“What a great stay at this hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Announcement
Winter Fuel Package
Ranked #12 of 30 Hotels in Great Falls
Cascade, Montana
“What a great stay at this hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here. The rooms were very nice and clean. The room had THE MOST comfortable bed, and I had the best night of sleep I have had in a long time. The breakfast is really good too. You can have waffles, biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, omelets, sausage and bacon, Bagels with cream cheese, muffins, pastries, the works!!!! I was able to pick something different everymorning. The hotel staff made me feel at home and were helpful in finding places to eat, parks and museums and other local attractions. Everyone had a smile on their face. They called me by name and always inquired about my day whether it was the maid cleaning my room, the ladies in the breakfast room or the Front Desk Staff.

The hotel offers a free airport shuttle and long term parking which was especially convenient for me. I had called other hotels and the price to park and be transported to the airport was considerably higher. When I flew in that night their Shuttle picked me up within minutes of my calling.

I loved the location of the hotel. I was able to walk to the shopping mall which has a Herbergers and JC Penney and to the steakhouse across the street.

This hotel also has a nice casino lounge, pool and hot tub. I enjoyed sitting with my friends and family out in a common area by the pool where we were able to visit and watch the kids swim and have fun.

Great hotel for a reasonable rate. I will definitely go back there and would recommend this hotel to all travelers.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Lethbridge, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

If you want to stay at a hotel that’s dirty, dingy and smells like chlorine everywhere you go and a place where the guests, staff are rude and you want to find drugs in your room then The Town House Inn is the place to stay.

Let’s talk about the quality of guests this hotel attracts. The first night I checked in there was a couple that were drunk walking up and down the hall and asked me for money and smokes twice. Every time I went outside I would find hotel guests standing around outside by their cars drinking beers and being loud. I had a dog and a cat staying with me at the hotel and for some reason the hotel guests liked to knock on the window and say "Puppy, Puppy, Puppy" at my dog which would make her bark at them.

Next let’s talk about the cleanliness of the hotel itself. Like I said earlier the entire hotel smells of chlorine. The air conditionings in the room are loud, and the carpeting is old and dirty. The room I stayed in 239 was gross. On the morning of my third day I found my cat playing with drugs that were near the bed and night stand. At this point I decided I had had enough of this nasty place and at 9 in the morning I went to go check out. Upon check out the rude girl at the front desk was surprised I was checking out a day early.

Pet Policy- First of all the hotel claims its pet friendly. For a fee of $10 per pet, per night though. As well they claim their policy is you can’t leave pet’s unattended in the room!! Has anyone ever gone to a hotel and not ever for a minute left their room with their pets unattended?? This is one of the stupidest rules I have ever heard for a hotel that claims they are pet friendly.

Now let’s talk about customer service. Two different nights I asked for directions to restaurants and both times the front desk staff had no idea where the places were and when they tried to give directions, they gave wrong directions both nights. I also left some valuables in the hotels safety deposit box and when I needed to retrieve the items the girl at the front desk had no idea how to open the box and I had to wait for a later time to retrieve my items. On the second night of my stay I called down to the front desk to ask for a taxi cab. Twenty minutes went by and no call was placed to my room to tell me a cab had arrived so I walked down to the front desk to ask about my cab and the man working the front desk said "OHHH um ya he came but I forgot what room it was for so he left"

Check out time- I go to the front desk to check out and the girl at the front desk was, as I said earlier surprised I was checking out a day early. She told me she had had complaints from other guests about my dog barking and I explained earlier the rude guests were purposely messing with my animals in the window. I then told the girl at the front desk I was checking out because I had a lot of complaints of my own. When I started to address my problems with the hotel such as the guests, the service and MOSTLY the drugs I found in my room the girl at the front desk said " I don’t need to hear about your problems" and proceeded to make a phone call during our conversation. At that point I lost my cool with the staff and demanded my refund which the front desk said they can’t do at this point because it was pre booked and pre-paid on Hotels.com. I left the hotel upset and called Hotels.com to solve the issue of my refund. Hotels.com informed me the hotel can but will not issue a refund because I lost my temper with the rude staff. After several attempts to retrieve my refund the front desk staff and hotel management would not co-operate. The hotel front desk went as far as to lie to their own management about the situation and even told management that the drugs I actually found in my room were found in the hallway and I picked them up. The fact is I found drugs in my room and even if it was in the hallway what does that say about the terrible housekeeping in the hotel.

