“Great Hotel for the Price!!” 4 of 5 stars

Great Falls TownHouse Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1411 10th Avenue South, Great Falls, MT 59405   |
Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Great Falls
Calgary
“Great Hotel for the Price!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

We stayed at this hotel May 31 to June 3. I wasn't sure what to expect as I read a couple bad reviews, but kept an open mind. We thought the hotel was great!! You have to remember it is a 2.5 star so if you are expecting 5 star than maybe this hotel is not for you. Check in was quick and friendly. Lots of free parking close to your room. Our room was clean and the bed was really comfortable. We had a fridge and microwave in our room. Yes the hotel did smell like chlorine, but the pool was in the center of the hotel so of course there will be that odor. We went in the jacuzzi and had a swim - nothing wrong with the facilities. There were a lot of kids roaming around staying at the hotel, but that is to be expected at an economy hotel. The hot breakfast that was included in the price was fine. What more can you ask for - eggs, bacon, biscuits, gravy, make your own waffles, fruit, juice, pastries, milk, muffins, cereal, yogurt and a couple other things I'm sure I'm forgetting!! There is a little lounge with VLT machines that if throw a few bucks in the machine you get free beer or highballs and even if you don't happy hour was buy one drink get one free and the drink was only 2.75. Plus the mall was right across the street and there were a ton of restaurants within walking distance also. After driving around I felt this hotel is most convenient for shopping, restaurants, etc. We plan to stay here again.

Room Tip: I felt all the rooms are convenient, but maybe if you don't want some kids running by as much re...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
ScottArensmeyer, Manager at Great Falls TownHouse Inn, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Thank you for your well thought out review. We appreciate that you gave us a chance to show you what a great hotel we are and are happy you plan to stay with us again.

Sincerly,

Scott Arensmeyer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Helena, MT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for two weeks in May of 2012. The staff was always friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and spacious. We loved the complimentary breakfast AND delicious soup that they serve nightly. The soup is soooo good!

I personally love the pool area and don't mind the mild smell of the chlorine in the sitting areas. I love how the pool is out in the open so the adults can sit at the tables surrounding the pool and play cards or read while still keeping an eye on the kids - much better than hotels that have the pool in a concrete room that echos like crazy. There is plenty of seating around the pool area and video game area, which would be great for large groups of people. It's also nice that there is a bar/casino and an area for live poker.

The hot breakfast is what really sold us on this hotel - bacon, bisquits and gravy, waffles, muffins, etc. It was always delicious. For part of our stay we stayed in a suite with 2 adjoining rooms - one room had bunk beds and a kitchen area, the other had a king bed. It was an awesome suite right by the pool area. It was noisier right next to the pool, but we expected that and it was no problem after the pool closed. If you go to sleep very early then a pool-side room is not the best choice for you, but since we have kids and don't go to bed early it was very convenient for us. We would definitely stay at this hotel again. It's not perfect, but it's a lot of fun, the "free" food is great, and the price was great for our extended stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are happy to see you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast and entertainment features. We hope to see you again soon!
Cascade, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here. The rooms were very nice and clean. The room had THE MOST comfortable bed, and I had the best night of sleep I have had in a long time. The breakfast is really good too. You can have waffles, biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, omelets, sausage and bacon, Bagels with cream cheese, muffins, pastries, the works!!!! I was able to pick something different everymorning. The hotel staff made me feel at home and were helpful in finding places to eat, parks and museums and other local attractions. Everyone had a smile on their face. They called me by name and always inquired about my day whether it was the maid cleaning my room, the ladies in the breakfast room or the Front Desk Staff.

The hotel offers a free airport shuttle and long term parking which was especially convenient for me. I had called other hotels and the price to park and be transported to the airport was considerably higher. When I flew in that night their Shuttle picked me up within minutes of my calling.

I loved the location of the hotel. I was able to walk to the shopping mall which has a Herbergers and JC Penney and to the steakhouse across the street.

This hotel also has a nice casino lounge, pool and hot tub. I enjoyed sitting with my friends and family out in a common area by the pool where we were able to visit and watch the kids swim and have fun.

Great hotel for a reasonable rate. I will definitely go back there and would recommend this hotel to all travelers.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Lethbridge, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

If you want to stay at a hotel that’s dirty, dingy and smells like chlorine everywhere you go and a place where the guests, staff are rude and you want to find drugs in your room then The Town House Inn is the place to stay.

Let’s talk about the quality of guests this hotel attracts. The first night I checked in there was a couple that were drunk walking up and down the hall and asked me for money and smokes twice. Every time I went outside I would find hotel guests standing around outside by their cars drinking beers and being loud. I had a dog and a cat staying with me at the hotel and for some reason the hotel guests liked to knock on the window and say "Puppy, Puppy, Puppy" at my dog which would make her bark at them.

Next let’s talk about the cleanliness of the hotel itself. Like I said earlier the entire hotel smells of chlorine. The air conditionings in the room are loud, and the carpeting is old and dirty. The room I stayed in 239 was gross. On the morning of my third day I found my cat playing with drugs that were near the bed and night stand. At this point I decided I had had enough of this nasty place and at 9 in the morning I went to go check out. Upon check out the rude girl at the front desk was surprised I was checking out a day early.

