa (we moved around very randomly) and tidied up the place in the sometimes short span of time that we were out (x2 a day)

Villa - no spoilers here , words will do no justice to describe this place.

While I feel like I can go on and on about this wonderful wonderful place, I shall stop here because for a first time guest, it will be more fun experiencing Gili Lankanfushi. If I had only one place to choose for a paradise on earth experience - Say "Gili".

Must Do : Snorkelling , Meera Spa, Dolphin Cruise & Choco/Wine Tasting

Room Tip: Villa 15 has a fantastic Sunrise View (Jetty 2 or 3)
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Steven-Philips, General Manager at Gili Lankanfushi Maldives, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Having just this moment returned to my office after walking around the resort during our monthly Full Moon party and Gili Hour, even I, who has been here for sometime now, agree that Gili is a special place and may I offer my thanks for having written similar sentiments on your fantastic TA Review.

We, the hosts at Gili Lankanfushi have a very precious commodity here and really are custodians of the Island. We are proud to be here and are always excited when our guests agree.

Aboo, Siyam and Gayan offer their thanks for mentioning them in particular and when I informed the engineering team that they had also been mentioned, they were both surprised and delighted. The Heart of House team are sometimes left out of guests plaudits, but they are the engine that keeping the Resort running.

Many thanks again for your very kind words and we will continue to mesmerise our guests with true Maldivian hospitality.

With the warmest of regards

Steven and the Gili Lankanfushi team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

Where can I start? It is very difficult to explain every positive aspect we experienced at Gili Lankanfushi in such a short space. To be precise and to the point, we had the time and holiday of our life! I did not want to leave and wanted to extend my stay and so did my kids! My husband was the only one who needed to get back, because of work.

Anyway if you are thinking of visiting the Maldives and looking for a place to stay, then look no further because Gili Lankanfushi is the place! Our expierience was extra ordinary! From the time we arrived and picked up at the airport until the time we left to head back, we kept getting more attached to the place and the more than wonderful staff. Our 2 Butlers (called Mr. Fridays at Gili) were so wonderful that it seemed like they came out of an Aladin magic lamp. Our every desire and and everything we required was like a wish that magically came true.

The resort even planned out my son's 18th Birthday before our arrival and it was exactly as I asked for and actually a lot more! My son was so surprised that he couldn't even comment! All the effort that went into decorating our Private Villa was outstanding, from balloons to even a hand made, personalized banner which was made by our Mr. Friday/artist Atheef. We ofcourse brought that banner back with us as a memory.

Our Mr. Fridays Atheef and Fiyaz were more than excellent. Atheef even entairtned my 5 year old and my 11 year old daughters and gave them art lessons, which kept them busy at times when we just wanted to relax in the villa. The person in charge of keeping our villa spotless, Ahmed was also so wonderful and kind.

I can keep going for ever and not stop writing as I still have many positive things to say. I would just like to stop here and thank every single person who made our stay worthwhile, from the boat drivers, to the bar tenders and waiters to our very own Mr. Fridays. Not the mention Mr. Brad Calder the resort manager who put up with all my emails and all my specific requests. All our needs were catered to and as if they were tailored, which was so impressive.

Gili Lankanfushi is simply where you would wants to spend your holiday. It is really an experience where you feel your stay was worth every dollar you paid.

Thank you Gili staff and management for this wonderful experience. I don't think we could stay anywhere else the next time we visit.

Best regards,

The Al Nowais Family,
(UAE, Abu Dhabi)

• Stayed April 2014
Steven-Philips, General Manager at Gili Lankanfushi Maldives, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Dear Al Nowais Family

Having you all here at Gili Lankanfushi was our absolute pleasure this was only added to when I read out your TA review a couple of days ago.

It was great to read that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay in our Private Reserve and especially the service provided to you by Atheef, Fiyas and Brad. (I hope that you liked the painting that Atheef completed for you. He is a rare talent!)

It was also lovely to read that your son enjoyed his 18th Birthday which was great fun to do. We look forward to welcoming him back with his friends for Graduation :)

Thank you once again your very kind comments and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Maldives

Best of regards

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Excellent island, service faultless, delicious food and the hotel could not have done much for us. The island knew it was my sister's birthday and they made it incredibly special. What made it so easy was being able to get there in just 25 minutes from Male after a long flight from London. Best water villas in the Maldives - absolutely massive! I loved the location of the spa being over water, incredibly unique.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Alice

It was great to see that you and your sister thoroughly enjoyed your short break with us and I was so pleased that we were able to extend your sisters 21st birthday we the couple of surprises we laid on for her.

We set ourselves the highest of standards both in terms of service levels and quality of dining experiences and it was great to see that we have achieved them during your stay.

We very much look forward to seeing you again on Gili Lankanfushi.

Cheers

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

We are repeaters at Gili and stayed here for the 7th time last month. It is a very special place where we feel at home every time we come back. Despite the change in ownership and management that occurred a couple of years ago (it used to be called Soneva Gili and was part of Six Senses), the resort has maintained (and in some cases improved) its standards and excellent level of service.

