“Quite Average” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn Helena to your Saves list
Quality Inn Helena
Quality Inn Helena
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2300 North Oakes Street, Helena, MT 59601 (Formerly Blackstone Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #19 of 22 Hotels in Helena
Scottsdale
“Quite Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

A fairly typical Quality Inn. Friendly front deskperson. Even though it is right next to the freeway the room was surprisingly quiet due to the dual pane windows. The first thing I noticed in the room was the extremely worn green carpet. It was worn right through to the white backing near the door. The breakfast was between just so-so and average.

For those needing to resupply on a road trip, there is a K-Mart right next door. A Perkins restaurant is nearby. I usually count on a predictably fairly good meal at Perkins but was a little disappointed with this one. Although when I complained they took 50% off my $10 meal tab.

If you're just stopping for the night this is okay, but I found myself going to the next freeway exit to do most of the touristy stuff.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Central Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2010

We stayed at this hotel last night, choosing it as part of a Choice Hotels promotion. Reading the reviews made us a bit nervous so we asked to see a , this will probably king room before actually booking. It was huge with very nice newer furnishings and immaculately clean. The bathroom is very modern with attractive tile. The ladscaping is a bit rough around the edges but the lobby is very nice and tastefully decorated in western decor. The frig in the room made a bit of noise but we travel with a white noise sound machine so weren't bothered by it. Simply unplugging it would have been another solution. N ow that we've stayed here once we'll probably stay here again our next trip to Helena when we're seeking clean modern accommodations at a value price.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
lvoregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2009

I should have known from the dark green carpeting lingering over from the 70's or the dust pile of a lawn, that I should just sleep in the car for the night.
Good:
- $80 a night not bad compared to some hotels
-working heater (mostly), refrigerator, microwave, tv
-If you have been driving not stop and just need a place to sleep and arn't afraid of left over shower hair.

Bad (and so it begins):
- Advertises high speed interent; however wireless connection is extremely spotting and the routher I'm closes to won't connect so I have to steal from another part of the building, I'm holding on to at least two bars of connection right now.

- I don't expect a great view when on the road, but a dirt alleyway facing a k-mart is setting the bar pretty low.

- Worst of the worst, when I entered the bathroom I saw a hair in the shower, not a big deal I'll just wipe everything down with soap. While cleaning a room I paid for, there had to be over a dozen strands of hair and some dirt on the bottom of the shower. I think bigfoot was the last guest in my room.

-So far no noisy neighbors, but as with most hotels you can here doors opening and closing, and people out in the parking lot, yeah!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2008

We were there for 6 nights. The place is clean and the bed comfortable BUT there was no knob to adjust the fridge (according to the owner the knobs on all the fridge's were removed because people kept changing the temps (huh?)). It is a contest if the trains just outside or the whine of the fridge will be more annoying. Unplugging the fridge, turning on the A/C and keeping the window closed was the only solution. The "Continental Breakfast" is minimalist. There's only one washer and drier for guests' use. When I asked for some extra hangers I was give one wire hanger; according to the owner's wife, that was all that was there. They have an evening deskclerk who was by far the most sarcastic, unpleasant gal I've ever run into in a "service" position. I had a run-in with her our first evening when I made the mistake of asking for change for the laundry. I went out of my way to avoid her for the next 5 evenings. The owners are trying hard to make the place look nice and the housekeeping women were great.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — comfortable, clean room
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2008

I arrived at Helena very early and call hotel for eary check in, and people in front desk told me they need to clean the room and within 15 minutes the let me check in. I went to room and found out room is very clen and great room.I comes to Helena atleast 2 to 3 times in month and some times I have one more person with me, I am stayig here now onwords. I will reccomends all my friends to stay here.

Joe Naglich

Stayed February 2008
Mommywith2
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2007

I stayed at this hotel June 2007. The hotel was ok, but the service they offered made it the worst hotel I've ever stayed with. The staff was incredibly rude and inconsiderate. Next time I will pay more just to have a friendly face!!

• Stayed June 2007
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Quality Inn Helena? Share your experiences!