“Horrible... This place made me sick!” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: International
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Victor, Montana
“Horrible... This place made me sick!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This place was awful. Went here with my daughter thinking it was like every other Mongolian grill I have been to where you can go up as many times as you like. This was not the case, you get charged by the size bowl you choose and are not allowed to go back unless you want to pay again. Normally this may not be a problem as they do have three different sized bowls but I like cabbage and make it the base of the entire meal. If you know anything about what happens to cabbage after it is cooked you would know that it shrinks down to nearly nothing, therefore after the food I was able to fit into my bowl was cooked I had a bowl that was a quarter full and was still charged for the bowl I grabbed even though the food I had after cooked wouldn't even have begun to fill the smallest bowl they had. I can say the food was very good but the service was by far some of the worst I have ever had. Great Falls seems to have a serious problem understanding the meaning of fast friendly service. I have had one bad experience after another since I moved to the area a few months ago. I am so irate I decided something needs to done, therefore getting the word out. After a couple hours went by and this being the only meal I'd had for the day, my stomached began to get terribly upset and I was sick for the rest of the day. Do not eat here... They are not clean and the staff that works here could care less about it or you. Worst experience ever and so not worth the money.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Sweetgrass, Montana
“Great Food, Great Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

First, the picture attached to this in Trip Advisor is not the Mongolian BBQ that is located at 2108 10th Ave South in the Target shopping center. Service is minimal, which means you don't have to leave much of a tip. They'll seat you and bring your drink, as well as a small bowl of rice and a small bowl of chicken soup. Once you've been seated, just help yourself. My favorite thing about Mongolian BBQ is that you make your own dish- I always get tons of veggies, light on the noodles and meat. Once you've filled your bowl, you have a choice of ingredients to make your own sauce (soy sauce, teryaki sauce, garlic and sesame oil, etc). On the wall above the choices you will find a some recommended recipes for how to make your own sauce, if you need some guidance.

I've been eating at the Mongolia BBQ for more than four years now and although the place has never been fancy, it's always been clean. I'd rather get a lot of really good food at a good price than pay out a lot of money for a fancy atmosphere that is unnecessary.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Great Falls, Montana
“Dirty dirty dirty!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Do NOT eat here! Truly not sure how they manage to pass health inspections! Ate there last summer, and food was okay, then drove around the back the next day (its a short cut route for native Great Fallsians) and saw their back door wide open - no screen door... So all the bugs have free reign in their kitchen during warm weather - disgusting!

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Great Falls, Montana, United States
“Awful and Disgusting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Usually I don't walk into this place expecting the best service but my husband and I have loved Mongolian BBQ food for a long time, though we didn't get that love at this location. When we walked in, there were dirty tables full of dishes throughout the restaurant and no one to be seen. We waited for a minute and a lady finally popped out of the back and told us to help ourselves. We decided to get a to-go order but they didn't know that right away and nobody came to ask us one way or another. So we got our bowls and started loading up, the counter was gross and sticky with food all over. Then we get to the part where the food is cooked and the cook is still no where to be seen and we had to wait for another couple of minutes before he actually came out. We told him our order was to go. So when it comes time to put the food in the to go box he stuffed most it into one of those tiny Chinese boxes (I had a large sized bowl.) It was overflowing and I was unable to close it and the next even smaller box he put the rest of my food in. He also dumped some of my food on the floor. When it became obvious I didn't know what to do with my food he came over and stuffed his fingers in my food to squish it down and kind of got two of the flaps to close over it but my food was still overflowing. It made a mess in the car on the way home. Also the worker's kids were running around in their diapers with no shoes on and I'm pretty sure I smelt pee at one point. The whole experience was the disgusting. Then the final kicker! They charged us extra because supposedly we were over the two inch rule! My husband and I have ate at various Mongolian BBQs all over the state literally hundreds of times. They all have the two inch rule which is fair, but we have never ever gone over it! Just cause my husband asked that his food be put into two slightly bigger boxes after watching my food fall to the floor and counter they charged us more. When we complained about the whole experience when we paid, the lady didn't even care and had nothing to say for herself, she just gave us a disgusted look like we were the ones who ran a rundown restaurant that smells bad. Then when we got home, the food didn't even taste like what it should so there wasn't even that redeeming quality. We will be trying the 3D Mongolian BBQ on the Black Eagle side of town next time, but we will never go back to that craphole again.

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
montana
“not a good place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

OK, so we like chinese, and we love mongolian grill, we were hungry, it was next to Target, we stopped. Wish we had not. I actually scratched my intials into the the bowl they served me from, NOT kidding, if you get AAK, thats me!
Also, there is a sign on the "bar" that states if you fill your bowl more that 2 inches over edge you will be charges larger bowl price, not a problem, it apparently does not apply to everyone! the kicker for us, was a little girl, 2 years old, I asked. Spilled her rice and the mom picked it up as best she could. THe waitress came over and got on her hands on knees while family was still eating to scoop up rice with her HANDS and then grabbed their glasses to refill with water. When family asked if they could have another bowl fo rice, mind you its an ice cream scoop size, they said YES, but well have to charge you .75 for it, as YOUR CHILD MADE A MESS.

I feel like I write a lot of negative reviews, and that makes me feel sad, But this is why I have dedicated myself to reviewing all the places we go. I am SO tired of bad customer service and rude waiters/waitresses, cooks, hostesses. etc. We pay good money to eat in a restaurant, i just expect it to be clean, food to be adequate and dont be rude, Am I asking to much? Where has customer service gone? I mean, seriously if I have this many bad experiences to be THIS fed up, something is wrong. I also want to note that when we get good service.Food, we tell the waitress and the shift manager and call the company provided phone numbers to tell them. We really are trying to help..sigh.

• Visited June 2012