“Paradise Lost” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Paradise Gateway Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Emigrant
Paradise Gateway Bed & Breakfast
P.O. Box 84, Emigrant, MT 59027   |
Ranked #1 of 6 Emigrant B&B and Inns
Orinda, California
“Paradise Lost”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2007

I have to say that I must second the "odd experience" review below almost word for word. As full time travelers with extensive B&B experience we were shocked to encounter a B&B owner who was rude to us. That was a first for us.

My wife, 11 year old daughter and I arrived at a reasonable hour (2PM) to inquire about the possibility of open room on a Tuesday. We were told by the owner that she had a room for $125.00 and that she would show it to us. It looked fine for us with a queen and a small bed for our daughter. When we said ok, we were told that it acutally would be only suitable for the two adults and that our daughter would have to rent another room which was the next room over. She said it was due to the fact that the room was double occupancy only. When we explained that our daughter would likely not be comfortable in the single room she blurted... "Maybe you should just go to a motel in Gardner" We were stunned and just said "ok.... um... thank you" and high tailed it out of there.

The funny thing is, she was the first B&B owner in over a year of full time travel to fail to introduce herself or ask us where we were from or what our names were. There was actually not even eye contact. We love B&B's and won't stop dropping in when we see one we like because of one bad experience. Normally we experience such warmth and outgoing positive people in B&B's, both owners and guests.

We sincerely hope that ours was an isolated case and that she was just not used to walk in's. It could also have been that she didn't know how to ask for a third person premium for the cost of towels, water and breakfast. Most places just charge $15 to $35 extra for the child in the room which would have been fine without the attitude.

My suggestion would be to try one of the other nearby inns where you get outstanding Tripadvisor ratings on the owners as well as the accommodations.

John

• Liked — Location on the river
  • Disliked — Rude owner
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

122 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Ann Arbor, MI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2007

Paradise Valley is lovely, and the Paradise Gateway Bed and Breakfast is a lovely location on the Yellowstone River. The Bed and Breakfast has 4 rooms in the main house, and 2 outlying cabins. We were really excited to end our 2 week hiking and camping vacation in the Tetons and Yellowstone with this bit of luxury. The facilities were top-notch, but the owner was sour and cold...we've stayed in B&B's around the world and this is our first really negative experience with an owner. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt that maybe she was having a rough patch dealing with the public, but I would recommend having a conversation with them before you book their lovely but expensive cabins.

• Liked — location and facilities
  • Disliked — owner atttitude
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
West Salem, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2006

When I return it will be with someone though. I went by myself on this trip and believe me you don't want to stay at a B and B by yourself. If I venture out on my own again I will stay at a hotel. I felt very uncomfortable, but I loved the place. I took the picture I am attaching from a swing thing they have sitting next to the Yellowstone River. I spent a lot of time on this swing.

I would recommend this place without a doubt :)

Stayed June 2006
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2006

We stayed here on honeymoon this Autumn. It is in the most beautiful setting. We stayed in the main house. It is like staying with a friend. Lots of home touches from the decor to the fabulous homecooked breakfasts. The owners are so friendly and really helpful with local amenities. Our bedroom had the most beautiful view of the mountains and the Yellowstone river goes by the end of the garden. You are free to explore the extensive grounds. The log cabins/chalets are also well kitted out and have all the home touches also. Very handy for Yellowstone but the area also has lots of places to go for walks and Bozeman is a lovely town. We had dinner in Chico Hot Springs and availed of the springs pool. We had thought of staying there but were glad we didn't as it was so impersonal and crowded in comparison. Hope to go back to Paradise real soon!

• Stayed October 2005
Baltimore, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2004

My husband and I stayed at this B&B for several days in July, 2003. We were in the Wildflower Room which has a view of the Yellowstone River. The owners were terrific and made us feel very welcome. They were helpful with suggestions on local hiking, horseback riding, and Yellowstone sightseeing. The breakfasts were outstanding and the on-site hot stone massage was incredible. Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2003

Been to Paradise Gateway Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!