“Good stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Great Falls
Lethbridge
“Good stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

We planned on only staying in great falls one night, but due to lack of time and having a 14 month old decided to stay overnight. We went to several other hotels that were close by but none had fridges; another hotel suggested the holiday inn. Originally we were quoted a high price but when we said we would check the quality inn they said they could give a better rate so we stayed.
The room was nice, looked recently renovated, the only problem was that the bathtub would not drain, but they sent a repairman ASAP. We had a room, first floor in the lobby and it was quiet except when my son was running around looking at the waterfalls and stuffed bears. the next morning we are breakfast at the restaurant in the hotel...it was good, fairly cheap and had nice staff...will probably stay here again if the price is good.

• Stayed November 2012
Elizabeth T, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Great Falls, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Hilary,

Thank you for choosing us over the other properties. I'm glad everything with your stay went well. Give us a call for your future stay, and I'll include a $20.00 breakfast voucher for you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
udayverma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Excellent Service, Friendly Staff. Rooms nice with TV, Fridge,Microwave.No complaints and hesitation going Back!. Great falls is not that big and the hotel is on the main road, where all malls, eateries are there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Elizabeth T, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Great Falls, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you! We appreciate that and look forward to your next arrival.
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I was first struck by the nice decor when walking into the lobby. The place looks to have been updated and has a nice appearance. They have a cool waterfall with bear taxidermy.
The king size bed was definitely comfy and the rooms were quite - something i can't say about all the hotels on this trip! The only downside was the bathroom seemed small. Oh and the air conditioner was a little tricky to operate.
I enjoyed a wine at the full bar on the main floor and played some video poker. I was pleasantly surprised when the wine was comped.
Breakfast the next day in the cafe was very good and reasonably priced. Loved the service (Angie- i believe).
The location was convenient and we would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Elizabeth T, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Great Falls, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
That's great to hear! Let me know when you are coming back, and I would be happy to include some extra drink and casino coupons for you.
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights in August, and enjoyed every minute. Went with our daughter and son-in law, and their puppy. Pet friendly hotel. Hot tub and pool were enjoyable, but wish parents would supervise their children more. The staff were fantastic on check-in and check-out. The food and drinks in the on site bar and restaurant were unbelievable as far as quality, quantity, and price. We are definitely looking forward to a return trip.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Elizabeth T, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Great Falls, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thank you so much. We look forward to seeing you again!
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Holiday Inn Great Falls Montana USA: On Sunday night of Sept 2, 2012 we were packing to go home the following day and getting ready for bed. I could not find a dress I had bought nor my pajama bottoms (both of which I had left in my suitcase that morning when we left for a day out) on the floor beside the bathroom. I did not zip my suitcase shut as I felt that "out of sight" was good enough. We asked the front desk and they sent up head of housekeeping that told us that the girl who cleaned our room was on a prison release work program and would not possibly want to damage her probation. We were EXTREMELY disturbed and spoke with 2 more hotel staff that night who confirmed that the cleaning staff are all on a criminal work release program. As management was away for the long weekend I could not talk to anyone until Tuesday. Liz called me Tuesday and told me to call the police and there was nothing they could do until I mentioned the criminal work release program. She immediately put me on hold and told me 3 minutes later another manager would call me back. Bob called me Tuesday night and explained that they did not "hire murderers or rapists or any heinous crime committers”, only people who have committed minor crimes to which I replied that theft under $1000 is a minor crime - which only after repeating myself 3 times did he agree. He said all their prison work release staff are shuttled in a van between the half-way house and the hotel and they are "discouraged" from having bags. A woman always carries a purse and even if she did not a silk dress can be folded into a pocket due to the material and Paul Frank boxers can be put on under pants or a dress. Bob continued to explain that he could check the last 300 entries into our room and when I asked him if he did check to narrow down who stole from me he said no. I had to beg him to check. Wednesday afternoon he left me a message saying the only ones in our room was the girl (cleaning staff) at 2:48, a "checker" at 3:15 and us. I have told Bob I want this girl fired and her parole officer involved but he says that is none of my business. IT IS MY BUSINESS because an ex-con who is a new hire at this hotel stole from me. I am getting nowhere with Bob as he thinks that once an ex criminal enters the half-way house they are angelic and no longer capable of doing wrong. I disagree STRONGLY with his theory. I feel it is a safety issue for EACH guest of this hotel to have ex-convicts cleaning their rooms alone and while they are not there. I think that the hotel is obligated to warn patrons of their cleaning staff as this is a violation of guest safety. My dress and pajama boxers are just things, but my sense of security is permanently damaged.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Elizabeth T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Great Falls, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
We researched the situation as soon as it came to our attention. The hotel was not able to prove that there was any theft, and we also encouraged the guest to contact the local Police Department to file a report. She refused and unfortunately has blown the situation out of proportion. We take these kind of things seriously and would never react in the way she is claiming.
Leavenworth, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

After driving 19 hours straight, we decided to stay in Great Falls a night. We found a Holiday Inn that had rooms. Upon arrival the lobby was spacious and had a rock waterfall with stuffed bears on the rocks. It was very nice. The front desk staff was super friendly. He quickly got our room. After unpacking we went down to the pool area nad enjoyed the hot tub for a bit. They had a very friendly pool attendant. I enjoyed a great drink from the bar. We only stayed one night. In the morning, we used the $20 breakfast certificate in the restaurant there. the food was tasty and the service was pretty great too. It was a great place to stay!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Elizabeth T, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Great Falls, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you so much for the review. It's always great to hear nothing but good things!
cochrane
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Stayed for one night passing through Great Falls. Overall impression: a hotel that would not hurt from renovation, but under good management. For it's age and condition, they're doing a fairly good job maintaining it. But I felt as if I was overpaying for the room a little, because it didn't feel so clean being older (but I wouldn't say it was dirty). Great service all around when booking and staying there. It seems everyone was going out of their way to please us as hotel guests. I bugged the front desk with different questions, mostly about local tourist attractions etc, and they were always genuinely nice and enthusiastic (especially Seth). Great service and the restaurant and the food was really good to my taste. Our children enjoyed the pool and bouncy castle a lot. However, we didn't like the beds in our room (which had 2 Queens) and prefer a cleaner/newer hotel, so if I'm ever back to this city I would definitely stay elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the concerns and the nice comments. It's unfortunate to hear that you will be staying elsewhere when coming back to Great Falls. We truly would love to have you back. Just a couple of quick pieces of information...We do have king rooms available, and we certainly can place you in one if that room type is available for your dates of stay. Also, we have plans scheduled for the near future for updating our guest rooms. I hope that you will be back, and please call me if returning in the future.

Thank you!

Been to Holiday Inn Great Falls? Share your experiences!