“Very clean, very modern, would definitely come back here” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Helena
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Very clean, very modern, would definitely come back here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at Comfor Suites. It's about one road away from the busier area of Helena so it is not noisy at night. The rooms are very clean and spacious and modern. The bed was extremely comfortable. The breakfast was limited, but what you'd expect from this kind of hotel breakfast buffet - so it did the trick. The staff is very nice and helpful, they even called up shortly after I checked in to make sure I had everything I needed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jeff L, Manager at Comfort Suites Helena, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
We look forward to you coming back and staying with us again. I have shared yoiur comments with our staff. We always try to improve and make your stays the very best.
Thanks you

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Big Sky, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

This hotel is very new. Rooms: The beds are very comfortable. Nice linens. The towels are also nice and there were plenty (I hate when hotels put 2 towels in the room). Good lighting and counter space in the bathroom. The shower was "okay". Not great water pressure and the shower didn't work on all the settings but it was fine and nothing that would make me not stay there again. I didn't care for the toiletries in the room; ladies, I'd pack my own shampoo/conditioner/lotion. The products in the room are bottom of the barrel. BUT: I was very pleased that they participate in a program where the products left in the room are recycled to those in need; EXCELLENT.
Everything else you need: huge flat screen, microwave, coffee, fridge, ample desk space, tons of plugs for all your electronics, free wi-fi. The heater was loud when it kicked on, and you can hear a bit of traffic noise from the highway. I could also hear the guests in the stairwell (I was on the end) but surprisingly I didn't hear a thing on the other side, above or below me.

The lobby is very nice with a very friendly staff. Two computers for you to use. Cookies in the early evening. Coffee/hot tea all the time. Breakfast area was clean and large, and the worker was VERY SWEET. Free newspapers (plenty of them- dont have to fight over 7 papers). Food was good. Here's the best thing: they had HLN on the tv. I am so sick of breakfast areas who set their TVs on "political" channels like MSNBC or FOX News. I usually don't stay there again. So, way to go Comfort Suites! Smart move.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the great feedback regarding our property. We have checked the shower control and a small minor adjustment has been made thank you for the information. We certainly look forward to you coming back and spending more time with my great and friendly staff.
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I stayed here the night before having a very early flight out of the Helena airport. It is very close to the airport (less than 5 mins) and they have a free airport shuttle. The hotel rooms were huge and very modern looking. It's very tough to find a better room for the price. Because of my short stay and early check-out, I didn't have a chance to try any of the amenities. The staff was very friendly and the next time I'm flying out of Helena I will definitely be staying here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the kind words regarding our property we certainly want to meet everyones expectations and do even more. We look forward to your next visit so you can go beyond your expectations.
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights with my wife and daughter. Very friendly staff ans extremely helpful. My wife had to do a little work on her laptop but forgot her charger. A staff member (Stanley?) managed to find one for her. That's exceptional service. Indoor pool was great. I used the fitness facilities and it was great - good machines. Hot breakfast was great. Rooms were quite spacious. I like the room partition as it allowed my 2 year old to sleep on the sofa bed without being distrbed. Bathroom was a good size. Wifi is a plus- I am writing this now using it. So any outlets for your electronic devices! Most hotels have like one or 2 plugs and we have to travel with a powerbar. But this room has so many - and the desk has 2 usb ports. Bed was very comfortable. We had a great stay and will be back.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Jeff L, General Manager at Comfort Suites Helena, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
I am so glad that you were able to stay with us over the holidays and had such a great stay. We try so hard to make sure that we offer a great hotel and at a huge dollar value. We look forward to you staying with us agin and look forward to seeing your daughter again she was great.
Bozeman, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We had two rooms here this past week and based on the value for the price, this is out new top choice for Helena lodging. Both rooms were king mini-suites - small partition separating the bed area from the seating / work area. Comfortable night's rest, and a reasonable breakfast in the morning. Granite countertops, nice shower, in-room safe, etc.

Only a few wishes for improvement. There's no place to hang up your bulky winter coats ... the wall at the entry would be perfect, but no hooks. The flatscreen TV could have received HD broadcasts, but received a standard signal... and the wall mount did not allow it to swivel towards the bed or towards the sofa. The air unit for the room was pretty odd... it blows either warm air or frigid air to get the desired temperature, seeming incapable of blowing some reasonable approximation to the thermostat setting. We'd be comfortable in bed, and then the thermostat decided the room was too warm and we'd have ice cold air blowing on us until the temp dropped. Then, as the room cooled in the night, hot air would blast out until the room came back to temperature. For the price, I can't really complain though.

Convenient location off the new interchange and next to a Town Pump with car wash... and across from the Costco. Easy access to all of Helena.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I greatly appreciate your feedback regarding hooks, sometimes we forget about the small things. We will in the near future be adding those to our rooms for our guests. Once again thank you and look forward to seeing you again.
New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Very comfy, modern, and quite new hotel, breakfast was just fine, in a good location as far as restaurants and shopping is concerned. We were just passing through Helena, and it worked perfectly for us. Very good value too.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Jeff L, General Manager at Comfort Suites Helena, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
We were very glad to make your stop passing through Helena a great one. We certainly love to hear as to how we are making your stay a comfortable one and one with great value. Thank you.
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This hotel is fairly new, the room was large and very nice. Modern fixtures and very clean. The breakfast is included and was good, including scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, pastries, fruit, yogurt and more. we had such a great stay that we have already booked a room for our trip back home in a week!

One thing we found to be a great bonus is the Costco right across the street which was very handy for filling up on gas.

Room Tip: We stayed on the main floor for convenience but had a room right beside the main lobby and front ent...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Jeff L, Manager at Comfort Suites Helena, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
We love to hear that you enjoyed your stay , the next one will be even better.

Been to Comfort Suites Helena? Share your experiences!