“Clean, safe and convenient” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Helena
Los Angeles, California
“Clean, safe and convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Run of the mill Fairfield Inn. Very clean, organized and well trained staff. Hot tub was under renovation and the rooms seemed well insulated from hearing your neighbors. Breakfast was a mail of hot and cold foods. Within walking distance of other restaurants and the Capitol. It is a great value for the dollar, but would have stayed closer to town the next trip in something more upscale.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Missoula, Montana, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

My wife is an employee of Marriott so we reserved a room at this hotel when we traveled to Helena, expecting the great service we experience at other hotels in the Marriott chain. We arrived at 3:00, the check in time listed on our reservation. The front desk person said the room wasn't ready and because we had a pet we couldn't wait in the lobby. After being told to "deal with it" from the front desk person we asked for manager and were told that the manager was out for the day, so we called the corporate number and made a complaint after which a housekeeper told other employees that "there's a guy in the lobby being a [--]". So after 45 minutes of hassling with trying to get into our room while my kids, wife, and dog sat in running car in 90+ degree heat we called another hotel that was happy to give us a room and even gave a discounted rate when learning of our trouble!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Baldeagle82, Manager at Fairfield Inn Helena, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Please delete this comment as the guest never stayed here. They had an employee discount of $35.00 and wouldn't give us the time to clean the room on a busy Summer day!

They called their property to complain and called Marriott to complain - we tried to get their room cleaned as quick as we could which they should have understood being an employee.

Jeff Kurtz, CHA
Helena Fairfield Inn & Suites
ffi.gm@bresnan.net
(406) 449-9944 phone
Clarksville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I've stayed at many Fairfiled Inns across the country and this was one of the top ones. Staff was very friendly and helpful upon check in. The room was clean and had sufficient space for my needs. I did not get a chance to sample the breakfast as I had a very early morning flight. But when I got to the lobby at 4:30, a member of the staff told me she had just made fresh coffee, and I could help myself to some pastries or muffins that were in the kitchen area. Thanks! I had stayed at a Fairfield Inn in Great Falls the night before, and although that one was good, this was definitely a cut above.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I stayed here one night on business. It was decent--a fairly standard Fairfield Inn. My room was small, but had a chair, reasonably comfortable bed, flat-screen TV, and small desk. Everything was clean and in working order. Decor was pleasant. Internet was free and reasonably speedy. Room could have used a new clock radio and a new coffee maker (the current one had seen some better days and the in-room coffee I made in the morning was spit-out bad).

It seemed like an older Fairfield Inn property, but looks like it had been renovated with new carpet, etc. Lobby was fairly small. I didn't use the complimentary breakfast. The fitness center wasn't much, but it did have a couple of treadmills...enough for a decent workout.

The service upon check-out was very pleasant. I can't say the same of check-in. The woman was sitting at the desk, reading, and she was definitely more interested in getting back to her book than helping me. Didn't welcome me as a Marriott Rewards elite member, didn't ask if I had any questions--just basically took my name, told me to initial here, and gave me a key.

I'd go back, but I'd also look at other options in Helena, too.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Missoula, Montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Checked in and the gentleman at the desk did not look at me once. No friendly greeting or recognition at all. He totally ignored me when I entered later that evening. In the morning I asked for cold water in the breakfast area and was told by the front desk that they only had hot water. A quiet girl at the desk picked up the empty water pitcher and returned it with ice water. Nice to see one friendly person there. Tried a cup of tea but the water was only luke warm (no hot water there) The fruit was too brown and mushy, the tea cool so I went out for breakfast.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Not bad, no complaints. Good price and everything I would expect from a Fairfield Inn. Just be careful when you drive into the parking lot, take the second entrance because the first may scrape the bottom of your car.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Billings
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I recently stayed in this hotel for two nights along with two co-workers. We each had our own room. I dropped a razor on the bathroom floor. When I bent down to get it, I had the misfortune of looking at the wall under the sink. It was very dirty. If it had ever been cleaned, it had obviously been a long time previously. Also, when I got in the shower, I noticed a couple of hairs left on the soap rack.

Although I thought that was disgusting, it was tame compared to the experience of one of my co-workers. When he checked in, he noticed that there was vomit on the bedspread. He was so tired, that he slept there anyway (I wouldn't have). When he told the desk clerk later, he said that person responded that it was probably just food. I thought that even if that was the case, that was a very poor response.

The next day I asked him if they had gotten his bedspread issue fixed. He said that they did not.

I suspect that the Marriott people would be in shock if they did a cleanliness check at this particular hotel. You can be assured that I will be staying elsewhere my next trip to Helena.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Fairfield Inn Helena? Share your experiences!