We want to thank Steven Phillips (the new GM) and his terrific management team, including Craig Gemmell (F&B Manager) and John Baker (Executive Chef).

To mention only a few of the very talented staff: Aboo (our efficient and friendly Mr. Friday), Kallam (a talented chef from Bangladesh who outdid himself again this year preparing all sorts of special dishes for us – we wish we could take him back home with us), Latheef (our breakfast and dinner waiter – best wishes with your baby!), Hassan (our lunch waiter), and Aleef (drinks waiter). And thank you of course to Siam and Zahir who orchestrated the waiters effortlessly with a constant smile. Each and everyone of you made our stay fantastic.

Thank you as well to Akalanka with his wonderful concoctions in the overwater bar, and to Nafal for the romantic private dinner on Palm Beach (his candle decorations were memorable).

Last but not least, our daily snorkelling trips would not have been the same without Vaidas (resident marine biologist from Lithuania, extremely nice and knowledgeable), Nappey and Muha (who dove with us) and Ramiz who captained the boat that ferried us around.

We look forward to coming back to Gili again next year and seeing all of the above. We love to travel and discover new destinations, but this is the only place that we happily come back to again and again.

Mauro and Stéphanie Gabriele

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Stephanie and Mauro

Well what can I say expect to thank you for the glowing review after your 7th visit to Gili Lankanfushi.

It was indeed again a pleasure to have you with us and to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your vacation.

We spoke at many times whilst you were here and I know the team always enjoy being of service to you. You have mentioned so many hosts and I know that you thanked them each personally before your departure, but they will be proud to see your individual mentions then put up on our host noticeboard.

We look forward to seeing you in 2015 and in the meantime wish you a very Happy Easter and a successful move to Paris.

Warmest of regards

Hawker, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

My trip can be well summed in one word; AMAZING. :D My family and I had a heavenly time there, secluded from any stress and disturbance. I can say that this was, without a doubt, the best trip ever. All thanks to Malbeven travel who handled all my inquiries and planned the trip. Kudos to them.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Steven-Philips, General Manager at Gili Lankanfushi Maldives, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
A warm hello for Gili Lankanfushi!

Reading such adjectives such as "Amazing" and "Heavenly" also starts my day with a great sense of pride and this most certainly happened when I read you and your families review very recently.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your vacation on our Island and I was also pleased to read that Malbeven Travel looked after the organisation of your trip so expertly.

We very much hope to see you again on Gili Lankanfushi and it would be our honour to welcome you back with open arms.

Warmest regards

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

The enviroment was perfect , the food was unique and good , staff were pleasant and helpful and greeted us every morning ,this resort is top notch and this place is very relaxing and beautiful will never forget this experience here,

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Good morning!

Thank you so much for completing your review after your recent stay with us.

We are so privileged to see that you enjoyed the Gili Lankanfushi experience and in particular the environment of the Island, the dining experience and the team here.

Although we are in the fortunate position to be recommended by so many guests after their experience on our Island, it is always a real thrill for me to read out such comments to the team each morning.

We look forward to hopefully having the opportunity to see you again and in the meantime hope that the memories created whilst with us will be lasting ones.

Yours truly

Bowdon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

This was our second visit to Gili and our expectations were high....and they were all exceeded.
Everything about Gili is exquisite and the attention to detail is what distinguishes it from other resorts. We stayed in Villa 43 overlooking One Palm Island - a very beautiful outlook and gorgeous view of the sunset. We dined at the Japanese and beach restaurants - both were superb, although we spent most nights in the villa with room service - probably the most romantic setting for dinner imaginable! The diving was superb with excellent equipment and very professional staff. A special thank you to Shifaz our Man Friday, who made our stay so memorable and special.
I was privileged to spend six days and nights in the most beautiful and romantic setting in the world with the woman I love. I can think of no greater endorsement for Gili Lankanfushi.

Room Tip: All of the villas are wonderful. For complete privacy go for one at the end of the jetty
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Alan
It was with the greatest of pleasure that I read out your review subsequent to your return visit to Gili Lankanfushi. It is always with great anticipation that we receive guests who have decided to visit us again and again and we are in the very fortunate position to have this occurrence on a very regular basis. It truly does ratify the quality of the products and services we offer our guests.

Shifaz says to say hi and was very pleased to read that you had that mentioned him as one of the most memorable parts of your vacation.

Chef John and the team were also very pleased to read that you enjoyed all the dining experiences here on the Island. By The Sea Japanese Restaurant is certainly one of the main highlights of the culinary experiences here and our interpretation of Japanese cuisine if nearly always enjoyed by so many of our guests.

The Dive team were also so pleased to read that you had enjoyed this activity and have also asked me to pass on their thanks.

Gili Lankanfushi is certainly an Island for Romance and when combining that with the culinary and other offering that we have here, truly does make for a complete vacation. On which is enjoyed by so many.

We look forward to seeing you back for a third time and can assure you of our very best of intentions at all times.

Cheers

Steven

Been to Gili Lankanfushi Maldives? Share your experiences!