“Don't Judge This Book by its Cover!” 4 of 5 stars

Greystone Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   621 Central Ave., Great Falls, MT 59401   |
Ranked #16 of 29 Hotels in Great Falls
Edmonton, Canada
“Don't Judge This Book by its Cover!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

There were many things we enjoyed about the Greystone Inn. The general manager was very friendly and helpful in all aspects, whether is was regarding something she could provide us for the stay or making phone calls to specific stores to enquire about their hours of operation. She even gave us information (i.e. websites) regarding some of the amazing decor she had purchased.

The price definitely was right and fresh coffee first thing in the morning. We don't expect this to be our last visit to this place.

Please, do not judge this book by its cover!

Room Tip: Choose room 215. LOVE that sink! You need to see it to appreciate it. Even though this room is just...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Lethbridge, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We spent 2 nights at the Greystone Inn. The hotel is an old small town family owned property. They have hard to remodel the inside. The outside is showing it's age - but the front sign says it is to be remodeled soon.The room is clean and very comfortable. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back - ours was on the front and it was noisy at night.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Lethbridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

It really seems like this place has tried really hard to update an old dumpy hotel. It's admittedly a lot of superficial things like paint, fake wood floors, sheets and decorations, but I appreciated it for sure. Things that are a little harder to update like the swirly 80's walls and ceiling and the green tub and toilet were still there, but I didn't mind. The shower was hot and had good water pressure, the bed was comfy, and there was a nice flat screen tv. There was a 10% discount for Canadian Travelers, so the one queen bed room was only about $55.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

this turned out to be a hidden find. Reading the mixed reviews we decided t o still book. A good decision, a little hard to find ie GPS showed the Greystone as 1/2 block away we just continued to drive and found it. Initial appeared to be run down but as sign said renovations for summer 2012. We had requested a renovated room and it was great, stone 7 brick walls,timber floor etc. Beds were soft with 7 pillows to choose from. Lots of security cameras 24/7 and lobby manned 24/7. Staff very helpful & offered all asssistance even offered to carry bags. Has an elevator to upper floors

Room Tip: ask for renovated room until all of motel is finished
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Missoula, Montana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

I had thought I found a great place for about $70. When I got there the outside was not what I was expecting but when I got inside the people were great and the room looked great. I will not deny that the room had great decor. But under closer inspection I found a wad of hair in the tub basin, I also found hair under the pillows, found that the tissues in the tissue box were re-stuffed in there and that weren't any sort of conditioner and just one bar of soap. I was there for just a night so I decided to just sleep in the chairs, because clearly the staff cut corners cleaning and restocking this room. When I brought all this to the person at the front desk what did she do, she took my keys and told me to have a nice day. I was soo disgusted with my checkout service that I just left. I know there are many positive reviews for this inn. But it also seems that the negative ones all mention the lack of cleanliness, and if you looking into staying at hotel/inn the last thing you want to be worried about is the bed clean enough to sleep on.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Edmonton, AB. Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Booking.Com has this thrid world country "hotel" rated as a five star, most of the windows are covered with plywood, had a reservation throught Booking ,Com and cancelled same as I entered the parking lot, went in and told clerk I was cancelling with out seeing room. This would not rate as a 4 star anywhere in North America, moral of story do not even pull up Booking.com as they are selling pure gargbage. Sad to see they will do anything for a $$$$

Room Tip: Book throught a reputable on line service, and make sure your credit card is not charged until you s...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Great Falls, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

My wife and I moved to Montana this summer and reserved a room at the Greystone. We were more than pleased about the customer service given, and our room was very nice and updated, with lots of ammenities like Free Coffee and "our favorite" Free Hi Speed WiFi! We loved staying at the Greystone so much that after trying to get a home rental that didn't pan out, we did not hesitate to come back to the Greystone. After all it is quiet, clean, safe and very affordable. The dog at the front desk "Zachary", well... he is special and loving and makes it just that much more of a friendly place to stay. You have to meet him, you'll fall in love. While in Great Falls, MT we will ALWAYS stay at the Greystone Inn!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Greystone Inn? Share your experiences!