“Never Again!!!!!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 29 hotels in Great Falls
Medicine Hat, Canada
“Never Again!!!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We Went down to Great falls for the weekend! Just for a little shopping and night life. Stayed our first night at the comfort inn, which was good, just a little off the main road. another customer told us that the Townhouse Inn was good! So Like fools we trucked off over there, room cost $150.00. we were ok with that because we thought it was going to be really nice. and everything was right there. we should have looked!!!!!!!!! Big sign out side said Casino? RESTAURANT??????? At that price we figure got to be good!!! WRONG!!!!!! I even gave up my smoking room for this!! Hallways were dirty and old looking! Opened the door to the room a big stain on the rug was the first thing we saw. defiantly not the cleanest place I have ever stayed. Taps were all spotted and dirty. The hair in the tub NOT MINE!!!! decided to suck it up!!! We thought we would go grab a bit to eat, trudged though the dungeons to the non existing restaurant! Stopped at the casino, starting to feel more and more ripped off. Sat at a machine ordered our drinks and found out the drinks were double the price of the casino's we were in the night before. We left and found a lot of nice casino's, and enjoyed our evening. When we returned I went out the back entrance by our room to have smoke. The desk staff were awesome and put me there to be close to a door for smoking., when I got out side there was a whole lot of men out there with a barbeque and beer hanging out at the door. It was a work crew I think partying back there. I was
uncomfortable, my husband doesn't smoke and I was alone and went right back in. bottom line I did not even get to have my smoke!!! Got up in the morning a high tailed it out of there was not even going to attempt to set ourselves up for another disappointment by having their free breakfast. I was not giving this place another second of my time!!! The only thing nice about it was the lady at the front desk! Our stay wasn't worth 50 cents

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Steve W, General Manager at Great Falls TownHouse Inn, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Mercedes M,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us here on TripAdvisor. We are disappointed to hear that your experience with us did not live up to your expectations and would like to extend our sincerest apologies. I have spoken with the appropriate departments and persons regarding your comments to ensure these items are corrected.

Again, we appreciate you taking the time to share information regarding your recent stay with us, as all feedback helps us to ensure that our guests future experiences with us are seamless and enjoyable.

If you have any questions or comments in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me using the information provided below.

132 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed here for one night on the weekend of the Montana State Fair. We were unaware at the time that the state fair was on. The check in staff informed of this fact and offered us a complimentary taxi to and from the fair. We had a great time at the fair and it was one of the highlights of our holiday, this made up for the fact that although the rooms were very clean, we felt that they were dated and tired and in need of some renovation. However, the breakfasts were excellent, with a good selection, so if you want cheap clean but 1970's style accommodation , stay here, but if you require all mod cons stay elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hi HollySmit,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. Our staff strives to make every guests stay exceptional and I am delighted to see they contributed to one of the highlights of your vacation. We hope to see your family again the next time your travels bring you to Montana.

Gardiner, Montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

As others have stated, this is a very old facility in a convenient location that has undergone obvious renovations. Our room seemed to be more updated than was the remainder of the facility. Our room was clean and comfortable. The bed was comfortable with crisp sheets and the towels were soft and white. Our room was very quiet even though the rooms around us appeared to be full. We were upstairs in a corner room that appears to at one time to have been a room that opened directly to the parking lot. Now, there is an added atrium of sorts keeping all of the rooms "inside". There were no rooms across the hall, just the view through the atrium to the parking lot. One of the reasons we chose this property, in addition to the inexpensive room, was the guest laundry. The two washers and two dryers worked well, but, the washer agitators are in need of a thorough cleaning. The breakfast room is large, the food is typical for an expanded continental breakfast, and the attendant did an exceptional job keeping things filled, cleaned, etc. The hot tub was out of order and we did not use the pool, but, it was full during its opened hours. I recommend you ask for a room away from the pool unless you will use it. It is open until 11pm and the sound echoes through the large room that surrounds the pool. I stepped into the casino and tried my luck until I quickly lost my budgeted $5.00. I'm not a big gambler but others there seemed to be enjoying the many video gambling machines. The large room around the pool was very dark and dreary with an air hockey game and carnival games of chance. Carpets throughout the halls and large public areas are very old and dingy. If you simply need a clean inexpensive room or if you have children who want a pool and game room to release some travel energy, stay here. If you want a modern, bright, facility, go elsewhere.

