“Great Atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
SW Florida
“Great Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Fun place for lunch. It's like an old time western sports bar. Bison burgers, elk burgers and great hand cut french-fries. A little pricey but we enjoyed it. Elk burger and fries - 17$. Other things on the menu more reasonable.

Gardner is a neat western town. A bit commercialized but remember it's only a few miles from Mammoth.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Bellevue, Washington
“Very Good Hamburgers and Fish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

The place has a bar-like atmosphere, but the restaurant was surprisingly good. There is more seating than you might think based on the outside.
The staff were super outgoing and friendly.
Of course, they also have game meats.

Visited June 2014
Boulder, Colorado
“Breakfast, Beer, and Soccer :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We found this place when we came to Gardiner from Yellowstone hoping to find a place to watch the US Soccer game against Germany. This place was one of the only spots open at 10am, and they were playing the game so we were happy. We were even more happy with the breakfast! There was a good crowd so it wasn't super fast service (took about 45 minutes to get our food) but we were watching the game and there was only one woman cooking. We didn't mind, it was delicious when it came. I walked around the bar and it looks like a fun place to hang...its pretty big. Certainly a worthwhile place to stop in.

Visited June 2014
Germantown, Tennessee
“Great to watch a game, food ok ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Came here to watch the soccer match this afternoon. Extremely friendly service. Great place to watch a game and drink a beer. Shrimp tacos and onion rings were very good. Bison burger and chicken fingers were not. Tatar tots were good. Overall I would return and just order the shrimp tacos and beer because the service was so friendly.

Tucson, Arizona
“Average Places Can Be Really Good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

First of all, some people who write reviews are so critical. One needs to take these places as they are, not how they want them to be or how they compare to other places they have been.
I am not a food critic by any means. I take these places as they are - local flavor - local food - local people. If you need something more than that you may be in the wrong place. That said…
I came in here one evening and had PBR"s for $2, had a friendly bartender, and a buffalo burger and they threw on some tator tots and all was good. Then I heard from the locals about coming here for breakfast as they liked the thick slices of real bacon - now who can slam this?????
I was 1 hour too late for breakfast, but she told me to belly up to the bar and she would make it for me anyway. As I browsed the menu I spied the "morning medicine" which included a Bloody Mary with a bacon twizzle, but she suggested the bacon infused vodka in the Bloody Mary instead and it was great! I am in relaxed cowboy country and if things get too slow for me - well, then I need to slow down too. I think I will be moseying along in this place a few more times over the summer. It's a local bar and I want to be a local for the time I am here.

• Visited May 2014