Sorry I'm late on posting, but just now got around to supporting 320 Ranch with a review. We lucked into this place when we were looking for a room for the night after arriving in Yellowstone National Park via Jackson Hole. We thought we could find a place easily since we were travelling after the long weekend in September. All accommodation in Yellowstone National Park is booked solid so you have to plan ahead. We phoned the 800 number for tourist accommodation in the area, and because we had a small bichon schituze dog, we needed a place that accepted animals. They booked us into 320 Ranch which is 30 minutes north from the west entrance of Yellowstone Park. A beautiful scenic drive up the valley and I must admit I was worried about the accommodation since it is a dude ranch. We were pleasantly surprised to get a cabin backing on the hill overlooking the valley. Big porch and very roomy. Absolutley no complaints about the room. What I did find amusing was my question about whether there was a restaurant on the site. The owner when he checked us in said sure, do you want me to make a reservation. I thought he was kidding since the place did not look booked up but I said sure. We got to the rustic cabin that has the lounge on one side but through leads into the main dining area. We had a super waitress, Annie?, who chatted us up the whole night and was a lot of fun. I'm very pleased to advise that we had a 4 star meal at that restaurant. From a really good wine list, appetizers and main plus a fantastic desert and coffee, everything was superb. This is not a sandwich place or a hamburger joint, this is a hidden gem of a fantastic restaurant with some very talented chefs. Due to the off season, and a minor mixup with our reservation via the 800 number, we got the room for $100 night. The dinner tab was $160 with the two bottles of great wine we had. No regrets at all, we woiuld have paid more. And then we found out that the room came with breakfast in the morning. Another great meal with eggs, bacon, sausage and all the cold stuff and cereal you would want. We drove away back into the Park for one last day and left via the north entrance. We kept talking about what a fantastic surprise and jewel 320 Ranch is for days. Frankly I would go out of my way to stay there if I was travelling in the area. You would not be disappointed. My wife is alergic to horses, but we had no problems since the horses are kept at a distance from the cabins and the area is very large and spacious. We are planning on returning for a short vacation wherein we can rent some quads and go fly fishing back in the hills. And then enjoy dining in that fantastic restaurant each night. Thanks 320 Ranch for the best surprise and night of our holidays last year. We will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We're Montana's premier year-round guest ranch, where you can horseback ride, hike, fish, ski, snowmobile, sightsee, raft, and just plain have fun, all in the warm and friendly atmosphere of a classic Western guest ranch. The 320 is perfect for everything from family vacations, weddings and romantic getaways, to hosting your company's next event or meeting. Flexible accommodation options and activity programs ensure that everyone will have the trip of a lifetime. Stay a day, a week, a month, or anything in between. Take whatever time you need to relax, rejuvenate, and escape from the stresses of your busy life. You deserve to spend some time at the 320 Guest Ranch ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Tingo, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your 320 Guest Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 320 Guest Ranch Hotel Gallatin Gateway
- 320 Guest Ranch Montana/Gallatin Gateway