“Nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Vancouver, Washington
“Nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

The hotel is only a year or two old so the room was in excellent shape. The room was quite. There is a supermarket and several places to eat within one block of the hotel. The hotel is located a block off of I-15 with real easy access.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
IHG3170, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Helena, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
We are glad you liked our hotel and enjoyed your stay with us.
Yes we opened June of last year and have really enjoyed everyone who has stayed with us.
We are close to several popular stores and restaurants which is convenient for
guests who stay with us most within walking distance.
We hope that you return to us when you are next in Helena and thank you
for choosing us, we appreciate it.

Rosemary

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Last minute check in as a priority club member. So I was not able to get a king suite. The double queen was still nice, but no refrigerator. I was on the third floor with a room that faced the mall. It wAs quite and faced away from the morning sun. Also the laundry room was on the third floor--$1 to wash, $1 to dry. Everything was clean and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast was free. Standard fare--stay away from the gravey and eggs. For the best breakfast ever, go down the street to Steve's Cafe. This hotel is located near all the shopping in Helena. This hotel is recommended.

• Stayed October 2012
IHG3170, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Helena, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel.
As a priority club member we thank you for your loyalty to our brand and choosing to stay with us, I am sorry that we were unable to accommodate your request for a king suite at the time. Most of our guests really enjoy our breakfast especially the biscuits and gravy but I am happy that you love Steve's Breakfast Cafe, they serve wonderful 'homemade' breakfasts and Montana's famous Huckleberry Pancakes.
Once again thank you for staying with us, we hope to see you again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

The staff greeting us when we came in was wonderful.
Got us signed up for HIE priority program (the previous Holiday Inn in Billings never even asked).
The room was really nice and very clean. The hotel itself was convenient and I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed October 2012
We are happy that you liked our hotel, we hope that you felt valued as a guest and enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for becoming a Priority Club member and for signing up with us. I am sure that you will enjoy the benefits of the program in the years to come - 'Our points never expire'.
We hope to see you again in the future and thank you for your review of our hotel.

SEATTLE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stayed for a college weekend, and found the HIE quite comfortable, and good value. It's in an uninspiring part of town, i.e., it's unlikely you'll find much to do around the hotel itself. And, there aren't really any views to speak of (esp. if you're on the west side of the building, in which you'll have an excellent view of.... the back of the Shopko building!)

It is, however, very convenient to I-15 and the airport, and since it doesn't take too long to zip around Helena, it does make a good base camp for activities in the city.

that said, it's clean, very spacious and comfortable, and the staff are quite helpful.

The pool was a bit on the cool side, but refreshing, nonetheless.

Breakfast was good - the "usual" offerings, but certainly fine.

So, if you want atmosphere and a "user experience," this isn't the hotel for you. But if you want a clean, comfortable room for good value, this is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: west side - you'll be looking at the back of the next-door building
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to review our hotel.
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and our facilities.
This part of town is aspiring to be the 'New Helena' with new businesses coming into town and hopefully will have more stores and restaurants in the future.
It is convenient for the aiport and the freeway without the 'noise' of either and we hope you continue to choose our hotel for any other future visits.
Once again thank you for your business, we appreciate you!

Antwerp, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stayed at this property with a family of 4 and had a nice stay. The room was exactly what we had asked for, quiet and on the top floor. Room was very big and had every amenity we needed. Breakfast was very good with plenty of choice. Only a few toddlers that annoyed us terribly, but I can only blame the parents for this...
The area seems to be in a sort of construction phase, not the nicest neighbourhood right now, but I guess in a few years it will look completely different. Location is very convenient close to the highway.
Negative? At check in the people just before us were greeted as club members with a small packet, nothing special, but a nice touch. I'm a member as well but nothing was given or said to me. I stayed at 3 other HIE on our 3 weeks trip and this was the only hotel that forgot about this. Not shocking of course, but still... Apart from that, staff was efficient and friendly. This hotel is definitely worth staying while in Helena!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
IHG3170, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Helena, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you for your positive review of your stay with us.
I am glad that your room was comfortable and you enjoyed your breakfast.
We hope that the hospitality you received compared with Europe and we hope to see you
again if you travel this way.
I am sorry that as a valued Priority Club Member you was not greeted as one and that you did not receive your 'goody bag'.
On your reservation there was not an indication that you were a member and because of your disappointment we have changed the way we look at our daily reservations. We are now checking every reservation to see if they are Priority Club members so we do not disappoint any other members. Thank you for that particular comment.
We value all our guests and Priority Club Members in particular for their loyalty.

Evans, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I've been trying to find time to review this place for months. After several trips to Helena in the past year, this place single-handedly renewed my faith in Holiday Inn. It has a great lodgy type feel in the lobby and the front desk staff are just great people. The rooms are clean and nicely appointed. My only knock on this and other hotels in this class is the breakfast. It's okay, but not great--there's only so much you can do with a microwave and toaster oven (I have no idea how their kitchens are equipped, I'm just sayin' no one will confuse the food for excellent). It's just enough to get you going. The coffee is pretty darn good though. The hotel is new, and I love new. The Buffalo Wild Wings is nice to have right out the front door, but it gets old after a couple of days. There are several nice restaurants and a grocery store (and even a Macy's!) less than five minutes away. There is also a Costco which is one of my guilty pleasures. Don't buy much while traveling--just like to go there--go figure. Anyway, this place is several minutes from the airport so no worries there either. I don't know if there is road construction still going on or not, but it doesn't matter--give it a shot. You will not be disappointed by this property.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
IHG3170, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Helena, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write your review of our hotel.
We are very pleased that your your experience with us was a positive one and thank you for being loyal to our brand.
Our breakfast is always trying to improve and guest comments are the only way we can monitor and see where you would like improvements. As a brand we can only serve certain products and here at The Holiday Inn Express Helena we serve every choice our brand has to offer.
Thank you for staying with us we appreciate you.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

Room 212 with two elevators, an ice machine and a soda machine on the other side of the wall from your head on the pillow. Yup, since I requested in my reservation the top floor away from the elevator the hotel put me on the middle floor right next to the fun noise making machines (sarcasm a result from listening to ice buckets being filled and busy kids riding up and down the elevator to the closed pool...chemical issues). After I got the check in staff members attention - yes he managed to take two forms of ID from me and a credit card yet not check me in as he was so distracted by random things - I wondered if this was his first day on the job. His robotic "I'm sorry" response to my question about being put in the opposite type room from what I requested was topped by a later exchange with another front desk clerk who's answer to every question was "I'm sorry" whether it was an appropriate response or not...apparently, they have been instructed to simply utter "I'm sorry" instead of trying to address the issue at hand.

Needless to say I'll never be coming back to the Holiday Inn Express in Helena, Montana.

I'm sorry... I just expect better service ;)

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
IHG3170, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Helena, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
As a valued guest at our hotel I was disappointed to read that your stay was not enjoyable.

Your feedback will be used as a training tool for our front desk staff and to improve our customer service and problem solving skills.
At the time of your reservation there was not any available rooms on the 3rd floor and your room was 1 of only 3 left on that date and the night of the 7th August we sold out.
We apologize that we were unable to fulfill your request.

Our pool operation is subject to requirements of the city of Helena and for guest safety if our pool chemicals are not in balance as stated by law we have to close our pool.

We want all our guests to be comfortable and have a good experience and your candid review is appreciated. We will take your comments and work on the areas that we need to improve on hope that you may give Holiday Inn Express Helena another chance in the future.

Rosemary

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Helena? Share your experiences!