“Nice winter visit” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 320 Guest Ranch

You added 320 Guest Ranch to your Saves list
320 Guest Ranch
3.0 of 5 Ranch   |   205 Buffalo Horn Creek, Mile Marker 36, Hwy 191, Gallatin Gateway, Big Sky, MT 59716   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
South Freeport, Maine
“Nice winter visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

Great service, great atmosphere, the dining room food service was excellent for diner and breakfast. We snowmobiled bucks ridge which was a great trail ride with immediate gratification from the vistas. 1/2 day trail ride was plenty. Skiied a Big Sky 15 mile ride. Beautiful day. Boyne Season pass holder from Sugarloaf Maine got us a $42.00 Day pass. Better to drive and ski and apres ski here, while others drove here apres ski for the great food. Pub food menu was two for 1 on Wednesdays! We got a riverside cabin two bedrooms, with fireplace and kitchenette. Short walk to and from dinner. Watched others do the sleigh rides on a beautiful full moon!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

Due to an accident in our booking, we could not find a chain motel outside the west park entrance. This turned out to be the best thing that could've happened to us because we loved 320 Guest Ranch way more than Yellowstone. Lacee, a visiting cowgirl, check us in at the large cabin office. She could not have been more kind and down to earth!
There are also about 8 young Turkish guys who work in maintaining the grounds. My family and I hit it off very well with them. They and Lacee were consistently professional and warm.
The grounds, and the drive there, is a straight 25 - 30 mile shoot from the town outside of Yellowstone in flat and epic country.
They serve breakfast as part of your stay. You have to purchase dinner. The cabins are BIG and peaceful. It is bear country, even a few grizzley bears came down a year before we visited but we only interacted with other visitors.
I don't know what else to add to this review, but it's kid-friendly (but not overrun by them), it has a low-key fenced in jacuzzi, you can rent horses, and has a pool hall, television, etc. If you are looking for a family-friendly AND warm hospitality, you can't go wrong. The only "eww" was the non-usable dirt basketball court which was just covered in horses' road apples. the t.v.'s in the rooms look straight out of 1972 & have about as many channels but we didn't go there to watch t.v..

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Corvallis, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

Looking for something more than a hotel near Yellowstone, my 2 adult daughters and I chose the 320 Guest Ranch. With a Seize the Deal coupon, rates were reasonable and our cabin was comfortable. No frig or microwave, so we had to leave our snacks in the car to keep cool. Not much in the way of vegetarian options at the restaurant, so we had our meals while we were out and about exploring Yellowstone. We didn't try the various activities offered as our focus was Yellowstone on this trip.

My daughter was expecting an important phone call and there was no cell service. Unfortunately we were given the wrong extension number for our cabin and she didn't receive the call.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Boston, Ma.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

We were looking for a place that offered many different activities and opportunities in the Gallatin Valley/Big Sky area with a real Montana feel, friendly environment, not geared just to families, & with comfortable accommodations ...a tall order. The 320 Guest Ranch certainly lived up to ALL our expectations! My husband and I stayed 4 nights in one of their deluxe log cabins which was spacious, clean and rustic-modern with super comfortable beds and updated private bathroom...plenty of hot water! Their dinners were absolutely fantastic...cooked to order, so delicious and accompanied with a nice wine &/or beer selection! Congrats to their chef! There is no need to eat anywhere else! One night after a full day of fly fishing, we arrived back at the Ranch late and decided to eat in the Saloon with some concern that the kitchen would be closed..our concern was unfounded. Sam who tends the bar welcomed us warmly, took our special orders and we were served the most delicious meal!! Every night we found the service impeccable and dinners outstanding! 320 Ranch also has a hot tub and a coin laundry facility on site. We did enjoy seeing a number of families with happy children participating in the ranch activities. It seemed that the Staff worked hard keeping all guests happy. 320 also offered recommendations for hiking, fly fishing, rafting, touring YNP, and of course horse backriding. There is a campfire every night for all to enjoy which was great fun! Do bring your own marshmellows to roast. We had a wonderful experience and definitely recommend the 320 Guest Ranch!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Franklin, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

My wife and I had a wonderful visit at the 320, wish we could have stayed at least two more days. The food was excellent (try the meat loaf), and everyone was very helpful. We really enjoyed the cabin, even if it was #13; it was nice and cozy and rustic. I especially enjoyed the horseback ride, it was like stepping back in time, and I was able to see nature "up close" for a bit, from a saddle, instead of through the windshield; it helped my understanding of what travel was when the West was much younger. I heartily recommend this place for a hearty and relaxing visit.

Room Tip: Our room, in one of the double cabins, was excellent. Watch out for frost on the steps, hold that h...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I live in Bozeman, which is only about an hour away from 320 Guest Ranch, but I get here as often as I possibly can. I love this place. It offers so much year around. The cabins are rustic and quaint. They're not over the top luxurious by any means, but I love the coziness of them.

320 is really close to Yellowstone National Park (about a half hour drive), Big Sky where there's great skiing, shopping and eating, hunting and general outdoorsy stuff. In the summer there's almost always something going on in Big Sky, concerts, festivals, brewfests, etc. This is a great home base for weekends away.

The food is amazing. The menu has great options, but I always end up going with the nightly specials. The chef seems to lean more towards asian influences in his nightly specials. The house cocktail, Stoli Doli is also not to be passed up. Rocky Mountain Oysters are served, but not on the menu so you have to ask for those (DO IT). The free, hot breakfast in the morning is also great.

The people that work here are so nice. I've made so many friends with the help over the past couple of stays by grabbing a couple of drinks at the bar after dinner and introducing myself to the horse wranglers that always belly up for a couple of beers at the end of the day.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

320 Guest Ranch was one of the highlights of our trip heavy summer. Our clean and comfortable cabin was set very quietly up the canyon on a creek on the property. We loved our morning and evening strolls to the Steakhouse for meals. There's a prairie dog community that's sure to provide a smile or two on summer mornings on the walk. The food was pretty fabulous. Highlights were Bison Flank Steak and an Elk chop that almost made me cry.

My husband and I had virtually no experience on horse back prior to this visit. The guides at the ranch were awesome and the ride was a great experience. Very fortunately, our visit coincided with the debut of Sunflower, a beautiful little foal who greeted us every morning on the way to breakfast. The draft horses used for the sleigh and wagon rides are magnificent and well worth spending a little time visiting too. Fly fishing instruction at the Ranch pond was fun. Didn't catch anything and my casting wasn't pretty. But it was a lovely morning and the instructor was really patient. We rafted with Geyser Whitewater from Big Sky and that was a fantastic experience as well. Highly recommend doing it if you're gonna be in the area for any length of time.

All in all, I can't say enough good things about our time at the 320. The only thing I would add, is while we don't have children, I couldn't help but notice the number of families at the ranch. And everyone looked to be having a very good tim, lots of happy, tuckered out kids at the end of the day campfires. Seems to me this would be a great place for a family reunion trip- there really does seem to be something for everyone in the family to do.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to 320 Guest Ranch? Share your experiences!