“WOW - great place, rooms, pool, outdoor BBQ and firepit” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #3 of 22 hotels in Helena
“WOW - great place, rooms, pool, outdoor BBQ and firepit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Had a business meeting in Helena and Kids were out on spring break so they came with. Hotel was nice, had all we needed and the kitchen area was a great add. However, was a bit small for 2 adults and three children. They do not have rollaway beds so we were all a bit cramped. The most energetic person we met was the great lady providing the breakfast - Wow, friendly, energetic and wonderful person. Night desk staff seemed more interested in watching TV in the main area or hiding in the office. Really seemed put off that I asked questions, needed a towel, etc. The location is a bit far from town, but easy to get where you wanted. Would definately recommend and may come back again someday.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

149 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stayed 5 nights at this hotel for a second time. Because of tripadvisor policy I had to wait 90 days to leave review (from my December Visit). Which I disagree with as I travel often and places I really like (Like this Hotel) I go back to on my 2nd and 3rd iterations with business. Anyway, back to the hotel. Just like my other review there was no change in personal, expectations and quality of stay. I enjoyed the exercise room more and the pool and jacuzzi this trip compared to the last. The internet is good, the meals at night are and added bonus along with the free breakfast. I highly recommend this place in Helena and will always come back! Special shout out to Ashely who was very observant and prompt with my wake up calls! Thanks for reading and a video on youtube channel.

RetiredArmyRANGER

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Butte, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Though our stray was brief, I cannot say enough about this gorgeous hotel. Thoughtful touches abound, from locally-sourced artwork in the hallways and guest rooms, to one of the most welcoming lobbies I've seen in Montana. The hotel was clearly designed for the long-term-stay business traveler, but was equally appreciated by our party, staying just 1 night. The room is cozy, warm, tastefully designed, and feels much more like an apartment than a hotel room. The Paul Mitchell hair care products were a nice touch in the bath. Our only disappointment - noisy neighbors (not the hotels' fault!) and no ear plugs available from the front desk (we forgot ours!).
This is my new favorite Helena hotel, and I would recommend it to anyone! Great value at a reasonable rate.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

It is a cookie cutter residence Inn, but it is clean, new and comfortable. I would definitely stay here again. The two downsides are 1) location. there is nothing within walking distance so you will either need to use the shuttle or have a car to do/eat anything. On the bright side it is very close to the airport! 2) It can be noisy. there appear to be a number of 'early morning' contractors staying at this property so as early as 3/4 AM the water is running and doors are opening/closing.
The staff is great. they make you feel at home. coffee is available 24/7 and there are light snacks/dinner as well as breakfast each day.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We spent 10 days at this Residence Inn. It was the first time we had visited the area and also the first time we had reserved a family suite. It was great! Friendly staff and beautiful location. Only nice things to say about this hotel.

Room Tip: This type of hotel attracts families with small children. To avoid the pitter patter of little feet...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Great Falls, Montana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We spent the night at the Helena Residence Inn just before Christmas this year. We brought our 23 month old and 7 week old daughters. The room was wonderful! The television swung around to face tv or bed and having a full small kitchen was very helpful (we had milk with us etc). Very comfortable for all of us. Pool is excellent, the toddler area was perfect for our daughter to splash around and play. Lobby has a nice assortment of building blocks/crayons/games so that kids can be entertained. Breakfast was excellent as well - good variety of food and they brought crayons and paper out for our daughter - which meant we got to drink our coffee in peace. I would highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: It is a fairly new hotel - all the rooms are probably nice. We had a king suite -- perfect for us...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Stayed 5 nights at this hotel and the stay was flawless. From the first evening of check in with Ashley at the front desk. To the nightly wake up call requests, christie, during my entire trip, night shift. The staff executed flawlessly and I wanted to recognize the few names I came across. This hotel staff is the best I have seen all year. I travel over 40% a year, so I have some experience here. Stephanie, the day manager?, settled an issue for two of our team employees. The issue was availability and room rate for a return trip in February. Stephanie was able to make changes and keep our team together for our return trip. Other great employees of this hotel were the housekeeping and breakfast staff, didn't get their names. Lastly, THe owner of the establishment walked the dining area one evening during the Social and explained her mission to us was simple in our conversation. "Clean and friendliest Hotel" in Helena. After hearing that, and my recent stay, I will say "Mission Accomplished". The hotel and grounds are newer, hotel built around 2 years ago, and everything worked well. It was quiet and I got great sleep. Can't say enough good things, and wouldn't even try to stay somewhere else. NO Contest. Thanks for reading and a video on the YouTube channel.

Pros:

- Staff, Staff, Staff

- Location, Location, Location
- Everything!

Cons:

- I couldn't find any!

RetiredArmyRANGER

Marriott Platinum Rewards Member

Room Tip: Stay near the stairs and top floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Helena? Share your experiences!