“Great BBQ and Music” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Dessert
Sacramento, California
“Great BBQ and Music”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Great BBQ and they had a wonderful musician playing on the deck both nights we were in town. It's worth staying around for his set.

73% Recommend
New York City, New York
“Not great, not bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

The food I got at Whistle Stop was very forgettable. The bison burger, for example, had precisely three ingredients: ground bison, a bun, and, because I asked for them, mushrooms. All in all, it wasn't bad, but it was utterly bland and boring.

My companions got some fries and other stuff, and overall, the food seemed a bit cheap, greasy, and just thrown together. The bang-for-buck was very low, and as the meal came to a close, I was somewhat disappointed.

I then noticed a few locals entering the restaurant. They ordered a slice of pie, split it, ate it, and left. So, my companions did the same with two slices of two different pies, and they were actually quite good and reasonably priced.

I wish I could give the food three stars and the pie four, because there was such an obvious difference in the care and effort put into them that it was surprising. Overall, I'd suggest stopping by at Whistle Stop to get desert... but take a pass on the food.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Nine Mile Falls, Washington
“Best food and very reasonable price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We had bbq spareribs and chicken. So tender and great sauce. Salad was very good and the sour cream rhubarb pie is to die for.
We were there July 5 and they were very busy and service was still excellant

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Whistle Stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Good, local place to grab breakfast, lunch or dinner. I would recommend the salmon or crab omelets for breakfast. We at here for other meals as well and they were good.

Visited June 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“A random stop for breakfast made a great surprise...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Starving for breakfast, this was more or less the first place we passed after leaving East Glacier on the way to Two Medicine Lake. As I was very hungry, I ordered a Spanish omelette and the huckleberry french toast! From the look of the place I expected a quite average breakfast but I couldn't have been more wrong! The omelette was literally the best I ever remembered having. The huckleberry french toast as a "dessert" was lovely too, but I was too full to eat it all... The staff was very nice and friendly and I was offered refill of my coffee more than once... Just one of those places you only think you see in American movies...