Pet Policy- First of all the hotel claims its pet friendly. For a fee of $10 per pet, per night though. As well they claim their policy is you can’t leave pet’s unattended in the room!! Has anyone ever gone to a hotel and not ever for a minute left their room with their pets unattended?? This is one of the stupidest rules I have ever heard for a hotel that claims they are pet friendly.

Now let’s talk about customer service. Two different nights I asked for directions to restaurants and both times the front desk staff had no idea where the places were and when they tried to give directions, they gave wrong directions both nights. I also left some valuables in the hotels safety deposit box and when I needed to retrieve the items the girl at the front desk had no idea how to open the box and I had to wait for a later time to retrieve my items. On the second night of my stay I called down to the front desk to ask for a taxi cab. Twenty minutes went by and no call was placed to my room to tell me a cab had arrived so I walked down to the front desk to ask about my cab and the man working the front desk said "OHHH um ya he came but I forgot what room it was for so he left"

Check out time- I go to the front desk to check out and the girl at the front desk was, as I said earlier surprised I was checking out a day early. She told me she had had complaints from other guests about my dog barking and I explained earlier the rude guests were purposely messing with my animals in the window. I then told the girl at the front desk I was checking out because I had a lot of complaints of my own. When I started to address my problems with the hotel such as the guests, the service and MOSTLY the drugs I found in my room the girl at the front desk said " I don’t need to hear about your problems" and proceeded to make a phone call during our conversation. At that point I lost my cool with the staff and demanded my refund which the front desk said they can’t do at this point because it was pre booked and pre-paid on Hotels.com. I left the hotel upset and called Hotels.com to solve the issue of my refund. Hotels.com informed me the hotel can but will not issue a refund because I lost my temper with the rude staff. After several attempts to retrieve my refund the front desk staff and hotel management would not co-operate. The hotel front desk went as far as to lie to their own management about the situation and even told management that the drugs I actually found in my room were found in the hallway and I picked them up. The fact is I found drugs in my room and even if it was in the hallway what does that say about the terrible housekeeping in the hotel.

After several phone calls to management they still refused to issue me my refund and took the lying staffs word of the events that happened over the guest. It is pretty obvious no one in this hotels establishment from front desk staff all the way to management ever received any post education in the hotel and hospitality management industry. So if you’re reading this review like I said earlier if you want to stay at a hotel where the staff, guests and management are rude and you want to stay in a dirty environment then this is the hotel for you to stay at. Hey you might even get lucky and find drugs in your room that your pet or even child can find and play with.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
ScottArensmeyer, Manager at Great Falls TownHouse Inn, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
It is our ultimate goal that every guest’s experience is pleasurable. Our staff believes in treating all guests with the utmost respect and in turn requests that our guests treat both our staff and other guests in the same manner. In order for us to ensure your stay is enjoyable we need to know if you encounter a problem so that it can be corrected immediately to your satisfaction. Unfortunately with this guest, we were not made aware of his complaints until he came to check out at which time he became both verbally abusive and threatening to our desk clerks and guests to the point that we required police involvement.

Our housekeeping and janitorial staff are held to a very high standard and strive to ensure our hotel is clean at all times. If the guest did find a pill at our hotel we too find this unacceptable. Due to conflicting conversations with the guest we were unable to determine where the pill was found, or what it was, as he took it with him upon departure making a proper investigation impossible.

We are a pet friendly hotel. As per our policy that we explain upon reservation, we do charge a $10.00 fee per pet per night. This fee helps pay for our housekeeping staff to take the extra time to deep clean the room so that when the next guest checks in they can never tell a pet was in the room. We also ask that you do not leave your pet unattended as most pets find it difficult to be alone in an unknown location and will show this by damaging the hotel property and barking which in turn disrupts other guests. If you are unable to stay with your pet we do have kennel and dog day care information readily available at the front desk to make sure your pet enjoys their stay as well.

The staff and management of the TownHouse Inn look forward to making your stay a positive one and we encourage you to choose the TownHouse Inn during your next visit to Great Falls.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

Huge rooms, very clean and comfortable. Free wifi and it has in front a Taco Bell and in the corner the mall.

• Stayed May 2012
Bozeman, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

We stayed 2 Nights and was well taken care of. The amenities included warm cookies and soup in the evneing to a full breakfast in the A.M. They were helpful in helping us find specific businesses and the room was very comfortable. They support the community so well by donating this 2 Night stay while my husband worked in the schools. Thanks Townhouse Inn for giving back to the community.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
ScottArensmeyer, Manager at Great Falls TownHouse Inn, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we are happy you had an enjoyable stay. Being Montana owned and operated we are proud supporters of the community and were happy to donate your room for such a worthy cause. We hope to see you and your husband again soon!

Penhold, Alberta, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

Not a place I would ever take my family to again.
there are literally people living there and they have taken over.
Our family could not use the pool area at all as we were ordered out of the area by the guest who live there saying it was there pool and we do not belong.
My son was struck by one of the kids. The parents were not supervising there children and the whole place was wild. Out of control kids, parents hollaring from their rooms. I have never been to a place like this and will never again.
We left.
Horrible.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
ScottArensmeyer, Manager at Great Falls TownHouse Inn, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
Thank you for letting us know your stay with us was not to your satisfaction. If you could please contact me so that I can obtain more information as we do not have anyone living at our hotel and I need a more detailed description of your stay so that we can address these items.

Scott Arensmeyer

Been to Great Falls TownHouse Inn? Share your experiences!