“Great Place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sears Motel and Campground

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in East Glacier Park
Sears Motel and Campground
You added Sears Motel and Campground to your Saves list
1023 Highway 49 North, Box 275, East Glacier Park, MT 59434   |
East Glacier Park
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

We stayed the entire summer in the RV Park last year. Great Place, great town and lots of things to do. We are on the way back for the 2012 season. Staff is the best.

Room Tip: good place to base from for hiking, riding horses, fishing on the east side of the park. Don't...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Red Deer, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

Sears cabins were absolutely adorable. Great staff, she made sure we knew how to use the station to wash/dry off our motorbikes. The room was small, simple and very charming. The shower was a bit sketchy, and you can't drink/brush your teeth with the water, but they do provide a big bottle of water.
would stay there again

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Remer, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

I loved the location, price and wonderfully friendly, helpful owner. We stayed in #15 which is part of the older "rooms". The room was so cute and cozy--very plain and simple. The only criticism I have is that the carpeting was very old, torn and dirty. But the place was cheap so we didn't care. For the location and price we were fine with the accommodations.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Annandale, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

This is a wonderful place to stay if you want to get away from the hectic pace of the city. It's definitely not a 5-Star Hotel so if you are used to being pampered and need all sorts of amenities, this is not the place for you. However, if you want a cozy cabin to stay in, a friendly staff who go out of their way to answer your questions and give you advice then this is the place for you. Several restaurants are also within walking distance and the hotel manager will give you coupons for discounted breakfasts at the restaurant across the street. The manager also gave us coupons for reduced price tours in the park as well. I couldn't have asked for a more hospitable manager.

The only negative was the bathroom. It was incredibly small and the shower had very little pressure. However, this minor inconvenience did nothing to sway my love of the Sears Motel and its staff.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2011

I'm really only have one requirement when it comes to booking hotels: it has to be clean. It has to have a decent bathroom. Sears Motel would be the loveliest place on earth if it only were cleaner and updated. I checked their website and it looked like a decent, no-thrills place, so I did not expect what I saw. When I walked into the gift shop that also serves as the reception, I was welcomed by a musty "moldy" odour; I should have taken it as a sign... Anyway, the rooms themselves are dated and basic, but the motel is cheap, so I didn't have high expectations... But the bathroom... Oh the bathroom... Everything was so old, paint was coming off, the shower was so disguisting that I wanted to step into it in my hiking boots, because flips flops didn't seem to be enough... For some reason it did not cross my mind to ask to see if there any other rooms available and if they had better bathrooms. My bad. But even if all the other bathrooms are better, that one is enough for me to know that I would never stay there again. I don't exacty understand how come the owners were not embarassed to even allow guests to see it. I'm adding pictures, so check for yourself.
For the record, the room WAS cleaned every day, but the housekeeper would have to have super powers to be able to make it look better.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Spokane, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2010

I stayed in sears back in august while visiting east glacier park. When you get to the town you will realize you wont find a Hilton or Westin, You are in the country, and a get away from the city is what are you looking for if you are there. If you want to pay for luxury go to the Lodge. If you want to rest after a great day in the trails. this is a great place to stay, what you pay is worth.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Hoboken, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

-Bathrooms were horrible-
The shower of the first unit we were assigned (unit #3) had no tiling on the walls or floor. Upon requesting another room, we were assigned to unit #1, which was missing tiling on the floor of the shower. In hindsight, the public showers at Swiftcurrent were as good if not better than the showers of these mini-cabin units.

-Sauna or Icebox-- you decide-
As for the temperature of the room, it will either be freezing cold or stifling hot. The forced hot air unit quickly heats the room, which is nice for warming up after a cold day. However, if you choose not to freeze during the night by running the hot air, you will eventually suffocate as the small bedroom will eventually become a sauna. If I wanted to sleep in layers with the heat off, I'd sleep in a tent!

- Fairly priced-
We got what we paid for. I can't complain about the cost per night as it is fairly affordable. However, I would have been willing to pay more for a comfortably warm, clean unit.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Sears Motel and Campground? Share your experiences!