“Clean, Comfy Bed, Friendly Staff” 4 of 5 stars

You added Magnuson Hotel Hamilton to your Saves list
Magnuson Hotel Hamilton
409 South First Street, Hamilton, MT 59840   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Hamilton
“Clean, Comfy Bed, Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the BW Hamilton for one night on our way from Yellowstone to Glacier and this motel was a GREAT value. Rooms very clean, large bathrooms, bed comfortable and continental breakfast all for a very reasonable price. Very pleased!

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Hamilton, Montana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I'm local and I've stayed here several times. The rooms are nice, though nothing special. They have good internet and plenty of tv channels. I think they are generally overpriced for the area and quality, but not terribly so. The problem I've had with this motel is the management. We had an issue where a couple next to us, continuously complained about noise coming from our room, despite the fact that we were simply watching tv at a normal volume while laying on the bed. We had our door knocked on three times, which I don't appreciate after paying for a room. I discussed it with the manager and was treated as though I'd done something wrong, and she then accused me of smoking in my room. I am a smoker, but I would Never smoke in a motel room. Whenever I smoked I went outside, shut the door to the room and disposed of my cigarette butts in the provided garbage can. The entire experience was enough to put a bad taste in my mouth, and I will not stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

We were visiting family in the area and were barely able to book this hotel so we were grateful to have a place to stay. Our room was decent and everything was clean and in working order except for the carpeting, which was stained dirty. I mentioned it to the concierge and was told that the rug cleaner was not available to shampoo it. The location is on the main drag in Hamilton but 3 blocks away was the river and peaceful neighborhoods to take early morning runs through. Hamilton is in a stunningly beautiful area of the Bitteroot Valley but the view from the room window was of the parking lot. On a happy note the continental breakfast was very good.

Room Tip: The room on the 2nd floor probably have a better view.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Alta, Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

got the last pet friendly room, and it was a large room on the front by the road.., front desk lady was bery nice..

traffic noise was not bad considering it was on the front. beds were comfortable and everything worked fine.... although the shower was a little weird with it going too hot or cold and making a weird shreeking noise. Internet did not work.

probably more like 3.5 stars instead of 4, but we loved Hamilton so much, it was hard to be in a bad mood here.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Santa Rosa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

Stayed here on a friend's recommendation while attending my daughter's wedding in Hamilton. MT. Booked reservation online without any hassles. Arrived at motel and check in was fast and courteous by one of the owners. She was very helpful in directing me to various locations around town that I needed to visit during my stay.
Room was spacious, and clean. Office area and grounds were well maintained.
Bed was large/comfortable and room contained flat screen TV, small fridge/microwave, phone, etc and I had all that I needed. Bed was comfortable and room was quiet and able to be as light or dark as you desired to assure a comfortable sleep, and, it was quiet despite being adjacent to Highway 93.
My only "complaint" would be that for the number of rooms at this place there is inadequate parking for guests. On the evening after my daughter's wedding I returned to the hotel only to find that ALL of the designated spaces in the hotel lot were full. Despite staying here several days there was no guest parking. I had to park my vehicle a block away overnight and walk back to the hotel. When I mentioned it at the desk I was told parking is not designated per room, but rather on a first come first serve basis, meaning that if you are a guest and you leave in your vehicle, they may rent all of the remaining rooms and when you return you may not have a parking space on hotel property.
I personally feel this is unacceptable as there should be at least one space available for each room, and a designated parking space for each room. You have been advised.
Other than that I would recommend this town as a great place to visit, and, the Best Western Hamilton motel as a very pleasant place to stay.

Room Tip: try and make reservations online and well in advance, if possible.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Santa Monica, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

Fast and Friendly check in. Rooms always cleaned and ready for the guest. Stayed here during the summer and winter, and I never had a problem with the room environmental comfort. Breakfast room has ample amount of breakfast items to choose from-fruits, homemade Belgium waffles, fruit juices, coffee, plus other foods. A computer area to check the news and/or road conditions, also stocked with daily newspapers plus a TV with news and weather.
Hamilton is a good town, hotel is close to casinos, movie theaters, restaurant and bars, across the street, a block or two away, a super market, and a great diner called the "Coffee Cup Cafe" great for a good American made breakfast - good Spaghetti meat sauce for lunch. The town has a California vibe to it without the terrible car drivers, the friendly waitress at the diner had tattoos and pink hair. Visited the local brewery, buy Bitter Root beer (also in the local super market) to taste and support the local flavors. 5 minute drive to the river. Nightlife is okay, a few bars close together to bar hop, each bar had pool tables, music, and a different local vibes (locals only, bikers/rockers, a bigger-younger crowd) and some have mini-casinos with video poker etc.. all within walking distance from the hotel. Banks/ATMs, Huge K-mart, fast food restaurants, local festivals at the park (live music), spectacular view of the mountains, fresh clean air, mountain spring water..overall, a great stay each time!

• Stayed March 2010
Spokane Valley, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2009

The ladies who work at this motel were exceptionally helpful and friendly. In cold weather, we prefer a motel with "indoor" rooms and indoor access to the lobby, but this lobby is separate from the rooms. There is no indoor pool and the jacuzzi was only accessible by going outside in very cold weather. However, they upgraded our room which was very quiet and comfortable. The room had a couple of minor annoyances, but nothing major. We stayed 2 nights and enjoyed it very much. We would go there again. The price was very reasonable. The continental breakfast was very nice and the room cozy. and you can have coffee or tea anytime. There is a computer available for use.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Magnuson Hotel Hamilton? Share your experiences!