“Charming, good food, good value. Practical luxury.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner
Chicago, Illinois
“Charming, good food, good value. Practical luxury.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

This isn’t fancy fine dining, but you can expect a good quality meal that is geared towards fine dining at a reasonable price. I think the value offered at On Broadway is amazing. I would recommend this restaurant to anybody eating in Helena. Any restaurant that is packed on a Monday night probably is doing something right.

Originally we planned on eating at Lucca's which is rated #1 in trip advisor. However Luccas is not open all the nights of the week. It was a Monday night, so we went to On Broadway, which I was pleased to see was packed. We waited about 10 minutes for a table in comfortable seating area and I was served glass of wine by a very polite host while I waited. Our meals were good. We had mussels for an appetizer which were delicious, I was very impressed with the appetizer. We both ordered pastas, both were good. I wouldn’t say the pasta was impressive, but it was decent, made with fresh, real ingredients and tasty. The shrimp and scallops in the pasta were of excellent quality and I was impressed with that. Montana isn’t exactly a place that makes you think of great seafood, so ordering it is always a gamble. But at On Broadway the seafood was fresh and delicious.

The wines by the glass were very reasonably priced and tasted good. The service was good too. Although our server was a young girl that didn’t know much about wine, she was prompt and willing to do whatever necessary to make our experience a good one. The kitchen was nice enough to cut the butter in half on my dish. I appreciated the alteration.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Surrey
“Not Second Best to Us!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

We planned to go to Lucca's which is the trip advisor number 1 in Helena, but could not get in there at 6.15pm on a Wednesday evening, I guess they must be doing something right!

We walked around the corner to On Broadway the number 2 rated! Inauspicious start as we were not even sure it was open from the street, but once inside we found the place was buzzing, obviously a popular spot. Great atmosphere, all wood panel walls and loads of booths gave the place a great feel without being loud.

Our server Sean clearly loves his job and really looks after his customers. We heard him treat everyone the same way and he must be a pleasure to work with. His enthusiasm for the food made choosing a dish really tough as he made them all sound good. I ended up with the shrimp, scallops and pancetta linguine which was absolutely fantastic. My wife had the Broadway Chicken which also tasted great.

Not the cheapest place around with entrees in the $15 - $25 dollar range, but well worth the price in our opinion. If only we could move the restaurant nearer to home!

Hard to imagine Luccas would have been better!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Great Falls Montana
“Great Meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2010

We had a late night meal at On Broadway while in Helena, it was a wonderful meal, portions were perfect and price was right on. The staff were great, and very helpful. We had a tuna that was excellent. Here in MT that isnt always easy to get. The house wine was very tasty and the steak was very tender and flavorful.

Issaquah, Washington
“Big City food, small town charm/service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2009

I lived in Helena for years, and always went to On Broadway for special occassions. Now that I'm in Seattle, I can honestly say it's some of the best food I've had, and wow, what a deal! A meal like this in Seattle would cost me two to three times what On Broadway can do it for. Everytime I visit Helena, I go for the New York Steak at On Broadway. Their house dressing is amazing, the steak is always cooked perfect, and the mashed potatoes are almost as good as Grandmas! The service is always great here. Don't be afraid to try it, trust me, you'll go back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Missoula
“Best food around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2009

I have eaten all over the world and in some extremely expensive places and this place is worth every cent! Great atmospere, amazing service and even better food!! Its one of my favorite places to go anywhere that I travel. I only get to Helena once a year and going to eat at On Broadway is the highlight of my trip!