“Needs A Facelift” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Hardin
Toronto, Canada
“Needs A Facelift”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

This motel takes me back to the 1960s when I went traveling with my parents. Everything about this place is outdated. There are few accommodation choices in Hardin so Rodeway Inn most likely doesn't need to try very hard. We reserved a room with 2 queen beds (for 2 people) and had a great deal of difficulty not tripping over each other and our luggage. WiFi internet was offered, but connection rate was so slow that I couldn't connect to Rodeway but was able to connect to America's Inn situated nearby. The carpeting in our guest room was badly soiled, in need of replacement. The continental breakfast was sparse, hardly worth taking the time to eat there. Poor value for $90 plus tax.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

Good value, clean room, TV, fridge, etc. My kids LOVED the water slide. To them it was the best part of the trip out west (Rushmore, Wounded Knee, Wind Cave, Little Bighorn, Black Hills etc.) Seriously, for the money it was the best value we got in the whole trip. Hardin, the town is depressed and depressing, the kind of place where you can only find fast food.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Wasco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

We rode our motorcycles there thinking it would be a good place to stay. I'm 6'2" and my
feet were hanging off the bed. The pillows had no support unless you doubled them up.
The room cost $181.89. They said it was because Sturgis was going on. We stayed there
Aug.04, 2011. I would not recomend this place to bikers or anyone else.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

I booked a non smoking room with a prepaid guaranteed reservation 6 months in advance and when I registered I was given a smoking room that reeked of tobacco. When I went to the front desk to request a change I was told that rooms were given on a first come, first served basis and my reservation for a non smoking room would not be honored. The woman at the froint desk had a terrible attitude and was very arrogant. She told me tha because I arrived at 4PM my non smoking room was given to someone who arrived earlier. She also told me that all choice hotels had the same policy. Since there were no other rooms available in Hardin because of the annula Custer Day celebration I had to stay there. My wife & I travel extensively throughout the U.S. and Europe and I can easily say that this was the one of the worst lodging experiences we have ever had.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

Located right off I-90, this is a good choice for a simple stay. Of course, you'll need to be OK with a microscopic bathroom, but that's a little thing. Basically clean, but the room had a lingering "old ashtray" smell.

The bed sheets were bright white and clean smelling.

Free Internet was good. A strong signal.

• Stayed July 2011
Spokane, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

We stayed here when it was the American Inn. I made reservations on line and it was the best price for the area at choicehotels.com. We were happily greeted we believe by the manager that lives on site. I gave it high marks because they are currently remodeling and some things still need to be fixed. We pointed them out to her and I think she wanted to hire my husband to fix them. We really liked the couch in the room and she said all the rooms have them. The rug by the bathroom did have a big burn mark by the sink, but the room was very clean and the towels were decent but only one hand towel. The breakfast could have been a bit better, offering only waffles, bread, bagels and muffins to toast. Apple, OJ and coffee to drink.Enough that you wouldn't have to eat out unless you are very picky! Cereal, fruit and yogurt would have been nice. Bed was comfortable and so were the pillows. Again, the front desk person was so very nice and accommodating that we glad we stayed there again. Also, there is a variety of places to eat. Got got Mexican food to go from the place next door and it was pretty good. Better than our last visit in which they had just opened and looks like they have improved in the couple of years since we were there. So, if you are in the area and need a place to stay, you will have a pleasant experience!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Sutter Creek, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2010

For years, over Thanksgiving, I have stayed in the other name brand establishment in Hardin. Their room prices are about twice that of the Rodeway Inn. Over Thanksgiving, the other place lets their staff stay home, so for twice the price you get no cleaned room, clean towels, etc, etc. Rodeway rooms are comfortable and clean. Free internet and a free breakfast room - coffee, tea, juices, toast, bagels, cereals and batter to make hot waffles. Very nice pool in the summer and right up the road from the Custer Battlefield. The staff are all extremely friendly. Very hard to beat for the price.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Rodeway Inn Hardin? Share your experiences!