Hello Relaxandtravel200,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to let us know how it was. I am delighted that you found your room to be clean and comfortable and your overall stay enjoyable. I will pass along the items notated to the necessary departments for follow up and thank you for letting us know of these problems. We hope the next time you are in Great Falls we get the chance to serve you once again.

Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We are staying overnight for one night and I guess it's ok...although I've had better for less at Red Roof Inn. I feel like the pics I looked at online were waaay better than the place. It's an old 2 story motel that used to have outside doors to the rooms, that they have added "building" to the outter part to make it look newer. It is still old with improvements done. The pool and hot tub were mediocre and the "arcade" they say they have is really just a few "claw games" for the kids and 2 video games. These you have to find when you walk to the pool which is just past the Casino and slots people are playing on one side and a loud bunch having a Poker game going with a dealer we saw thru the open door on the other beside the pool. We had to find stairway G to our room and its near a maint entrance and smoking area for employees. As well a company parks all its trucks around the sides and back and you will enjoy seeing the guys with drinks and smokes hanging out near them (kinda worried about the car actually out there overnight)
In the room it's clean in the living area and spacious. Wifi is ok in it. BUt the bathroom is small and I am really trying to look past the random hairs on the back of the door once I closed it and more the ones that aren't ours in the bathtub, (I'll be running the shower for a while in the morning)
Oh and my guess is that they are renting out rooms to people to live here short term. One room seen had a computer, printer and other home things in it. Things you wouldn't see in a person staying even a week on vacation. As well I heard people by pool talking about getting a job and reading classifieds in the area. I may be wrong but as a guest that was my first thought

Room Tip: possibly avoid facing pool
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Steve W, General Manager at Great Falls TownHouse Inn, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
You are a valued customer and we really appreciate your candid feedback. We apologize for falling short of your expectations. I am happy to discuss your disappointments in person so we can learn and make changes based on your comments. Please let us know if you'd like to speak further. We hope you will give us another chance the next time your travels take you to Great Falls.

Glenwood
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Rooms were old and in need of remodel. Clean but............just shabby, start to finish. Hosts at the front desk were pleasant. It's downtown and typical of an older facility that's been renovated a time or two but in need of another face lift. The price was about right because we got it through an on-line sight that said it was equivalent to a La Quinta. It's at least 2 grades below any La Quinta I've stayed in. If you're just needing to get the least expensive room in town, without being worried about the environment, this location will work. If you want something a little fresher you might want to keep looking.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Steve W, General Manager at Great Falls TownHouse Inn, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback. Your constructive criticism is valued, and it is one of the best ways for us to understand how we can enhance your guest experience in the future. Your comments will be passed along , and I will relay your thoughts about renovation to our upper management.

McPherson, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Room was clean and OK, but you needed to pay attention to the map to find it. Jammed parking in a good location. So if you get a good parking spot, do you drive away for food? I didn't like this place but give it a 3 since the room was clean. If you're going for a one night deal too, it's OK.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Steve W, General Manager at Great Falls TownHouse Inn, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Hi Mike,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. While I am happy you found our hotel to have a great location and your room very clean, I am sorry to see that you do not prefer the design of our hotel. I will pass along your thoughts to our management team and thank you once again for your review.

Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Older but very well maintained, great staff and nice breakfasts. Lots of building access points.
Nothing exceptional but good value and convenient. No elevator so we stayed on the first floor and did not notice any noise from above.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Steve W, General Manager at Great Falls TownHouse Inn, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Hi Eileen,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and can't wait to see you again!

Steve Walker

Been to Great Falls TownHouse Inn? Share your experiences!