“Covered Wagon Ranch--EXCELLENT choice!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Covered Wagon Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gallatin Gateway
Covered Wagon Ranch
You added Covered Wagon Ranch to your Saves list
34035 Gallatin Road, Gallatin Gateway, Big Sky, MT 59730   |
MN
“Covered Wagon Ranch--EXCELLENT choice!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2009

My first Dude Ranch experience was at Covered Wagon Ranch. I wasn't sure exactly what to expect but, wow, was I impressed!!! The cabins are nice (but simple), the food is excellent, and the staff is outstanding. The staff at CWR made sure all of our expectations were met. I would definitely go back!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2009

Obviously a ranch vacation is not for everyone. If you DO NOT like the outdoors or animals, then this is not the trip for you. If, however, you like (1) being surrounded my magestic mountains and crystal clear creek waters, (2) comfortable cozy lodgings, (3) a doting friendly staff, (4) delicious mouth-watering food and (5) the BEST horses to guide you around.... then this IS the place for you!

From the moment I was picked up from the airport by ranch-owner Debi, I was treated like a little princess. At the CWR, you can do whatever you want. You can have a lazy day around the cabin, take a tour around Yellowstone or the Grand Tetons, hike around the many trails outside your door, or go horseback riding.

I chose to go horseback riding everyday. And if you're wondering.... I am NOT an experienced rider, but I didn't need to be. The wranglers and horse-trainer Jeremy will take care of you no matter your skill level. (If you're reading this... THANK you Jeremy, Val, Lee and Erin!!)

I spent five days there and it was not long enough. I even tried to stay longer, but because of Frontier airlines' ridiculous surcharges for flight changes, that was impossible. I just could not get enough of Nanette's cooking OR JT and Debi's company OR how well the staff (Erin, Kiersten, Heidi-Rae and Katie) took care of me OR of the best ranch managers in the world (Darlene and Jeremy) OR of the hilarious managers-in-training (Chase and Braydon) or my knowledgable wranglers (Val, Erin and Lee) OR the do-everything man Brett OR my steady steed Tugboat OR the beautiful country.

As you can see, I really enjoyed my stay at the CWR. I was a solo traveler and never felt lonely. I think it is a great place for couples, solos and families. I hope no matter your destination you take home as many happy memories as I did from my short time at the Covered Wagon Ranch.

Happy trails!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2009

We booked to stay here for 5 nights, and ended up staying for 8. We had a fantastic holiday here, the accommodation was clean, warm and cosy. The food was plentiful and tasty. We had never been to a Dude Ranch before and had a great time. You were made to feel like part of the family. The horses and staff looked after you well and the views and scenery were stunning. We had never ridden before but this was not a problem we were well looked after. We would definately return here again and could not fault it in anyway.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2009

I've been to the ranch 3 years in a row now and all I can say is WOW. This is a ranch for those who want to do 3 things Relax, Ride and Eat. Each year I was there it got better. The horses are the best I've seen at a ranch (no nose to tailers here)I have my own horse at home and am a seasoned rider so I really recommend this to fellow horse owners, but even if you have no riding experience they will match you to a great horse. When I go to the ranch I go to ride, I rode 6 days in a row all day lunch rides 6 -7 hours each day the past 2 years. I did an overnight pack trip last year (highly recomended) The scenery is some of the best you will find in montanta. I've been going for 3 years and almost every ride was on a different trail (except for the ones I asked to do again from the Previous year). The cabins are great comfortable and all with private baths. The food is great and the owners go out of their way to accommodate you. There is great hiking right from the ranch as well. The ranch is not set back in the woods and quite close to the main road but you don't even notice it and the scenery right from the ranch is breathtaking. There are no organized schedules or agendas. Every day we were asked what we wanted to do 1/2 day, all day rides, short rides, longer rides or maybe take a day off from riding and enjoy the peace and quiet at the cabin. They are right on the river so maybe go fishing. If you go please tell them Scott from New Hampshire recomended it to you. Happy Trails

• Stayed July 2008, traveled solo

Been to Covered Wagon Ranch? Share your experiences!