“tired hotel, but wonderful staff. why no PBS” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #13 of 30 Hotels in Great Falls
Eugene, Oregon
“tired hotel, but wonderful staff. why no PBS”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

The hotel is a bit shabby, and the restaurant is just so-so.
But the rooms are OK and The staff is great, very helpful.
Big complaint is that management has chosen Dish Network for TV, and opted not to carry Public Television (PBS). So no Sesame Street for the kids, and no News Hour or Charlie Rose for me.

For my second night in Great Falls I switched to the same chain's Staybridge Suites, so I could get PBS.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Elizabeth T, Manager at Holiday Inn Great Falls, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear mhenner,

Thank you for the review. We are remodeling our guest rooms and a few other areas of the building in the very near future. We appreciate that feedback. Unfortunately, we do not have PBS, but we do have multiple news stations and Cartoon Network for the kiddos. Again, we appreciate you passing this onto us and choosing our property for your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

The young lady at the front desk was so accommodating and helpful and gave us a beautiful room with a very nice view. A lovely older hotel with easy access and central to all amenities. The room rates are very fair, the meals in the dining room are excellent and very reasonable as are the drink prices in the lounge. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Elizabeth T, Manager at Holiday Inn Great Falls, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Sharon B,

Thank you! Let me know when you will be back next, and I will include some free drink and restaurant coupons.
Redlands, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We arrived in mid-June 2013 to find the city hosting soccer and softball tournaments, and most facilities booked up. We were pleased with the easy process of advance booking, and very glad we had done so! When we arrived, the lovely lady behind the registration desk told us she had reserved us a room in a quieter area of the hotel, because it can get busy and noisy when the sports tournament participants are there. (Since we are a little older, she figured we would not be one of the noisy ones!) We were pleased with the cleaning ladies' work, and very pleased with the restaurant, with good food and helpful staff. When we go back to Great Falls, we would be very likely to stay here again.

Room Tip: First floor area near the corner was quiet and pleasant. Families with children may enjoy being on...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Dear "Happily-Retired4344,"

Thank you so much for that review. We would love to have you back and are glad to hear that everything went will with your stay. Contact me next time, and we can do something special for you!
Auburn, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Whoever designed this property's accessible rooms must either use a wheelchair themselves, or have a family member who does. The accessible bath has an easy and safe, over-sized transfer bench, hand-held shower. and almost too many safety bars to count. One thing I have never encountered before was a vertical "pole" at the entry to the roll-in, roll-out shower. It provided extra leverage and safety getting up and sitting down. Every hotel ought to have them. Our first-floor room opened directly onto the quiet lobby (and there was a Shriners convention at the hotel!), was large and easy to get around in, as well as being beutifully decorated. I found the staff to be helpful and professional. The dining room provided us with two great meals -- a steak sandwich (which was incredibly tender) and morning pancakes. We had a new server who was just learning the ropes, but was really trying hard. The visual highlight for me was the wooden bear scupture that towers over the lobby. I really knew I was in Montana!

Room Tip: If you need an accessible room, ask for the ground floor...the rooms open directly onto a quiet lobb...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Elizabeth T, Manager at Holiday Inn Great Falls, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Steve K.,

That is so great to hear! We will pass this information along to all of our departments, and hopefully we will see you next time you are in Great Falls. Pancakes are on us next time!
Whitefish, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

The front desk staff was exceptionally friendly and made us feel welcome immediately upon arrival. The bed was comfortable, however the bathroom was small an the shower challenging due to the fact the diverter valve was difficult to pull and it was a slow drainer.

• Stayed July 2013
Elizabeth T, Manager at Holiday Inn Great Falls, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Haverlandt,

We will be sure to pass your comments onto our front desk staff...They'll love that! We would be happy to take care of the plumbing in the room you stayed in. We will be sure to check for any plumbing issues upon check-out today and correct that problem.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

On July 9th, around 9:10pm, My boyfriend went to ask one of the front desk staff (Scott) with glasses and a little bit tan where the swimming pool is. My boyfriend is a very polite and shy person, obviously Scott sensed that. At first he stared at my boyfriend for 3 seconds pretending he did not understand him, with contempt in his eyes. And then he said " Yes, a big hole with water in it, it's right there just go around that corner", pointing his finger at that direction without even looking at us. I was about to bring up his attitude but my boyfriend stopped me. My boyfriend said thank you and when we walked away, I looked back, Scott was watching us with another guy outside the counter(in a red uniform, I think he works for hotel too), with satisfaction and victory in his smile and eyes. Well, Scott, I am glad we can bring some joy into the job you hate so much that you have to let spite out on innocent customers. Hope that makes your day.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Elizabeth T, Manager at Holiday Inn Great Falls, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Chloe S,

Thank you for passing this along. I'm so sorry for the way our front desk representative made you feel. We will most definitely speak to our agent about the way he is being perceived by guests. Please know that this particular employee has always been very kind and reacts in a joking manner...I am not excusing the way he might have initially come off to you, but I just wanted to offer an explanation of his personality. From knowing him and interacting with him, I would think that he might have been joking. I understand that this is not the way he came off to you, and I apologize. Please let me know if there is anything we can do or you for the inconvenience.
Shelton, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Start on a positive bed was comfortable and we had a room across from the pool. But then: the room was not all the way clean when we got there the bathroom had been used (had new towels though). They did offer a new room but we didn't want to move but they sent someone down to wipe down the bathroom for us. The room was cleaned the next day but I found out the morning we left the stain (I thought) on the TV stand was Splenda or something. The pool was cloudy and we had to call the front desk to get towel both times we used it. Then we found out the guy we thought was watching some kids had a t shirt on that said pool attendant. The water slide (part of why we chose to stay there) was out of order the second day. The restaurant was really good. All in all the poorest in a vacation that included six other hotels.

Room Tip: I wouldn't until they update
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Elizabeth T, Manager at Holiday Inn Great Falls, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear "susyblue2,"

Thank you for passing this information along to our staff. It is very disappointing to hear that there were problems with your stay. I would love to discuss this more with you. Please shoot me an email, or give us a call, and I would be happy to see what we can do for you. We are following up on the items that you mentioned, and I truly hope to hear from you.

Been to Holiday Inn Great Falls? Share your experiences!