“Excellent Guiding experience” 5 of 5 stars

406.431-5089
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Thanks for visiting us at Montana Fishing Outfitters, we are here to help you make your Montana fly fishing trip come to reality. We consider ourselves Montana’s Most Unique Guide Service because we offer top-notch angling adventures with our team of professional fly fishing guides throughout Montana. From our home water, the trout-filled Missouri River in central Montana, to the fabled Bighorn River in eastern Montana to the picturesque Yellowstone River in Paradise Valley, we get around. MFO takes pride in putting together your dream Montana fly fishing trip, whether it is float fishing one of our many famous blue-ribbon rivers or wade fishing a secret stream you’ve never heard of before. We also love to have fun out on the water with our anglers – we think fly fishing is about spending quality time in beautiful places with good people. We love what we do, and we want to share it with you.
Toronto
5 attraction reviews
“Excellent Guiding experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I had four different locations over 2 weeks in Montana I needed Guides for and Garrett and Pat of MFO were able to fill the ticket with great guides, and everything went smoothly. All guides got me into great fish, and were very helpful and patient with relatively new fly fisher. I will be back as Montana is spectacular, and the fishing is great

Visited July 2013

Ketchum, Idaho
“EXCELLENT EXPERIENCE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We just spent three days of incredible fishing on the Missouri with Garrett. His knowledge of the fish, of the river, and his ability to instruct from morning until evening with a great sense of humor and never-ending patience was unforgettable and very much appreciated. This is my third trip out of Craig with my mother, with different guides, and we both feel this was the best experience we have had yet, mostly due to Garrett. In fact, we have booked him for next year to teach us more about the Missouri, and also the Yellowstone and Madison!

Visited July 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Most fun you can have with waders and long-johns on!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

If you can follow basic instructions and can tell your left from your right you are going to catch a lot of fish. I still have no idea how they know exactly where the fish are but they put you right in the middle of it. You'll even get some help from the oars if your cast isn't perfect. Add that to very patient instruction from Pat on technique and by lunch you are ready for the cover of Outside Magazine (or at least facebook).

Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“amazing guides and experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I had never gone fly fishing before. Garret and Pat took me and my two friends on a full day experience that flashed by in what seemed like minutes. They got us out and catching fish immediately, no time wasted. Amazing instruction, artful navigation of the mighty missouri, and ninja-like knowledge of the fish locations. These guys are beyond expert classification in all facets of fly fishing. Too boot, they're fun and full of knowledge of all things montana (e.g., including rich detailed history of lewis and clark). It was an epic experience. Highly recommend.

Boston, Massachusetts
“The only way to fish the Mo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

I just returned from my 6th float of the Mo with Garrett and as always it was a unique and incredible fishing experience. Absolutely the most knowledgable guide on the river and one of my favorite people in the world to hang out with for a day. I brought along two first time anglers on a day that started out with 5" of fresh snow, but Garrett and Pat got them hooked up on some great fish and they both agreed it was the highlight of their Montana trip.