“It seemed as if the entire staff had changed. Wondering if...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wingate by Wyndham Helena

Save Saved
You added Wingate by Wyndham Helena to your Saves list
Wingate by Wyndham Helena
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2007 North Oakes, Lewis & Clark County, Helena, MT 59601   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #5 of 22 hotels in Helena
Laurel
“It seemed as if the entire staff had changed. Wondering if...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

It seemed as if the entire staff had changed. Wondering if the management changed? It was sad not to see familiar faces. The people in the food area seemed to be unsure of their responsibilities, or maybe just busy.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

419 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Great Falls, Montana, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I have nearly always loved Wingate. However, some things are kind of...well, sad. And therefore, so am I.
When I make reservations, I call directly to the site where I will be staying. I feel it makes things more "accurate".
Not this time. I kept trying to give the young lady my rewards number, and she kept saying..."Yes, I have it right here". Curiously, when I checked out there was no number OR points on my receipt. When I inquired about it, the desk clerk assured me WHAT I COULD DO TO FIX IT. Sorry, it was your mistake, not mine. YOU should fix it.

I was there three days (two nights), therefore you can imagine I was in and out a bit. I WAS NEVER GREETED AS I PASSED THE DESK. EVEN WHEN I TRIED TO MAKE EYE CONTACT WITH A CLERK WHO WAS BUSY (READING A BOOK).

The front walks were not shoveled. and NO, I hadn't RECENTLY snowed.

I sure was let down, this time.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

WingateAGM, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Helena, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear Trombonegf,

I am so very sorry to hear of your experience at the hotel. I promise this is not the norm for our property or staff, and I will use this as a training opportunity for our staff.
I hope you will give us another try as we promise not to let you down.

If you would like to chat at any point please feel free to contact me at 406-449-3000
Tiffanie
GM
calgary, ab
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Really nice clean rooms. Pool and hot tub was great. Excellent hot breakfast. Good area to walk your dog. Close to the highway but did not hear the noise. Restaurant next door which has good food and service.

Room Tip: Only 6 hours from Calgary a great resting place for on your way south or heading backing from.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Helena? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Wingate by Wyndham Helena

Address: 2007 North Oakes, Lewis & Clark County, Helena, MT 59601
Location: United States > Montana > Helena
#3 Romantic Hotel in Helena
#4 Business Hotel in Helena
#7 Family Hotel in Helena
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Wingate by Wyndham Helena 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Regatta Hotels, Booking.com, Priceline, Wyndham, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Wingate by Wyndham Helena reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wingate By Wyndham Helena Hotel Helena

If you own or manage Wingate by Wyndham Helena, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.