“Excellent Food...a bit of a drive from Big Sky” 5 of 5 stars

320 Guest Ranch, Gallatin Gateway, Big Sky, MT
Improve this listing
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Doing business
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The 320 Ranch Steakhouse & Saloon specializes in steaks and wild game but offers a menu for everyone. Our chef has a nightly special which is often fresh seafood flown in from the east coast. We offer a "saloon menu" which features burgers, wings, and other pub fare. We also have a little wrangler's menu for those little cowpokes. Our saloon is in the original homestead cabin built in the 1800s and our dining room features western art and majestic wild game mounts. We offer Monday night specials - Pig Roasts in the Summer and Prime Rib buffets in the winter. Come on down and see what everyone is talking about!
Bismarck
“Excellent Food...a bit of a drive from Big Sky”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

Excellent food...but don't be in a hurry! Beautiful decor and yummy game dishes...will go again!

Minneapolis
“Excellent All Around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2010

Great location, great food, great wine, great vibe. Very scenic location along the Gallatin River. A very "Montana" feel, no pretension, very friendly staff. The food is fantastic as is the wine list. This is top notch cuisine in a very out-of-the-way location!

Montana
“The 320 Ranch Is Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2009

We have lived in Big Sky for two years now and our first choice for dinner out is the 320 Ranch. The staff take an interest in you as a customer. That is not something I can say about every restaurant here. The chef does an excellent job. I had the special the other evening and enjoyed the medley of buffalo, lamb and elk. Each had a distinct sauce. I have never been disappointed with anything on their menu. I recommend the 320 if you want to taste the real West.

If you go in the summer on Monday evenings, they have a pig roast with all the trimmings and a beverage, including beer, for $10. This past winter, they served chicken with all the fixings rather than pork. It is a local favorite.

The restaurant is a log structure located in the trees next to a stream. There is original art on the walls by Gary Carter. The interior is rustic with large windows. The tables are not crowded together.

Although we have never stayed at the 320, I have had a lot of people tell me they have had wonderful experiences there. Some friends said they really enjoyed the fishing and horseback riding last summer.

Tallahassee
“Dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2008

Hands down, some of the best food in the world is served in the lodge by a very talented chef, served by a bunch of great guys, the bartender, the waiters all just great down to earth friendly folks who are immediate friends!

Cedarburg, WI
“The 320 Ranch is THE place to eat in Big Sky”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2008

The Chef is my hero and the waitstaff and management is superb. I had on one evening the AHI tuna special with an incredible salsa with olives. I mentioned to our waiter that I love tuna but despise olives. He brought out a small sample for me to taste and I had an awesome dinner that I would never have ordered without the gentle guidance of our waiter. My husband had the trout one evening and the walleye another. He is a gourmet cook himself and is often disappointed...but here he too raved about the chef.
On Monday nights they have a pig roast....unbelievable value for the money. I am a huge fan of the 320 Ranch. We also tried some of the other restaurants in the area and just did not have the same quality experience.