“A Touch of the Middle East in Helena” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 139 Restaurants in Helena
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Helena, Montana
“A Touch of the Middle East in Helena”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

In a region known more for its steaks and prime rib, it is a pleasant surprise for the weary traveler, or for life-long residents, to encounter authentic Middle East cuisine in the heart of Helena.
Perhaps best known for their Sunday Brunch, the Med Grill makes that a real treat by combining menu items with a soup-to-dessert buffet offering.
In the evening or at lunch you can taste a wide array of cuisine from all around the Mediterranean.
The wine list is quite extensive and the prices are not exorbitant.
This is one of Helena's better restaurants and if you are looking for a change from the ordinary, you will find the Med Grill's ambiance, selections and service top notch.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Condescending service and and average to poor food.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Where do I start? After being promptly seated (probably the only positive part of our experience) our waiter came to our table after a few minutes. Totally understandable in a busy restaurant; which this was not. Once I was finished reviewing the wine list I decided on a bottle that was also served by the glass to taste. The waiter was offended that I wanted to try a taste first yet couldn't answer any questions I had about wine

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Washington State
“A delicious surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Our family of 4 adults had some of the best food of our lives at thr Mediterranean Grill. Our server was friendly and attentive. We were given a carafe of iced tea. The Lasagna con Pollo, Imam Bayildi, Fettucine con Pollo and my fresh salmon special were all melt-in-your-mouth delicious. We had an appetizer with flatbread and 3 different spreads. The servings were ample and we felt they were worth the price. We only wish we lived closer so we could eat there again!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Westminster, Colorado
“Fantastic food and restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Unexpected find in mid Montana - great, authentic food, reasonably priced. Outdoor patio is a gem on a warm summer evening. go here!

Visited June 2013
rural montana
“Never again!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I am a very patient person having been a server and managing my own business for 30 yrs. But the service here was so un professional I will not go back. We called ahead to see if they could seat 9 of us and arrived to stand and wait for 30 minutes after cking in and they assured us they just had to get another table, after waiting another 15 minutes with 2 infants we sat in a vacant set of tables on the patio and finally helped ourselves to some to go menus we found inside. Another 15 minutes and someone came and gave us our menus with a long explanation of the wines but not once made eye contact or even acted like he cared that we were there. Had I not been with a group I would of left, before this. All this time we were served by the water server twice. Finally someone came to get our drink order and we asked if we could order food also and did. Finally got our food which was good but way overpriced for the quality and service. When we asked for our bill she automatically added on 18% for service? Which I understand is becoming common practice for groups. But for crappy service? I will not be back here again. And next time I may throw a hissy fit! No one should be treated like this. Skip this place, there are better places in Helena.

• Visited July 2013