“Alright- not up to usual Hampton Standards” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now, Save Up to 15%
Ranked #8 of 29 hotels in Great Falls
Wyoming
“Alright- not up to usual Hampton Standards”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stayed here for several nights for a business trip. My first night, I got in late and didn't have to be anywhere until 1PM, and was awoken around 8 by housekeepers talking loudly to each other up and down the hallway. There was no Do Not Disturb sign to put out, which would have been handy that first night so the housekeepers knew not to knock.

I had placed the remnants from my late dinner in the hallway for housekeeping, as I did not need new sheets or anything, and I heard the housekeeper as she picked it up say, "Well thats nasty." Excuse me? You work in housekeeping. Keep your comments to yourself especially when guests can hear.

A fridge would have been handy as a week of dining out gets old, and I would have liked a small fridge to keep some bottled water/healthy snacks in to avoid unhealthy restaurant meals. The carpet was frayed in some areas, and this one felt a little more run down than other Hamptons I have been in, but overall not bad.

The breakfast weren't impressive. The cheese omelet was downright disgusting and the sausage isn't great either. Coffee was weak, however the oatmeal was quite good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
GreatFallsHilton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Great Falls, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for staying with us while on business in Great Falls! Guest feedback is very important to us and we greatly appreciate your comments. We are deeply sorry about what you experienced at our hotel. The issue you experienced with our housekeeping staff is disheartening and not typical of our usual friendly and welcoming staff. Your comments were shared in our team huddle this afternoon to remind us all of how important our actions are both in front of our guests and behind the scenes. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again so that we may have the opportunity to show you what our warm Hamptonality is all about.

161 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Twin Cities
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Stayed here while travelling on business for a couple of nights. Close proximity to the airport. Friendly, prompt service at check in. Room was clean and comfortable. Nice selection at breakfast of both hot and cold items. There were a number of dining and shopping selections right across the road from the hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
GreatFallsHilton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Great Falls, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Thank you for staying with us! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon.
Montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I stayed here because virtually all other quality hotels in Great Falls were sold out. It was pricey at $135 but that is pretty much the going rate in the summer. I mistakenly booked a smoking room which was my fault so the room was a little smelly. The bed actually wasn't very comfortable but the rest of the room was fine for the 6 hours I was there. I did eat the breakfast and that was above average. I would stay here again but I hopefully won't have to pay $135.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
We just want to say thanks for your recent stay at our hotel! We are so glad you enjoyed our breakfast and look forward to having you back in the future.
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stayed at this hotel as we were flying out early in the morning. It is clean, close to the airport, has comfortable beds and a good breakfast. The rooms have small fridges and microwaves. There are nearby groceries and fast food.

The kids like the pool.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
GreatFallsHilton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Great Falls, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you for staying with us! It was a pleasure having you as our guest, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future! We noticed you wrote that our hotel has refrigerators and microwaves in our rooms and would like to make a small correction. We do have refrigerators and microwaves in our Double Queen Suites and Jacuzzi Suites, but not in our standard room types. For guests who do not have these in their rooms, we do have a microwave and refrigerator on the first floor that are available to all guests.
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I traveled for work around the world. But this one was for a vacation with family. We found the beds at this location extremely comfortable. This stands out from other hotels we stayed in this trip to Yellowstone national park. The front staff was very friendly and 'icing' on the cake was free breakfast (I wish they have more options though). Another added advantage is the location , it is right across a strip mall and very close to the city's biggest mall ( if you are travelling there from Alberta for shopping).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us! So glad you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

We stayed here one night on a family vacation. It was a little difficult to find, as we came into town from the east, not the interstate. The staff was friendly. We had a room with two beds and a fold out sofa, which was ample for our party of four. The pool area was pretty standard. The breakfast was good, with some hot food, the kids loved the waffles. All in all, very satisfactory.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay at our hotel! We look forward to seeing you again soon.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Was woken up at two in the morning by drunks that we're outside of my window and kept awake till 5 am basically I didn't get to sleep all night! My mother had called the front desk once they said they would take care of it 30 min later nothing had been done. I called the front desk two more time 15 mins apart both times said they had talked to the group. The group remained there. I called a third time said that it's there responsibility to call the cops and that they could because it was a public disturbance and they told me no one was in the parking lot. They WERE still there. Next morning I talked to the front desk and I was told the noise came from a grocery store across the way and they couldn't do anything about it. Then how did you talk to them than she lied to me and told me there were two groups and the first group had left around one . The grocery store is way across the street they were definetly not there they just didn't deal with it. The woman at the counter was not understanding and did not offer any compensation for our terrible stay! If you don't mind drunks "at the grocery store" or highway noises it's clean and the beds are comfy but bad customer service and the pool was slimy

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Hampton Inn Great Falls? Share your experiences!