After several phone calls to management they still refused to issue me my refund and took the lying staffs word of the events that happened over the guest. It is pretty obvious no one in this hotels establishment from front desk staff all the way to management ever received any post education in the hotel and hospitality management industry. So if you’re reading this review like I said earlier if you want to stay at a hotel where the staff, guests and management are rude and you want to stay in a dirty environment then this is the hotel for you to stay at. Hey you might even get lucky and find drugs in your room that your pet or even child can find and play with.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
ScottArensmeyer, Manager at Great Falls TownHouse Inn, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
It is our ultimate goal that every guest’s experience is pleasurable. Our staff believes in treating all guests with the utmost respect and in turn requests that our guests treat both our staff and other guests in the same manner. In order for us to ensure your stay is enjoyable we need to know if you encounter a problem so that it can be corrected immediately to your satisfaction. Unfortunately with this guest, we were not made aware of his complaints until he came to check out at which time he became both verbally abusive and threatening to our desk clerks and guests to the point that we required police involvement.

Our housekeeping and janitorial staff are held to a very high standard and strive to ensure our hotel is clean at all times. If the guest did find a pill at our hotel we too find this unacceptable. Due to conflicting conversations with the guest we were unable to determine where the pill was found, or what it was, as he took it with him upon departure making a proper investigation impossible.

We are a pet friendly hotel. As per our policy that we explain upon reservation, we do charge a $10.00 fee per pet per night. This fee helps pay for our housekeeping staff to take the extra time to deep clean the room so that when the next guest checks in they can never tell a pet was in the room. We also ask that you do not leave your pet unattended as most pets find it difficult to be alone in an unknown location and will show this by damaging the hotel property and barking which in turn disrupts other guests. If you are unable to stay with your pet we do have kennel and dog day care information readily available at the front desk to make sure your pet enjoys their stay as well.

The staff and management of the TownHouse Inn look forward to making your stay a positive one and we encourage you to choose the TownHouse Inn during your next visit to Great Falls.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

Huge rooms, very clean and comfortable. Free wifi and it has in front a Taco Bell and in the corner the mall.

• Stayed May 2012
Bozeman, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

We stayed 2 Nights and was well taken care of. The amenities included warm cookies and soup in the evneing to a full breakfast in the A.M. They were helpful in helping us find specific businesses and the room was very comfortable. They support the community so well by donating this 2 Night stay while my husband worked in the schools. Thanks Townhouse Inn for giving back to the community.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
ScottArensmeyer, Manager at Great Falls TownHouse Inn, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we are happy you had an enjoyable stay. Being Montana owned and operated we are proud supporters of the community and were happy to donate your room for such a worthy cause. We hope to see you and your husband again soon!

Penhold, Alberta, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

Not a place I would ever take my family to again.
there are literally people living there and they have taken over.
Our family could not use the pool area at all as we were ordered out of the area by the guest who live there saying it was there pool and we do not belong.
My son was struck by one of the kids. The parents were not supervising there children and the whole place was wild. Out of control kids, parents hollaring from their rooms. I have never been to a place like this and will never again.
We left.
Horrible.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
ScottArensmeyer, Manager at Great Falls TownHouse Inn, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
Thank you for letting us know your stay with us was not to your satisfaction. If you could please contact me so that I can obtain more information as we do not have anyone living at our hotel and I need a more detailed description of your stay so that we can address these items.

Minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Motel located on 10th Avenue which is sort of Great Falls main street. Walking distance to restaurants of all price ranges, shopping center, casinos and lounges. Hotel has an attached casino/lounge. Friendly staff. Every night, parking lot full. Not a fancy facility, but clean functional rooms with refrig and microwave. Bathroom had sampoo, conditioner, lotion, even toothpaste. Great complimenary breakfast. Large indoor swimming pool. If you're looking for a clean, decent facility, this is a very good value.

Room Tip: Book early / have reservations. Parking lots on all four sides always full in the evening.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are happy to see you found your room and our facilities to be great and hope we see you again soon!

montana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

Horrible Hotel in so many ways...I do not even know where to start. the staff is horrible, no customer service, breakfast is very unhealthy. But, that is not the worse part..Pool, sauna, spa were down because of show that ended days b4. Said it would be up next day in am. It was not. Probably a good thing. Spa looked slimy and dirty.

We asked for a cot for our 4 year old and got dropped off a queen size mattress...The floors at the hotel were dirty, cups, pizza boxes, strewn about.

We were awakened at 8 am and told to move our car because a truck would need to park in our space. This at 8am in the middle of a snowstorm. I had to move my car to the other side of the hotel in rge slushy parking lot that was not plowed. Carry my luggage through the snow.....my sneakers and socks and jeans were soaked from carrying luggage across hotel.

The truck did not arrive until 3 hours later at 11 am when i was picking up my wife at the E entrance/exit. They did not want me to park in handicapped parking. Which, by the way had not been shoveled. I was told not to pick up my wife at closest entrance. Despite the fact she has rheumatoid arthritis.
We had previously been told to be out by 11am or pay for another half day/

Read reviews and you decide whether you wanna stay here. This hotel owned by Town Pump

Room Tip: read reviews and talk to front desk before booking, feel them out
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Great Falls TownHouse Inn? Share your experiences!