“One of our favorite B&Bs” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Jeffers Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ennis
The Jeffers Inn
You added The Jeffers Inn to your Saves list
75 Jeffers Road, Ennis, MT 59729   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Ennis B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Seattle, Washington
“One of our favorite B&Bs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Every trip to the Jeffers Inn is a memorable experience for us. The Inn is filled with history and owners Bob and Leigh can relate it all. Both are equestrians and Bob has done many historic trail rides in his authentic wagon as part of a recreated wagon train. The rooms are very comfortable, the setting quiet and peaceful and your hosts are both warm welcoming people who are happy to interact with you while respecting your privacy. And Leigh's breakfasts are delicious and filling.
On our way back to Seattle Leigh and Bob recommended a detour through Philipsburg MT--which is a hidden gem that we wouldn't have found without their local knowledge. We are always comfortable recommending friends and family say at the Jeffers Inn and look forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: The largest room has a lovely deck which enjoys late afternoon shade.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Bozeman, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Absolutely amazing experience. If you're tired of the standard hotel then this is the place to be. The owners (Bob and Leigh) are extremely down to earth and so kind-hearted. They make you feel welcome and are full of stories if you're willing to sit and chat. Wonderful breakfast is served every morning in addition to all of the other amenities included. The rooms are stunning which is such a nice turnaround from staying at a hotel. If you're ever out in Ennis this is the place to stay!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

This is the nicest & friendliest B&B we have ever stayed at over our years of travel. Leigh & Robert are excellent hosts, they were very accommodating especially given our short notice. We really enjoyed the carriage ride around Jeffers and the playing of the Native American flute. We plan on staying here again in the future.

• Stayed September 2013
Pocatello, Idaho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

My husband and I wanted to getaway for a romantic weekend and chose the Jeffers Inn because of all the lovely and glowing feedback I read here on Trip Advisor. In mid-August, I called and spoke to Leigh and reserved our room for the last weekend in September, more than five weeks in the future. She promised to send me a confirmation email regarding our reservation. Two days later, my husband won a special treat for Jackson Hole, so we decided to stay in Jackson instead. I called Leigh back first thing Monday morning, just four days after my initial contact with her. I explained what had happened and that we would need to cancel our reservation. She was very understanding and confirmed that she would cancel our reservation and send me an email letting me know it was done. At the end of August, I received my credit card statement and was surprised to see a charge for my stay at the Jeffers Inn. I called Leigh right away and she promised to reverse the charge and send me an email when it was done. She was very apologetic. Here it is the end of September and 1) I have never received any emails from Leigh or the Jeffers Inn confirming anything, and 2) The charges to my credit card have not been reversed, even though the last time my husband spoke to Leigh (9/17) she promised it would be resolved within 24 hours. I was so excited to stay at the Jeffers Inn, but after this experience I don't think we will ever go there. I caution anyone who is thinking of staying at the Jeffers Inn to be 100% certain that is what you want to do, because you may not get your money back if you need to cancel. Beware.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ladyennis, Manager at The Jeffers Inn, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Here at The Jeffers Inn we are always concerned when a reservation must be cancelled. We want to give all of our guests and future guests the best service we can ... always. We hold to our cancellation policy ... but do not have hearts of stone. Many time we will give a credit ... when our policy states other wise. A problem arises when a guest/reservation "Protests" the charges on their Credit Card Bill. If we act to give them a credit ... they have now received two credits. In effect ... they have been paid back twice to cancel their reservation. It is not a perfect world ... we try to always do what is right. In this case ... this reservation was refunded by "Protest". Calls have been made and the phone number is also "mail box full". A dilemma ... I'll keep trying. Owner/manager: Leigh Fosnot
Grand Junction, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed at the Inn last year and absolutely loved it! So much so that we made a special trip from Jackson Hole, WY to Ennis, MT in early September just to stay at the Inn again for 1-night. We were not disappointed in any regard. The Inn was equally enjoyable the second time around. Accommodations, breakfast, hospitality, and a host of little extras were all superb!

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely and excellently furnished!
Bozeman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I was in the area on business. The Jeffers Inn was just a quick drive to Virginia City, and the perfect distance outside of Ennis. Leigh and Bob really know how to make one feel at home. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: The Maiden Moon Suite is roomy and lacks absolutely nothing!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

The Jeffers Inn is the most incredible place in all of our travels throughout Montana. Not only is the residence itself beautiful, the entire place is captivating! From perfectly maintained landscape, to charming encampments, to overflowing flowers, gorgeous black ponies, perfectly kept bonfire pit with mountains as your backdrop - this place was captivating! Leigh & Rob are the kindest people I have met in all of Montana & as soon as you taste Leigh's cooking, you will know everything about this endearing couple opening up their home- comes straight from the heart. We hope to be back soon & will without a question will go back to the Jeffers Inn!

Room Tip: The 'Encampments' are everything & more as pictured on the website.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Jeffers Inn? Share your experiences!