“Wonderful courtesy staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Helena
Bozeman
“Wonderful courtesy staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

During a conference at the Red Lion Colonial Hotel Katie at the front desk provided excellent assistance and made my experience an extremely positive one! She assisted me with preparing last minute documents for my work and took time and care until everything was complete. I appreciated her consideration and personal attention.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Havre, Montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

My wife and I stayed one night because we were at a wedding reception at the Red Lion, and thought it would be handy to stay there too. The rate was ok with the military discount, but without any discount I would not stay there. The room we had was on the east wing Room 113, it was a nice sized room with king bed, the room was clean and all fixtures seemed to work. The bed was comfortable, wall paper seemed to be dated. The air conditioner was difficult to set to keep from too cool - to warm. I could hear noises from the hallway because of the large gap under the door, we had a door between rooms and at 04:15AM the people next door sounded like they were having a party? I guess they make that much noise when they are packing up?? anyway not much for sound buffering between rooms...Also the people above us were banging and thumping on the floor above us. Again, not much sound insulation between floors and ceiling. Over all it was just a so-so stay. If I was staying again in Helena I would look for a better value in what you got.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We had never stayed at Red Lion but our normal choice was booked. The room rate was significantly lower and the room was clean and very quiet. You didnt hear the water running in the adjacent rooms or the vending machines, etc. The staff was very friendly and helpful.
Definately reccommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Cassie P, Manager at Red Lion Colonial Hotel, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your experience. It's so great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We happily welcome you back any time. Looking forward to accomodating you again!
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Me and my folks stayed here only 1 night while driving from Calgary to Yellowstone and wasn't sure what to expect here after reading quite a few negative reviews about this hotel, but when I found the right price for this Red Lion, I decided to give it a try. The hotel seems to be located in the part of town with most of the other hotels and motels so the place isn't bad. When I walked in to the lobby I really liked the "Grand Staircase" looks beautiful in the lobby and gives it an extra special touch. I was checked in promptly and went up to my room. The room was very nice, clean and looked good all-around. The only problem that I had was that my A/C wasn't working properly but when I told the front desk, they quickly gave me another room (jacuzzi suite this time!). I didn't have time to use the jacuzzi,sadly. The room looked to be recently renovated and had everything and more that I was expecting from a 3-star hotel. Flat screen TV, really (really) comfortable beds and pillows, really clean. There is also a very nice outside courtyard for hotel guests to enjoy. I ate delicious brunch there for $14 and would recommend it if you're going to be at the hotel on a Sunday morning. I can't comment on the pools and hot tub since I didn't use them but they look very nice.The hotel was great and I would surely recommend it to anyone and everyone.

Room Tip: A room on the second floor facing the courtyard or a jaccuzi suite with a patio are both great.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Cassie P, Manager at Red Lion Colonial Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Awesome! I often find myself using the word Awesome when talking about this hotel, but it sounds even sweeter to hear it used to describe a guest's experience with us. Thank you so much for sharing your review on Trip Advisor.

Our guests often say that we have the most comfortable beds! I think that is one of the most important features of any hotel. I'm glad you got to experience that with us.

I'm also thrilled that you had the opportunity to try our Sunday Brunch Buffet too. It is a top-notch buffet that many folks have made a weekly tradition. You just can't beat it.

Thank you again for the kind words! We certainly hope to see you again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

We booked the room because we read about the outdoor and indoor pool, we were most excited about the outdoor pool. Upon arrival we discovered the pool is closed indefinitely, big disappointment. Our room was clean and comfortable. Probably overpriced for what we got, we could have stayed a more reasonable priced hotel if we just wanted an indoor pool and a nice room. Terri at the bar was fantastic and if we don't stay at the hotel again, we will at least stop into the lounge for a drink because she is so good at her job. She really is an asset to the staff. All staff members (especially housekeeping) were friendly, helpful and accommodating except the receptionist who worked the night of July 19th.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for taking time to give us feedback about your recent stay. We are pleased to hear you found our hotel to be clean and friendly.

Please accept our apology regarding the outdoor pool. Unfortunately, due to state regulations, we have been forced to shut it down. We have made every attempt to remove outdoor pool photos from all websites. It is not our intention to mislead our guests and apologize again. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel again in the future.
Niagara Falls, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I have a family member who is looking to relocate from Michigan to Helena so we took a nine day vacation to Helena to search out housing/jobs and to get the 'feel' of Helena. To stay nine days at a hotel can be challenging, but this hotel made it enjoyable and gave us a wonderful first impression of this lovely city. Prior to booking, I read some very negative reviews about this hotel but decided that since the manager responded so passionately to those negative comments, I would give the hotel a chance to redeem itself and it did in SPADES. The updates are apparent in every part of the hotel and are continuing as I write this. Not only did we get a very nice room with extremely comfortable beds and excellent bed linens (a must for me), the staff (from reception to housekeeping) went overboard to meet every request we made and with a professional, enthusiastic attitude. This went a long way to give us the awesome first impression of Montana, and Helena in particular that we were hoping for. Thank you to all for making this a memorable trip.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Cassie P, Manager at Red Lion Colonial Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful comments about your stay. We are always thrilled when we are able to exceed the expectations of our guests. Exceeding our guest’s expectations is what we strive for and we are happy to hear that we accomplished that. We hope to see you again in the very near future!
Medicine Hat, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

After staying at the Red Lion in Kallispel, Montana we were very disappointed. No fridge, no free breakfast, no king size bed, bar noisy. Staff didn't really care. Room was adequate, and the wifi was fast.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion Colonial Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us. I do apologize that you felt the front desk did not provide you with friendly and welcoming service. We strive to provide all our guests with the high quality of service that we maintain throughout all of our hotels.
We will most definitely take this feedback and share it with our staff. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to better serve you on your next visit.
Kind Regards

Been to Red Lion Colonial Hotel? Share your experiences!