“A great local find!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 138 Restaurants in Helena
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Description: Steve's Café is a "Casual Cafe in the Heart of Montana".We want to invite you to our Breakfast and Lunch Café, where we hope you will feel comfortable and relaxed. Our goal is: “to serve the finest food with the best crew, in a comfortable and casual family atmosphere”. We want to earn the right to be your favorite breakfast and lunch Café.We hope to see you soon! Steve and Penny
Toronto, Canada
“A great local find!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We were driving thru and needed to find a place for lunch. We always prefer local, one off restaurants, if we can find them. This time we lucked out. The parking lot was full. Inside we discovered the place humming with locals, busy eating and socializing. It took only a few minutes to be seated. Staff was very helpful, attentive, and efficient. Food was filling and plentiful. I had the 'Chicken Apple Sausage and Two Eggs'..lovely, unusual sausage! This would be my preference over any fast food chain.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Temecula, California
“Mother's Day breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

The food was great and there was so much. the people were so nice. It was wonderful and the snow flurries were great too. my breakfast was big enough for two

Visited May 2014
Missoula, Montana
“Good cafe with a high price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

Good food but a little pricey for what you get. Hey is a cafe not a bistro to or a dinner house. Lunch for two plan on $25 minimum. Good service. I would have gave it a higher star if not the price.

“Rude customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I have never experienced worse customer service. My husband and I went to eat breakfast the night after our wedding and the waitress was so rude we contemplated walking out before we got our food. She was so annoyed by having to tell us about the special she could barely spit it out with the snide look she had on her face. We asked for a side of creamer and she acted like we had just asked her to go out of her way, in a big way. Our drinks never got re-filled and our food took 45 minutes although they had less than five customers. I work in the restaurant industry and I would absolutely not act like the customer is being intrusive for asking for something he/she wants. The food is over priced and the quality wasn't much better. We will not be back to this cafe.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Coxsackie, New York
“Worth the walk”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I was staying at the Holiday Inn downtown and tired of the Quarry breakfast. Front desk agent suggested Steve's. I knew there was one very far away but a 20 minute walk down 6th to Montana was worth it. Had their home made sausage and eggs breakfast. Servers were personable, friendly and the place was busy.

• Visited March 2014