“Best in The Midwest !! the Montana Frontier !!” 5 of 5 stars

Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Helena
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Montego Bay, Jamaica
“Best in The Midwest !! the Montana Frontier !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

I know that anyone giving a bad report must have drank too much or ate too much yellow snow !! This Hotel is one of the Best Managed hotels that side of the California border !!
The General Manager is highly trained in all areas of hostile living !!
(hahahaha!!! can you guess who I may be !!) I know that this Hotel is #1, because I
know that the managemaent team is very professional, personal, and of Top Grade !!!

Room Tip: Hey !!! This is Montana, dontcha know !!!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
MBara, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Helena Great Northern Hotel, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
Thanks so much for your two thumbs up! and your entertaining response made us smile! Cheers!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

We arrived exhausted to an overpriced and dirty room. When we informed front desk, we were offered a new room, but we declined due to exhaustion. It was a nice gesture, but still disappointing. However, upon check-out we received an apology, with a $25 credit, which was appreciated. Overall, hotel and rooms were nicely decorated. Breakfast was great, considering it was included. Waiters were very friendly.

• Stayed January 2012
MBara, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Helena Great Northern Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with Trip Advisor. We did offer to change your rooms when it was learned that your room was not prepared for you as a new guest (previous guest had come back in after check out). We believe in the quality of our property and did wish to move you to a perfect room. I am pleased you enjoyed the breakfast and I do hope you will consider coming back to stay with us again in the future. Again, thank you for your comments.

Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

I've stayed here 3 times since they opened...oh, I don't know...8 years ago? It's even better than the first time. We stayed there this past New Years Eve for 4 days. They are very friendly, very helpful and simply know how to make you feel welcomed. It was quiet for New Years day - just a few quests I think...BUT they had the whole breakfast set up anyway, and they have a great breakfast, eggs one day, real (not packaged) omlettes another day, potatoes, great thick cut bacon or sausage, breads, oatmeal, juices, hot tea and decent coffee. The cook was the friendliest person. He chatted with me each morning and made sure to tell me to please let me know if I needed anything else. They also have a quaint seating area in the lobby with a fire place. More than once I saw someone sitting in a comfortable chair reading a book. On the other side of the lobby they have a small library where you can choose a book and a business area with (3) computers available. There are also bar style (tall) table and chairs where my husband loved to set up his laptop and work a couple hours per day. Our room was clean (as was the bathroom), with a fridge and microwave. What ever happened to real 4 cup coffee pots in hotel rooms? I am NOT a fan of their one cup pot, where you have to put a pre filled coffee filter in the holder and pour one cup of water in. Since we drove in, we brought our own hot pot (you can buy one at target for $14) and french press and made our own coffee each morning. They also have a nice large pool area for a Best Western. It's a long pool, so you can actually swim laps. Their work out room is one of the nicest and they enlarged it a bit since our last stage. They have newer equipment, an eliptical, treadmill, bike, a universal, weight balls, stretch mats and even (2) TV's! They enlarged it by moving their "laundry room" to a small cubby hole area by the 1st floor bathrooms, but it was a smart move. How much room do you need to throw clothes in the washer or dryer anyway! I just folded them in my room. They even have a cute little gift shop with several items "montana". I actually bought two great little items; "Very Dry Skin" Goats Milk body creme (love it) and a mat framed 4X6 picture done by a local photographer of my two favorite Helena sites; "The Sleeping Giant" and "The Cathedral". Went to see my mother in law...and though people might say it's always hard to see "in laws", staying at the Best Western Great Northern, with the movie theatre, Silver Star steak restaurant and the Brewhouse Pub and Grill all within a very short walking distance made it a very pleasant stay. We'll be back...

Room Tip: We like the rooms on the main level best, close to pool and lobby but still quiet - BUT make sure yo...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
MBara, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Helena Great Northern Hotel, responded to this review, January 17, 2012
Your comment are very generous! We appreciate you taking the time to give such a great guest perspective! We did make most of the changes during the last year when we became a Best Western Premier. Our amenities have grown to included the expanded fitness center to upgraded linens and complimentary safes in the guest rooms to name a few. We sure hope you have an opportunity to see us again! Thank you!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

It's clear this is a hotel concerned about its guests. Everything is well laid out in the hotel room and throughout the building. The hotel is very clean with attention to detail throughout. The breakfast was plentiful, although I'd recommend arriving by 9:30am to get the freshest items and take full advantage. Unlike most hotels, which charge for newspapers, you can get a copy of the local paper for free. There is also a full amenity kit waiting in the bathroom and even more by request at the front desk. For those who like to sleep in, the curtains are nearly black-out. I couldn't tell it was day when my alarm went off! The staff is very friendly and accommodating. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
MBara, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Helena Great Northern Hotel, responded to this review, January 16, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments - if we wanted a guest focus in on specfic "guest amenities" you certainly found them! It is our pleasure and we do hope to see you again!

alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

This is a dog friendly hotel (no size restrictions). Room was clean and spacious and located right next to the exit, easy to take Jake outside. Bathroom was clean, good towels. Great bed with choice of pillows.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
MBara, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Helena Great Northern Hotel, responded to this review, January 6, 2012
Thanks so much for sharing your experience with others. We take great pride in our property. We hope you will have a reason to return soon!

lawrenceville,ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

I typically do not book my stays at Best Western but I was speaking at a conference and my client booked this hotel for me. THIS WAS THE NICEST BEST WESTERN I HAVE EVER STAYED IN! The hotel was clean and modern. Staff were super friendly! Breakfast was good! My room was quiet and comfortable. Thanks for a perfect stay!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
MBara, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Helena Great Northern Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2012
Thank you! Our goal every day is to please the guests! Thank you for taking the time to respond on Trip Advisor - we look forward to seeing you again!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

An additional perk of staying at the Great Northern is their pristine indoor pool. The water temperature is perfect -- neither too warm or too cold. They have an indoor hot tub, also. The pool area is spotlessly clean.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
MBara, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Helena Great Northern Hotel, responded to this review, December 29, 2011
Thank you for your response! We are so pleased to know you enjoyed your stay - we hope to see you in 2012!

Marti Bara

Been to BEST WESTERN PREMIER Helena Great Northern Hotel? Share your experiences!