“Make sure you don't have to cancel!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Paradise Gateway Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Emigrant
Paradise Gateway Bed & Breakfast
P.O. Box 84, Emigrant, MT 59027   |
Ranked #1 of 6 Emigrant B&B and Inns
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Make sure you don't have to cancel!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Disclaimer: we did NOT stay at Paradise Gateway. It appears to be a lovely place and obviously gets great TA reviews, however, beware if your plans change. I made a reservation for 3 nights in Sept 2014 with a very friendly seasonal worker a couple months ago. After considering the convenience of having a laundry if we stayed in a cabin, she told me that if laundry was our main concern, to book a B&B room and Carol would let us use their laundry during non-busy times. Great! Couple weeks later I called with a question, and this time got Carol. I've read so many nice reviews about her so was anxious to talk to her. I commented how convenient the laundry would be, to which she very matter-of-factly informed me that we could NOT use their laundry at the B&B but could go to a laundromat downtown. I explained that I was told differently by the seasonal worker, but she didn't waiver and offered no apology for the misinformation. In the past week, our plans for next year changed and we realized we wouldn't be in the Emigrant area. I immediately called Carol, who was clearly annoyed and her first comment was "there will be a $50 cancellation charge." When I questioned that, she just told me that the policy is on their website. It is. However, given the fact that she hadn't even charged my deposit yet, AND I had been given false information about the laundry, I thought she would at least offer to waive that if she was able to rebook the room. Nothing. Then to top it off, she informed me that she wasn't in her office and asked that I email her my cancellation so she'd have it when she got home. I was at work, but took the time to do as she asked. I again explained my position in the email. Tried to send it three times and it bounced back to me each time as undeliverable. I then called and left a voice mail, asking that she please return my call so we could discuss this. Instead, I get an emailed receipt for the $50 charge.
Ok, yes - the policy is on their website. However I think this is highway robbery, as did other innkeepers I spoke to. I could totally understand if she had already charged our deposit, as I know there are credit card fees, etc. I could also see it if we were canceling within even a few months of our reservation. But this is TEN months! I feel totally ripped off, and each time I talked to Carol she was less than gracious, certainly not what I expected after reading all the reviews. I'm not trying to dissuade anyone from staying here. I'm sure if you do, you'll have a lovely time. But we won't. I've stayed in B&Bs for years and never experienced something like this. The one other time I had to cancel a reservation was earlier this year in California because of the shutdown. I canceled 10 days prior and got a full refund. And when I'm in California again, I will go out of my way to stay there. But the next time I'm in Yellowstone, I'll sleep in my car first. Hope my hard earned 50 bucks was worth it!

Stayed September 2013

122 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Monticello, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

This was our first trip not only to Yellowstone, but Montana as well. We were greeted by Carol and Pete’s daughter-in-law, Holly, who was a cheerful host. We were made to feel at home as soon as Holly opened the front door! We then met Pete and Tamika (Tammy). Carol was away the first two days, but Holly, Pete and Tammy took great care of us! Breakfast was always delicious and (whew) huge!!! We did not need much for lunch! Carol arrived on the third day of our stay. As soon as she arrived home, she immediately went into hostess mode. Pete is a great guide for the park as well. Each morning he would plan our day in the park – and it was never disappointing! Being from the south, hospitality is a big deal to me. This family took us in and treated us as one of their own. We cannot wait to return!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

My recent stay at the Paradise B&B was one of the best travel experiences I have ever had. Carol is an amazing host and the property is beautiful. The location is perfect for exploring Yellowstone or just relaxing for a few days.

• Stayed September 2013
Calhoun, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

This was our first trip to the Yellowstone area, and we could not have chosen a better place to stay! The perfect way to start out the day is with one of Carol's delicious (and HUGE) breakfasts seated in their cozy dining room enjoying the view of the mountains and the river. Meanwhile, Pete will be your personal tour guide and help you plan out your days based on what you want to do and see. Then you can end the day just as wonderfully seated by the campfire as the river goes rolling by! Their knowledge of the area, warm hospitality, and excellent accommodations won us over completely, and we can't wait to return! Thank you!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Jenkintown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

My husband and I spent one night at Paradise Gateway in 2010. I knew then I had to go back so I returned there at the end of August with my sister and another traveling buddy of ours. This time we rented the magnificent River Bend Lodge, set right on the Yellowstone River, about 1 mile down the road from the B&B. It offered everything we hoped for and more. Carol and Pete are wonderful hosts. We were so happy to discover that Pete provides guided tours of Yellowstone National Park for their guests. He knows the park so very well and was accommodating to our every need. He has a wonderful sense of humor and we had lots of laughs as well. When we could go into Emigrant, it was evident that Carol and Pete are a much loved part of the Emigrant community, as everyone spoke so highly of them. I hope so much to return to Emigrant again and to Paradise Gateway Bed & Breakfast.

Room Tip: The River Bend Lodge offers a deck off an upstairs room that provides spectacular views of the river...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This place has it all if you like a nice quiet peaceful place to stay. Extremely hospitable (my wife has a very hard time with stairs so they even served breakfast downstairs so she wouldn't have to climb the large staircase). About that breakfast - you have to experience it to believe it! The good food just kept coming and coming!!!

Room Tip: Watch out for the mileage signs on the LEFT side of the road once you leave the Emmigrant, MT inters...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Horsham, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stayed at the Eagles Nest cabin on the banks of the Yellowstone River. The cabins had every home comfort we could have wished for and was lovely to come back to relax after a day touring Yellowstone Park. The cabin was secluded but near enough to Gardiner and Emigrant to be able to shop and eat at the local restaurants.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Paradise Gateway Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!