“Amazing food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Lakewood, Colorado
“Amazing food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

Small family owned Mexican restaurant open only for lunch on weekdays and brunch on Saturdays. It is some of the best Mexican food that I have eaten (I live in Denver and have travelled several times to Mexico). I'm sure it helps that the owner is always there keeping an eye on quality. The food is made to order and the service is quick.

• Visited May 2014

Helena, Montana
“A fresh take on Mexican fare; but seating is very limited”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

The food is a refreshing change from the usual Mexican restaurant. Lighter, more tasty, with authenticity. Most of the dishes were new to us. Somewhat enjoyable, but portions are fairly small. The facility itself is tiny, with a handful of small tables plus about four stools along the front window. As a result, it's just about impossible to get a seat during the lunch rush. If you want to sit down (and not wait for a long time in the extremely crowded door area), get there at 11 am sharp. Nothing fancy to the decor, and you order at the cash register. But for the reasonable price, it can be a nice lunch if the place isn't full. Pleasant, but nothing outstanding.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Exactly what I've been looking for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Amazing authentic food, big portions and great prices. Fast service, this is the place to go in your lunch my husband and I are able to be in and out in 30 minutes. Great food, Great Staff!

• Visited October 2013
Helena, MT
“Our family loves Cielo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

Cielo is our families favorite place to eat. My husband is addicted to the Chicken Tortilla Soup- I can't remember if it's $4 or $6 a bowl, but it's all he ever orders and he always leaves there full and satisfied. I'm addicted to their guacamole, I can't really pick just one thing from the menu- but some of my favorites as a vegetarian include their poblano verduras, quesadillas, and black beans and rice. I highly recommend ordering the chipotle aioli to accompany the black beans and rice- OUT OF THIS WORLD!! But it's not just the food that is amazing- you can expect some of the best service in town. You will love the owners and staff- very helpful and personable. They know all of their regulars by name! They are very accommodating to food allergies/ gluten free needs as well! One of the employees, that has been there pretty much since it opened, is gluten intolerant and has several food allergies. If you let them know you need gluten free they know off the top of their heads what you can/can't have and are extra diligent to make sure cross contamination does not occur! We love this place!!

• Visited December 2013
Helena, Montana
“Always pleased”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I am always pleased by the meals served at Cielo's. I love that it seems the owner and their family are all cooking or running the register. I highly recommend the Enchiladeas Aztecas or the breakfast version of them. I have even considered buying several plates and pretending I cooked it for guests. I have no idea how they make it so tasty and with such a great texture, too. My only complaints are the short hours and small space. I hope they are able to grow soon! Good prices, good food, and I always run in to someone I know there even though it only seats about 20.

• Visited August 2013